• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Video Game Brawl of Fame! A platform fighter with no Nintendo! (INDIEPALOOZA))

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright, let's look at these votes!

Adventure Stage Music Votes:

MartianSnake MartianSnake 's List: 1 vote.
FazDude FazDude 's List: 3 votes.

Congrats to FazDude FazDude , let's combine this list with the extra tracks voted in!
This gives Adventure a grand total of 11 tracks!

Sports/Racing Item Vote:

Basketball: 3 Y, 1 N.
FIFA Ball: 4 Y, 0 N.
Brio's Beaker: 4 Y, 0 N.

Alright, looks like all these items are being added! Congrats to all the submitters and thanks to all the voters!

Job #55: Submit a set of "Misc. Info" for one of the fighters!
We've got three submissions for this job, so let's take a look!

Pac-Man misc info:
  • Entrance Animation: Same as SSBU
  • Taunt 1: Pac man eats a bonus fruit
  • Taunt 2: One of the four ghosts spins around him
  • Taunt 3: Namco Roulette similar to SSB
  • Victory Animation: Runs across the screen in his ball mode before turning into his regular form
  • Losing Animation: Does his death animation from the original Pac-Man game
  • Victory Theme: A more upbeat version of the Level Begin! music from the original Pac Man
Crash Animations
  • Entrance Animation: Crash jumps through a Warp Room entrance, landing with a spin and a thumbs-up before entering his battle stance.
  • Taunt 1: Crash does the Crash Dance.
  • Taunt 2: Crash spins around before posing with two peace signs.
  • Taunt 3: Crash plays with his yo-yo.
  • Victory Animation: Crash performs the Crash Dance.
  • Losing Animation: Crash claps for the winner, but will have a box fall onto his head every so often.
  • Victory Theme: A mashup of the Crash 1 theme and the Win Race victory jingle from CTR.
Job 55: Sonic Misc Animations

Entrance Animation: a giant ring appears on the stage,Sonic comes out the ring,landing and doing a pose similar to the pose from Smash games on his entrance animation and the ring disappears

Taunt 1: Sonic spins and do this pose

Taunt 2: Sonic do the Super Peel-Out and says "you're too slow!",same from Smash

Taunt 3: Sonic jumps and do the Sonic Adventure pose

Victory Animation: Sonic runs and stops to running and thumbs up

Losing Animation: Sonic is siited on the ground grumpy,he do a pose similar to continue screen from Sonic 2

Victory Theme: a Rock Remix of Act Passed theme from Sonic 3 with rings from points screen sound
Seems like people stuck to the more platform mascot characters for this job, which I've expected, I just hope people still submit when we rerun this job in the future.

All of these will be added to to list!

Job #56: Submit a Character that originated on a Handheld Device!
Alright, the big one! Lets check these out!

Red ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Aqua ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
Jake ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
Agumon ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )
Phoenix Wright ( darkvortex darkvortex )

Only five submissions, but I really like all of these options!

Vote for your top 3, you know how it goes.

Job #57: Submit a Mode that incorporates the Collectible Tokens in any way you see fit!

Job #58: Submit an Assist from a series already represented in Brawl of Fame!

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
1. Agumon
2. Red
3. Phoenix

Super_Blanka.png

Blanka (Street Fighter)
When summoned in item form, Blanka will roll onto the stage and perform his iconic electric attack. He 'll shock anyone who gets close. He'll then roll around and do this a couple more times. When summoned in the mode he'll jump into the stage, roll up and then shock anyone who gets close to him, creating a sort of force field

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
  1. Red
  2. Phoenix
  3. Agumon

Assist: Knuckles the Echidna (Sonic the Hedgehog)

Video Game Brawl of Fame & Knuckles.

When used as an item, he behaves like his Smash Assist Trophy. As a Built-In Assist, though, he will instead do one of two things:
  • On the ground, he rockets forward while spinning, resembling a horizontal version of the Drill Claw from SA2. This move is a multi-hitter.
  • If you're in the air, Knuckles glides forward as you begin riding him. You can jump off at any time before he despawns, making Knuckles a solid assist for recovery. However, this version only deals a single hit of damage.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 58: Karl Heisenberg (Resident Evil)

HeisenbergFull.png

Karl Heisenberg is the main villain from Resident Evil 8: Village.

Item Mode: Heisenberg is summoning and throwing metal objects on the opponents

Built-In Mode: walks then he hits the opponent with his giant hammer

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Job 58: Karl Heisenberg (Resident Evil)

View attachment 378714

Karl Heisenberg is the main villain from Resident Evil 8: Village.

Heisenberg as an assist is he summoning and throwing metal objects on the opponents and walks then he hits the opponent with his giant hammer.
Do you think you can make it so he's got seperate Functions for Item Mode and Built-In Mode?

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright so, we're at 10 pages. So I thought I'd celebrate this milestone by counting up all the Series repped in Brawl of Fame so far.

I've been reading through the battle of ages thread recently, the thread runner there did this a couple times, I also want to do this:

Series mainly represented by playable fighters: PAC-MAN, Sonic the Hedgehog, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Space Invaders, Centipede, Dragon Quest, Street Fighter, Crash Bandicoot, Halo.

Series mainly represented by stages: Asteroids, Missile Command, Adventure, Minesweeper, Daytona USA.

Series mainly represented by Assists: Minecraft, Pong.

Series mainly represented by Items: Galaga, Mattel, Final Fantasy, Ape Escape, Contra, DOOM, FIFA, NBA Jam.

Series mainly represented by Bosses: Soul Calibur

Series mainly represented by Music: Capcom vs, Defender, Bubble Bobble, Arkanoids, Elevator Action, Atari Karts, Yars Revenge, Breakout, Atari 2600.

