• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Creates: What if Smash Ultimate had another year of development? (Job #26: Challenger Pack #2 criteria)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
! CHALLENGER APPROACHING !
300px-SSBU_spirit_Isaac.png

Isaac
Goes Gold!

Job #22: Items, Assist Trophies & Poké Balls

For this job, I'm going to be bringing back every previous Item, Assist Trophy* & Poké Ball summon*, as well as add new ones.

*Barring the ones promoted to playable

For this job, the premise is simple: submit new items from each series and company, and submit an Assist Trophy from each series and company...sans Pokémon since we're also going to submit new Poké Ball summons from each generation. Here are the submission templates for Assist Trophies & Poké Balls:
  • Series
    • Mario
    • Donkey Kong
    • Zelda
    • Metroid
    • Yoshi
    • Kirby
    • Star Fox
    • EarthBound
    • F-ZERO
    • Ice Climber
    • Fire Emblem
    • Game & Watch
    • Kid Icarus
    • Wario
    • Metal Gear Solid
    • Sonic the Hedgehog
    • Pikmin
    • Animal Crossing
    • Mega Man
    • Wii Fit
    • Punch-Out!!
    • Xenoblade Chronicles
    • Street Fighter
    • Final Fantasy
    • Bayonetta
    • Splatoon
    • Banjo-Kazooie
    • ARMS
    • Castlevania
    • Golden Sun
  • Companies
    • Nintendo
    • Konami
    • SEGA
    • Capcom
    • Bandai Namco
    • Square Enix
    • Rareware
    • Microsoft
  • Generation I
  • Generation II
  • Generation III
  • Generation IV
  • Generation V
  • Generation VI
  • Generation VII
I'll get to my submissions later.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Assist Trophies
  • Series
    • Mario : Paper Mario
    • Donkey Kong: Chunky Kong
    • Zelda: Ravio
    • Metroid: X Parasite
    • Yoshi: Poochy
    • Kirby: Dark Matter
    • Star Fox: Landmaster
    • EarthBound: Fassad
    • F-ZERO: Deathborn
    • Fire Emblem: Summoner (FE Heroes)
    • Kid Icarus: Eggplant Wizard
    • Wario: Captain Syrup
    • Metal Gear Solid: Raiden
    • Sonic the Hedgehog: Chaos
    • Pikmin: Wallywog
    • Animal Crossing: Item Balloon
    • Mega Man: Met
    • Xenoblade Chronicles: Elma
    • Street Fighter: Zangief
    • Final Fantasy: Gilgamesh
    • Bayonetta: Masked Lumen
    • Splatoon: Off the Hook
    • Banjo-Kazooie: Mumbo Jumbo
    • ARMS: Max Brass
    • Castlevania: Death
    • Golden Sun: Felix
  • Companies
    • Nintendo: Wrestler and Reporter
    • Konami: Bill Rizer
    • SEGA: Jack Frost
    • Capcom: Arthur
    • Bandai Namco: Mappy
    • Square Enix: Geno
    • Rareware: Fulgore
    • Microsoft: Doom Slayer
Pokeballs
  • Generation I: Slowpoke
  • Generation II: Blissey
  • Generation III: Kecleon
  • Generation IV: Hippowdon
  • Generation V: Chandelure
  • Generation VI: Noivern
  • Generation VII: Minior

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
New Pokémon summons
Gen 1: :142:
Gen 2::248:
Gen 3: Sharpedo
Gen 4:Glaceon
Gen 5:Zebstrika
Gen 6:Tyrantrum
Gen 7:Mudsdale

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
  • Mario - Daisy
  • Donkey Kong - Cranky
  • Zelda - Guardian Scout
  • Metroid - Sylux
  • Kirby - Prince Fluff
  • Star Fox - Slot Machine
  • F-ZERO - Dr. Clash
  • Fire Emblem - Anna
  • Kid Icarus - Pandora (Flame)
  • Wario - Mona
  • Metal Gear Solid - Psycho Mantis
  • Sonic the Hedgehog - E-102 Gamma
  • Pikmin - Beady Long Legs
  • Animal Crossing - Jack
  • Mega Man - Roll
  • Punch-Out!! - Glass Joe
  • Xenoblade Chronicles - Nia (w. Dromarch)
  • Street Fighter - Dhalsim
  • Final Fantasy - Chocobo
  • Bayonetta - Luka
  • Splatoon - Sheldon
  • Banjo-Kazooie - TipTup (appeared in both N64 game in addition to dkr)
  • ARMS - Helix
  • Golden Sun - Jenna
  • Companies
    • Nintendo - Chibi Robo (....)
    • Konami - Frogger (....)
    • SEGA - Aiai (Monkey Ball)
    • Capcom - Strider (....)
    • Bandai Namco - Prince (Katamari)
    • Square Enix - Emil (Nier)
    • Rareware - Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark)
    • Microsoft - Zoo Keeper (Zoo Tycoon)

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
  • Series
    • Mario: Flies & Hand (the Hand goes around swatting Flies, hitting fighters in the process)
    • Donkey Kong: Cranky Kong (plays an old-school record player while barrels roll around all over the stage)
    • Zelda: Guardian (shoots powerful lasers from the background, but its legs can be attacked to force it onto the stage)
    • Metroid: Adam Malkovich (temporarily disables every fighter's special moves)
    • Yoshi: Toadies (circle around the stage and pick a random fighter to raise to the top of the screen, resulting in a Star K.O.)
    • Kirby: Susie (turns every fighter metal)
    • Star Fox: Krystal (shoots ice blasts from her staff)
    • EarthBound: Porky (plays just like his boss fight from Brawl)
    • F-ZERO: Pico (shoots opponents from the foreground)
    • Ice Climber: Polar Bear (each jump causes all fighters to bounce)
    • Fire Emblem: Pegasus Sisters (attack with their signature Triangle Attack)
    • Game & Watch: Manhole (saves the summoner from falling off the stage)
    • Kid Icarus: Reaper (calls for his Reapettes to attack opponents while the "classic" 8-bit tune plays)
    • Wario: Rudy the Clown (can instantly K.O. opponents by grabbing them; he appears as his sprite from Wario Land 3)
    • Sonic the Hedgehog: Dr. Eggman (attacks using the wrecking ball from the first game)
    • Pikmin: Bulborb (fights how it does in Smash Run)
    • Animal Crossing: Kapp'n (tries to capture fighters using his bus and then ride to the blast zone)
    • Mega Man: Zero (fights how he does in UMvC3)
    • Wii Fit: Wii Balance Board (causes the stage to either be slippery or experience earthquakes, both things that would disrupt the fighters' balance)
    • Punch-Out!!: Bald Bull (attacks with his signature Bull Rush, and will spring back when hit)
    • Street Fighter: Guile (fights by turtling)
    • Final Fantasy: Tifa (uses all her Limit Breaks in order, ending with Final Heaven)
    • Bayonetta: Rodin (fights with his bare hands before tossing a weapon onto the stage)
    • Splatoon: Squid Sisters (sing one of their songs while the screen zooms in)
    • Banjo-Kazooie: Gruntilda (
      Grunty Speaking.gif
      "Rams into opponents with her lovely ol' broomstick, accompanied by dialogue that really makes them tick!")
    • ARMS: Spring Man (attacks with his own ARMS)
    • Castlevania: Alucard (fights how he does in Symhpony of the Night)
  • Companies
    • Nintendo: Nikki (attacks with different drawings)
    • Konami: Bomberman (runs around and lays bombs and Remote Bombs that explode in cross patterns)
    • SEGA: Opa Opa (flies around and attacks with different kinds of shots)
    • Capcom: Red Arremer (flies out of opponents' reach and alternates between dive bombs and fireballs)
    • Bandai Namco: Dig Dug (inflates fighters and causes them to grow Giant, but with the side effect of becoming lightweight don't worry there's none of the inflation you're thinking of)
    • Square Enix: Neku Sakuraba (attacks using Pyrokinesis, Ice Risers and Blink Step)
    • Rareware: Conker (runs around with a chainsaw)
    • Microsoft: Creeper (follows fighters and blows up after 1.5 seconds)
    • Koei Tecmo: Yuri Kozukata (takes pictures with her Camera Obscura
  1. Abra: Teleport (takes an opponent and teleports them off the stage)
  2. Spinarak: String Shot (wraps opponents in string that slows them down until they can't move)
  3. Exploud: Boomburst (screams so loudly, every opponent on the stage is stunned)
  4. Dusknoir: Pressure (all fighters' special moves cause recoil damage)
  5. Cofagrigus: Imprison (opponents are either frozen, buried or slowed down)
  6. Yveltal: Oblivion Wing (shoots a laser that inflicts the flower status on opponents)
  7. Alola Pokémon
    • Alolan Raichu: Surge Surfer (surfs on its tail to attack opponents)
    • Alolan Vulpix: Powder Snow (shoots horizontal ice blasts that freeze opponents)
    • Alolan Exeggutor: Block (walks around and blocks fighters with its sheer height alone)
    • Bewear: Strength (hugs the first opponent it comes across; if the opponent breaks free, it gets angry and uppercuts them)
    • Pyukumuku: Innards Out (counters with its hand)
    • Togedemaru: Zing Zap (zings around and zaps with its spikes)
    • Tapu Koko: Electric Terrain (turns a good chunk of the stage floor into an electric floor)
    • Solgaleo: Sunsteel Strike (charges towards the opponents it's aiming at)
    • Lunala: Moongeist Beam (fires a laser from the background)
    • Marshadow: Spectral Thief (stuns opponents with its shadow, then rushes forward with a shadow punch)
  • Campfire: Spawns food frequently
  • Banana Gun: Shoots a banana like a gun
  • Beastball: Teleports to the opponent once thrown
  • Black Hole: Sucks in nearby opponents
  • Fake Smash Ball: Explodes on contact; indicated by a wonky Smash symbol
  • Rage Blaster: Power is relative to your current damage
  • Sword: A regular sword serving as the most basic melee weapon
  • Super Horn: Stuns opponents around you
  • Super Launch Star: Propels fights in the direction it's facing
  • Coconut Gun: Fires coconuts that explode in an area
  • Laser (Star Fox): Fires a homing shot
  • Beast Ball: Summons an Ultra Beast that fights indiscriminately
    • Nihilego: Constrict (latches onto fighters and poisons them)
    • Buzzwole: Superpower (delivers a mighty punch that OHKO's any fighters in the radius)
    • Pheromosa: Agility (runs at terrific speeds to kick fighters)
    • Xurkitree: Ion Deluge (shoots electrified ion particle beams all over the stage)
    • Celesteela: Flash Cannon (gathers all the energy it can muster and fires it all at once)
    • Kartana: X-Scissor (slashes an X all across the screen)
    • Guzzlord: Swallow (swallows fighters whole, OHKO-ing them)
  • Ramblin' Evil Mushroom: Reverses opponents' controls
  • Killing Edge: Deals critical hits when it flashes red
  • Devil Axe: The wielder has a chance of SD-ing during use
  • Staff: Deals more damage from further away
  • Boom Orbitars: Fire cannonballs on both sides of you
  • Wario Bomb: Blows up in a huge area after 10 seconds; run away once you see "3-2-1"
  • Electric Shield: Offers an extra midair jump and absorbs energy projectiles
  • Ether: Temporarily powers up your special moves
  • Splattershot Jr.: Deals less damage but covers opponents in a fair bit of ink before running out
  • Death's Scythe: Instantly K.O.'s opponents above 80%
  • Fire Emblem - Alm & Celica
Celica is an Echo Fighter of Robin.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Mario: Captain Toad, Ice Flower
Donkey Kong: Rambi, Orange Grenade
Zelda: Revali, Skull Hammer
Kirby: Kracko
Earthbound: Duster
Wario: 9-Volt
Sonic the Hedgehog: Silver
Animal Crossing: Redd
Street Fighter: Blanka
Bayonetta: Enzo
Banjo-Kazooie: Bottles
ARMS: Twintelle
Castlevania: Shanoa
Nintendo: Sukapon
Konami: Pyramid Head
SEGA: Alex Kidd
Capcom: Rathalos
Bandai Namco: Klonoa
Square Enix: Bub and Bob
Rareware: Rash

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Me: 9​
TCT: 8​
BowserKing: 4​
Nirvana: 3​
Northsouthmap: 0​
And the winners are me and TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom ! Congrats!

Job #23: First challenger pack & bonus Mii Costume

Now we’re going into the real DLC! Though for this thread I’m going to takes notes from Paraster’s “Ultimate DLC in a Parallel Universe” thread and pick DLC characters by criteria. For example, since Challenger Pack 1 in canon features Joker, so I figured we should do criteria that fits him. In addition, we’re going to throw in a bonus Mii Costume for buying the Fighters Pass in its entirety, though unlike canon it’s going to be a 3rd party character.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Now that I have the time, let me pitch my updated Joker pack

1686756150380.png

Megami Tensei's first Persona spinoff game came out in 1996. The development team loved the idea of a smaller setting focusing on young adults after the success of Shin Megami Tensei IF on the Super Famicom. The game had many of its elements rooted in Jungian psychology. The modern Persona series really took route in 2006 with the release of Persona 3. Soon, the Persona spinoff would outgrow its Shin Megami Tensei roots, dropping the moniker entirely during the Persona 4 era.

Persona 5 came out in Japan in late 2016, while releasing worldwide in 2017. I'm going to gush a bit, because Persona 5 (particularly the updated re release Persona 5 Royal) is one of my favorite video games of all time. The writing is a ton of fun, I love the cast of likeable characters. The art direction is some of the best I have seen in any video game. The OST is sublime, I still listen to it all the time. The gameplay, especially in Royal, hones the turn based combat into its finest form. There are so few of the hiccups or filler that other JRPGs can have, Persona 5 Royal is just the definitive JRPG of the 2010s.

Joker's reveal in Smash Ultimate meant a lot for me. It was so exciting standing in line with friends at a Gamestop in the middle of nowhere for Smash Ultimate's midnight release. I already was going to call in sick so I could just get everything I could the next day. The game awards were playing on my phone as we saw Geoff Knightly hype up every announcement. Some like CTR were a ton of fun for me. Some were not. Then the screen darkened and the lights flickered. Seeing Persona as the final announcement made me already ecstatic. But then, we see that envelope. One of my favorite gmaes of all time was going to be in Smash. His release also meant a lot to me. I was in a big depressive episode for April of 2019. Being able to just chill out and play Joker was a breath of fresh air to help me over that rock.

Enough gushing though, what changes?

Well, moveset wise I have Joker almost entirely the same. I probably tone down Arsene Back Air, but I think Joker's final design is in a really great spot. A fluid, dynamic character focused on zone breaking and tempo is a ton of fun. I do make one tiny adjustment with our updated re release. Joker is going to now have two more final Smash rotations. The first will have Morgana, Crow, and Violet in the final smash, referencing Persona 5 Royal. The second will have Sophie, Wolf, and Makoto referencing Persona 5 Strikers.

1686756890240.png

Speaking of those characters, I will have them also appear in the rotation of appearances on Mementos. Mementos is going to remain more or less the same as it was outside of those cameos and a few more songs. I think it does a great job as our Persona 5 stage. The art direction is great, the hazards on version is chaotic, and the hazards off version is a nice stage for free for alls.

Now for the music. Joker is going to have all the songs that he had in the base game. I will be throwing in a few extra ones though.

From Persona 5 Royal, the following songs will be added into the mix.

From Persona 5's original release, the following songs are added.

From Persona 5 Strikers, we would have the following songs.

From Persona 3 and 4, the following songs would also be added.

Also just for fun, here are a few songs from P1 and P2

I know that is a metric ton of music, but dang it I love me some Persona so why not. If Tekken can get that much love so can Persona.

Now for the Mii Costumes. I think as is, Joker has a pretty good selection of Mii Costumes. I did want to have at least one "deluxe" mii costume with each wave that comes with a music track. For this one, I chose Jack Frost. I think you can pretty naturally translate him into either a Gunner or a Brawler, but I went with Brawler.

For the music track he comes with, I threw in Nocturne's battle theme. I debated with SMT song he would have, but I figured the battle theme to one of the more popular entries would be a nice bone to throw in.

In terms of other mii costumes, I think the only other one I would push would be a Kiryu Mii Brawler. I think it would fit well and we are in a Sega themed pass after all.

Please vote for Joker!

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
2b

Several similarities with Persona 5 such being a breakthrough success for a niche rpg series, eventually going multiplat despite series connection to sony, rough release timeframe, etc.

Mii Costume - Geno (Deluxe)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Job #23: Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars); character from a SEGA-owned RPG franchise
Sakura Shinguji.png
Sakura Wars is a 1996 tactical RPG released in 1996 for the Sega Saturn, dubbed as a "dramatic adventure" that mimics anime, with the main story taking place across 10 episodes. Sakura is one of the members of the Imperial Combat Revue's Flower Division, a group that fights demons in steam-powered mechs, with their base also fronting as a theater. The franchise since then has had a somewhat understated but nontheless long-lasting legacy all the way into 2020, with many sequels coming out and many crossover and spin-off appearances in the years since the first game.

What separates Sakura Wars from most tactical RPG's (at the time, anyway) was how it incorporated dating-sim and visual novel elements.
In the visual novel part of the gameplay, Ogami, the character the player primarily controls, navigates the theater in between battles, during which the player is at the mercy of the Live & Interactive Picture System (LIPS). When Ogami is faced with critical choices during conversations with both members of the Flower Division and supporting characters, dialogue trees are displayed with a time limit for the player to input. Depending on the type of response, the character Ogami is conversing with may respond positively or negatively, impacting their relationship with Ogami and future interactions. Other actions within LIPS include holding the cursor over parts of a character's portrait to trigger internal monologues and varying responses from the characters. Each main heroine has different personality quirks that must be taken into consideration while talking with them, with correct responses raising their "Trust".

During the actual battles, the Flower Division fights demons using machines called Kobu. Each unit has their own turn, with each turn allowing two actions. These actions include "Attack", "Defend", "Move", "Deathblow" (a critical strike that can one-shot any normal enemy), Charge (store energy for later), and Heal (which restores the unit's HP). Different units specialize in different skills such as support actions, melee attacks, or ranged attacks. Units have varying movement abilities based on available space and unit statistics, as well as a separate attack range based on their weapon type. Actions taken during LIPS sequences with members of the Flower Division directly impact battles; raised trust during LIPS segments grant statistic increases and subsequently improve combat ability. You lose when you either fail to meet certain conditions for victory or when the HP on Ogami's Kobu reaches zero (but you can continue afterwards and there's no permadeath).

If we were to translate the LIPS system into Smash, one way to go about would be this. The stage would be the Grand Imperial Theater, which would feature various projections of the different Combat Revues and their bases. as for the music? Around this time, the 2019 Sakura Wars soft reboot would have already been released in Japan and around the same time as this Challenger Pack overseas, so the music would be as follows:
Spirits would also be taken from Sakura Wars history, focusing primarily on the Flower Division but with chracters from other games.

Hope you enjoyed my pitch!

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Now that I have the time, let me pitch my updated Joker pack

View attachment 373324

Megami Tensei's first Persona spinoff game came out in 1996. The development team loved the idea of a smaller setting focusing on young adults after the success of Shin Megami Tensei IF on the Super Famicom. The game had many of its elements rooted in Jungian psychology. The modern Persona series really took route in 2006 with the release of Persona 3. Soon, the Persona spinoff would outgrow its Shin Megami Tensei roots, dropping the moniker entirely during the Persona 4 era.

Persona 5 came out in Japan in late 2016, while releasing worldwide in 2017. I'm going to gush a bit, because Persona 5 (particularly the updated re release Persona 5 Royal) is one of my favorite video games of all time. The writing is a ton of fun, I love the cast of likeable characters. The art direction is some of the best I have seen in any video game. The OST is sublime, I still listen to it all the time. The gameplay, especially in Royal, hones the turn based combat into its finest form. There are so few of the hiccups or filler that other JRPGs can have, Persona 5 Royal is just the definitive JRPG of the 2010s.

Joker's reveal in Smash Ultimate meant a lot for me. It was so exciting standing in line with friends at a Gamestop in the middle of nowhere for Smash Ultimate's midnight release. I already was going to call in sick so I could just get everything I could the next day. The game awards were playing on my phone as we saw Geoff Knightly hype up every announcement. Some like CTR were a ton of fun for me. Some were not. Then the screen darkened and the lights flickered. Seeing Persona as the final announcement made me already ecstatic. But then, we see that envelope. One of my favorite gmaes of all time was going to be in Smash. His release also meant a lot to me. I was in a big depressive episode for April of 2019. Being able to just chill out and play Joker was a breath of fresh air to help me over that rock.

Enough gushing though, what changes?

Well, moveset wise I have Joker almost entirely the same. I probably tone down Arsene Back Air, but I think Joker's final design is in a really great spot. A fluid, dynamic character focused on zone breaking and tempo is a ton of fun. I do make one tiny adjustment with our updated re release. Joker is going to now have two more final Smash rotations. The first will have Morgana, Crow, and Violet in the final smash, referencing Persona 5 Royal. The second will have Sophie, Wolf, and Makoto referencing Persona 5 Strikers.

View attachment 373325
Speaking of those characters, I will have them also appear in the rotation of appearances on Mementos. Mementos is going to remain more or less the same as it was outside of those cameos and a few more songs. I think it does a great job as our Persona 5 stage. The art direction is great, the hazards on version is chaotic, and the hazards off version is a nice stage for free for alls.

Now for the music. Joker is going to have all the songs that he had in the base game. I will be throwing in a few extra ones though.

From Persona 5 Royal, the following songs will be added into the mix.

From Persona 5's original release, the following songs are added.

From Persona 5 Strikers, we would have the following songs.

From Persona 3 and 4, the following songs would also be added.

Also just for fun, here are a few songs from P1 and P2

I know that is a metric ton of music, but dang it I love me some Persona so why not. If Tekken can get that much love so can Persona.

Now for the Mii Costumes. I think as is, Joker has a pretty good selection of Mii Costumes. I did want to have at least one "deluxe" mii costume with each wave that comes with a music track. For this one, I chose Jack Frost. I think you can pretty naturally translate him into either a Gunner or a Brawler, but I went with Brawler.

For the music track he comes with, I threw in Nocturne's battle theme. I debated with SMT song he would have, but I figured the battle theme to one of the more popular entries would be a nice bone to throw in.

In terms of other mii costumes, I think the only other one I would push would be a Kiryu Mii Brawler. I think it would fit well and we are in a Sega themed pass after all.

Please vote for Joker!
I redid my Joker pitch now that I have time. Hope you all enjoy it, I put plenty of thought into it.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Joker: 12
2B: 8​
Sakura: 10​

! CHALLENGER APPROACHING !

Joker_SSBU.png
Joker
Steals the Show!

Job #24: Story Mode routes for the original 12
The Story Mode of the Arcade Mode is structured how Classic Mode is in canon SSBU; six fights before the final stage, with a boss from WoL (save for Galeem and Dharkon) and a bonus round thrown in for good measure. The bare minimum is that you submit themes for each route, but you can do the route in full if you'd like.
RoundOpponentStageMusicNotes
1​
:ultluigi::ultpeach:
:battlefieldb:
Ground Theme - Super Mario Bros. (Melee)
Free-for-all​
2​
:ultdoc:
Dr. Mario​
Fever (Melee)
3​
:ultrosalina:
Mario Galaxy​
Rosalina in the Observatory / Luma's Theme
4​
:ultyoshi::4wario2:
Rainbow Cruise​
Slide (Melee)
Free-for-all​
5​
:ultbowserjr:
:delfino:
Delifno Plaza
6​
:ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig:
Mushroom Kingdom U (Slide Lift Tower)​
Fortress Boss - Super Mario Bros. 3
Horde battle​
Bonus​
Final​
:ultbowser:, then Giga Bowser
Bowser's Castle Ω​
Giga Bowser - Super Mario Bros. 3
The song that plays never changes even when you fight Giga Bowser​
1​
:ultdiddy:
Kongo Falls​
DK Rap
Every round after this has Diddy as DK's ally​
2​
:ultkrool:
Gangplank Galleon​
King K. Rool / Ship Deck 2
3​
:ultwolf::ultwario:
Pilotwings​
The Map Page / Bonus Level
4​
:ultness::ultlucas:
:npc:
You Call This a Utopia?!
5​
:ultbrawler: x6 (Builder Maio outfit)​
:75M: (Battlefield)​
Donkey Kong / Donkey Kong Jr. Medley
Horde battle​
6​
:ultmario::ultluigi:
New Donk City Hall​
New Donk City
Bonus​
Final​
Master Hand.png Crazy Hand.png
New Donk City Hall Ω​
Master Hand / Crazy Hand
1​
:ultdarkpit:
Great Bay​
Overworld - The Legend of Zelda (Melee)
2​
:ultridley:
Bowser's Castle​
Death Mountain
3​
:ultbayonetta:
Hyrule Castle 64​
Dark World (Brawl)
4​
:ultdarksamus:
Great Plateau Tower​
Battle (Strong Enemy)
5​
Shadow​
Mystery Dungeon​
Dark World (for 3DS / Wii U)
6​
:ultlink: x3 (Dark Link)​
Temple​
Great Temple / Temple
Bonus​
Final​
:ultganondorf:
Sacred Land​
Ganondorf Battle - Ocarina of Time, then Calamity Ganon Battle - Second Form
Team battle w/:ultzelda:
1​
:ultwolf:
Brinstar​
Brinstar (Melee)
2​
Giant :ultkrool:
Brinstar Depths Ω​
Brinstar Depths
3​
:ultridley:
:norfair:
Vs. Ridley (Brawl)
4​
:frigate:
Vs. Dark Samus - Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
5​
:ultmewtwo:
:norfair: Ω​
Psycho Bits
6​
GIant :ultridley: (Color 8)​
Brinstar Ω​
Escape
Bonus​
Final​
Rathalos
Forest Hill​
Roar / Rathalos
1​
:ultivysaur:
:distantplanet:
World Map - Pikmin 2
2​
Giant :ultridley:
Great Bay​
Saria's Song / Middle Boss Battle
3​
:ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig:
Yoshi's Island (Melee)​
Flower Field
Horde battle​
4​
Jungle Japes​
Wildlands
5​
:ultcharizard:
Garden of Hope​
Bandit Valley
6​
Giant :ultbowser:
Bowser's Castle​
Melty Monster
Bonus​
Final​
Rathalos
Forest Hill​
Roar / Rathalos
Round​
Opponent​
Stage​
Music​
Notes​
1​
:ultpacman:
PAC-Maze​
PAC-MAN
Every round has the fighters starting at 35%, and the only itemsa are food or related items.​
2​
:ultyoshi:
Super Happy Tree​
Yoshi's Story (64)
3​
:ultdk:
Jungle Hijinx​
Mangrove Cove
4​
:ultwario:
Gamer​
WarioWare, Inc. Medley
5​
Gangplank Galleon​
Snakey Chantey
6​
:ultkingdedede:
Fountain of Dreams​
Gourmet Race (Melee)
Bonus​
Final​
Marx
Mysterious Dimension​
Vs. Marx
1​
:ultsamus:
Brinstar​
Title Theme - Metroid
Gravity is reduced for every round​
2​
:ultrosalina:
Mario Galaxy​
Egg Planet
3​
:ultkirby:
Fountain of Dreams​
A Battle of Friends and Bonds 2
4​
:frigate:
Vs. Parasite Queen
Team battle w/:ultzss:
5​
:ultolimar:
:distantplanet:
Stage Select - Pikmin 2
6​
Venom Ω​
Star Wolf
Team battle w/:ultfalco:
Bonus​
Final​
Marx
Mysterious Dimension​
Vs. Marx
Team battle w/:ultfalco:
1​
:ultpokemontrainer:
Saffron City​
Main Theme - Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue (64)
2​
:ultjigglypuff:x6​
Pokémon Center​
Pokémon Center
3​
:ultpichu:x2​
Prism Tower​
Pokémon Gold & Silver Medley
4​
:ultlucario:
:spearpillar:
Battle! (Dialga / Palkia) / Spear Pillar
5​
:ultgreninja::ultincineroar:
Pokémon Stadium 2​
Battle! Island Kahuna
6​
Mimikyu​
Mystery Dungeon​
Boss Battle - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
Bonus​
Final​
:fdb:
Pokémon Red & Blue Medley
1​
Mimikyu​
Gamer​
Main Theme - Luigi's Mansion (Brawl)
2​
Giant :ultridley:
Brinstar​
Sector 1
3​
:ultbayonetta: and Jeanne​
Umbra Clock Tower​
One of a Kind
4​
Dracula's Castle​
Lost Painting
5​
Aether Paradise​
Multiplayer - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
6​
Giant Metal :ultmario:
Luigi's Mansion Ω​
Metal Battle
Bonus​
Final​
Dracula
Dracula's Castle​
Nothing to Lose / Black Night
Team battle w/:ultmario:
1​
:ultness:
Magicant​
Magicant (for 3DS / Wii U)
2​
:npc:
Porky's Theme
3​
Giant :ultrob: (Color 8)​
Fourside​
Bein' Friends
4​
Slippy​
Saturn Valley​
Humoresque of a Little Dog
5​
Shadow​
Chozo Ruins​
Unfounded Revenge / Smashing Song of Praise
6​
:ultlucas:
Onett​
Mother 3 Love Theme
Bonus​
Final​
1​
:ultdk:
Jungle Japes​
Battle for Storm Hill
2​
:ultganondorf:
Gerudo Valley​
Gerudo Valley
3​
:ultryu:
Suzaku Castle Ω​
Killing Moon
4​
:ultroy:
Arena Ferox​
Attack - Fire Emblem
5​
:ultlittlemac:
Boxing Ring​
World Circuit
6​
:ultfalcon:
:porttown:
Devil's Call in Your Heart
Bonus​
Final​
:ultbowser:, then Giga Bowser
:fdb:
King Bowser - Super Mario Bros. 3, then Giga Bowser
Round​
Opponent​
Stage​
Music​
Notes​
1​
:ultlink:
Hyrule Castle 64​
Overworld - The Legend of Zelda (64)
2​
:ultyoshi:x6​
Super Hapy Tree​
Yoshi's Story (64)
3​
:ultmario::ultluigi:
Peach's Castle 64​
Ground Theme - Super Mario Bros. (64)
Team battle w/:ultpikachu:
4​
:ultsamus::ultkirby::ultfox:
Dream Land 64​
Gourmet Race (64)
Free-for-all​
5​
:ultpikachu:
Saffron City​
Main Theme - Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue (64)
6​
:ultness::ultfalcon::ultjigglypuff:
Meta Crystal​
Meta Crystal
Free-for-all​
Bonus​
Final​
Giant :ultdk:, then Master Hand.png
Kongo Jungle Ω​
Jungle Level (64), then Final Destination (64)

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Alright, since mine is the only Story submission:

Job #25: Free update character #2

This time, we're picking a character from the NES era. The only catch is that it has to be a character owned by Nintendo and it can't be from a franchise already represented. You can, however, submit a character who was originally exlcusive to the Famicom.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Alright, since mine is the only Story submission:

Job #25: Free update character #2

This time, we're picking a character from the NES era. The only catch is that it has to be a character owned by Nintendo and it can't be from a franchise already represented. You can, however, submit a character who was originally exlcusive to the Famicom.
To clarify two things...

1. By represented, do you mean playable representation only?
2. Are assist trophies on the table?

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
1688172728150.png

I wanted to go with an NES era character, and Excitebiker was a big draw to me. It is easily one of the biggest NES games that Nintendo has not touched yet when it comes to Smash. It also is not like they are shy from highlighting it, it got a Mario Kart 8 track for instance and had a 3D classics.

Part of why I would love to see Excitebiker as a fighter is how weird he would be. This would effectively be a mounted fighter with him on his stunt bike the entire time. I would like at least one of the freebie characters to be a weird pick, and I think Excitebiker fits the bill really well. The idea of some guy on a dirtbike fighting against Ganondorf sounds just stupid and I love it.

Moveset

Jab: Excitebiker revs his engine, causing the front wheel to spin fast in front of him. Similar to Zelda's jab, can be held and then let go to deal damage as a multi hitting move.
Forward Tilt: Excitebiker swivels the bike around the front wheel, hitting in front of him.
Up Tilt: Excitebiker waves a checkered flag above his head.
Down Tilt: Excitebiker causes his front wheel to swivel, sending a bit of dirt forward
Forward Smash: Excitebiker does a wheely and slams the front wheel down in front of him.
Up Smash: Excitebiker does a flip with his bike.
Down Smash: Excitebiker slides on his bike low to the ground.
Dash attack: Excitebiker revs his engine and bursts forward a short bit before breaking.
Nair: Excitebiker does a split in the air, kicking to his sides.
Fair: Excitebiker swivels his bike behind him,
Up air: Excitebiker does a trick, kicking upwards
Back air: Excitebiker does a wheelie and slams his front wheel down, spiking opponents
Down air: The wheels on Excitebiker's bike spin, similar to Yoshi's Flutter Kick.

Neutral Special: Boost
The Excitebiker surrounds himself in a speedy aura and boost forward, dealing slight damage and letting him pass through opponents. This is mainly used to drift though opponents for chip damage as you do other attacks and boost your movement speed slightly. Hitting an opponent while in Boost lets you keep a 1.1x movement multiplier. Chaining boosts with your attacks will let you keep the momentum boost further, though you will not have the immediate hitbox you have when you entered a boosted state.

Side Special: Wheelie
Excitebiker does a wheelie forward. This is more of a burst option that can give some mild horizontal recovery. Its a pretty no frills burst option but it isn't great at dealing damage or KOing opponents.

Up Special: Ramp
Excitebiker summons a ramp in front of him to ride off of, soaring high. If you hit the ground and up B again, you can get extend your boost even more!

Down Special: Mud Puddle
Excitebiker leaves a small mud puddle on the ground, slowing opponents in it and dealing slight damage.

Final Smash: Excite Truck

The Excitebiker summons the massive Excite Truck from...Excite Truck, charging forward and dealing massive damage.

Taunts
Up: Excitebiker rings a bell on his bike
Side: Excitebiker does a small donut
Down: Excitebiker stands up on his bike and flashes a peace sign.

Victory Poses
1: Excitebiker is on a podium jumping up and down.
2. Excitebiker does a couple of donuts before turning to the screen and flashing a Peace Sign
3. Excitebiker drives in doing a wheelie before the screen zooms in on him, with him flashing a peace sign.

Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Submitting Takamaru from The Mysterious Murasame Castle

The only character left from the Famicom Four, Takamaru would bring a katana to the roster, which we haven't seen before in a fighter. He's perfect for a free slot because he is obscure and Japan exclusive. He's also made appearances in other Nintendo games.

Here's a newcomer speculation about his game, why he should be in Ultimate, and his move set:
Takamaru for Smash

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Please vote for one, just not your own. I'm going with Excitebiker purely because of how stupid fun it sounds.

Job #26: Criteria for Challenger Pack #2

Henceforth, we're submitting character criteria before the actual character as far as Challenger Packs are concerned. Challenger Pack #2 in canon was Hero, obviously, so we're going to submit criteria that matches the Hero. My criteria is "Square Enix character".

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Sora from Kingdom Hearts

Kingdom Hearts is well known and popular, and plays like the Hero.

Top Bottom