Series represented by other stuff via technicality: Dig Dug, Flicky, Crystal Castles.

Gaming collections represented in some fashion: Namco Museum, Atari 50.

This gives us a grand total of... 38 series! 40 if you count the gaming collections as series.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Handheld fighter vote:
1. Jake
2. Agumon
3. Phoenix

Assist submission:
Assist Submission:

Big the Cat (Sonic the Hedgehog series):
This character has been on a long and twisted road to get where he is today, Big was once a character hated by fans so much that SEGA supposedly wanted to retire the character at some point in the late 2000s, but now he's a beloved part of the series, notable for appearing in the more stripped down casts of Sonic Prime & Sonic Frontiers

Both of his modes use his fishing skills in different ways.

Built-In Mode: Big is summon right behind the summoner and swings his fishing line over to a distant opponent, reeling them in front of the summoner with a short stun applied so the summoner can deal damage.

Item Mode: Big sits down right where he was summoned on the stage and fishes into a small puddle that was brought with him, after a while he'll reel in a bunch of fish which players can eat to heal with. A Chopper will jump out of the puddle occasionally to discorage other players from getting too close. It won't damage the summoner.
resubmitting Big the Cat.

Token Mode Submission!
Token Pinball!
Here's a fun one, pinball has always been a close friend to video games, so let's tribute that friendship with this fun mode.

Like in that other platform fighter, you can get overstock on tokens, this is your chance to get rid of that tower of Spike Trap or Flicky Tokens you've earned throughout play.

Insert a token into the pinball machine to use it as the ball! Get high scores and bonuses to collect even more tokens, among other prizes.

It'd even have multiple boards! each themed to a genre or era of gaming as opposed to a single series.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright let's count the votes!

Handheld fighter vote:

Aqua: 2 points
Jake: 4 points
Phoenix: 5 points
Red: 12 points
Agumon: 13 points

Agumon
from Digimon is joining Brawl of Fame! This adorable dino represents quite a few avenues of gaming, so I'm really glad he's made the cut!

Job #57: Submit a Mode that incorporates the Collectible Tokens in any way you see fit!
Token Pinball!
Here's a fun one, pinball has always been a close friend to video games, so let's tribute that friendship with this fun mode.

Like in that other platform fighter, you can get overstock on tokens, this is your chance to get rid of that tower of Spike Trap or Flicky Tokens you've earned throughout play.

Insert a token into the pinball machine to use it as the ball! Get high scores and bonuses to collect even more tokens, among other prizes.

It'd even have multiple boards! each themed to a genre or era of gaming as opposed to a single series.
I was the only person to submit anything for this job, so it looks like Pinball wins by default!

Job #58: Submit an Assist from a series already represented in Brawl of Fame!
This job got a few more votes, so lets look at 'em!

Blanka ( darkvortex darkvortex )

Knuckles ( FazDude FazDude )
Karl Heisenberg ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Dingodile ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Ghosts ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Big ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )

Vote for your top three, the two with the most votes will be added!

Job #59: Submit a Digimon Stage!

Job #60: Submit 1 to 5 Collectible Tokens for the Resident Evil series!

Be sure to include the "bronze/silver/gold" rarities, descriptions are optional but very appreciated, all tokens will be added unless any rules are deemed broken.

Also! Moveset submissions for Agumon are open!

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
  1. Knuckles
  2. Blanka
  3. Ghosts
maxresdefault (5).jpg

File City
Sort of based on the stage from Smash Crusade. Players fight on top of the buildings. various Digimon cameo.

Resi
Claire Redfield - Silver
Rebecca Chambers - Silver
Barry Burton - Bronze
Alcina Dimitrescu - Gold
Albert Wesker - Gold

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
1. Blanka
2. Dingodile
3. Karl Heisenberg

Digimon Stage:
2837051-6756870602-Digim.jpg

Kowloon (Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth)
A long flat stage with four platforms. two floating, one that's based on a slide, and one that's based on the stack of blocks you can see in the image.

Represents the slightly darker aesthetic Digimon goes for sometimes, while not being two bad. You can see a few Digimon running around in the background.

Resident Evil tokens:

Ashley - Bronze
Mr. X - Bronze
Ada Wong - Silver
Karl Heisenberg - Silver
Tofu Survivor -Gold

Yes, I am adding the tofu.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright! Vote counting time!

Assist Vote:

Big: 0 points
Karl Heisenberg: 2 points
Ghosts: 4 points
Dingodile: 8 points
Blanka: 11 points
Knuckles: 11 points

Tying for first place are Blanka & Knuckles! Now, I did say the two with the most votes would be added, so it looks like we're adding both of these! Congrats to darkvortex darkvortex and FazDude FazDude !

Job #59: Submit a Digimon Stage!

Sanctuary in the Sky ( FazDude FazDude )
File City ( darkvortex darkvortex )
Kowloon ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )

we'll be voting on this on StrawPoll: CLICK HERE! PLEASE VOTE HERE.

Job #60: Submit 1 to 5 Collectible Tokens for the Resident Evil series!

Leon Kennedy-silver
Chris Redfield-silver
Licker-bronze
Willian Birkin-gold
Nemesis-gold
Claire Redfield - Silver
Rebecca Chambers - Silver
Barry Burton - Bronze
Alcina Dimitrescu - Gold
Albert Wesker - Gold
Ashley - Bronze
Mr. X - Bronze
Ada Wong - Silver
Karl Heisenberg - Silver
Tofu Survivor - Gold
Thank you to all who've submitted for this job! That's 15 RE Tokens!

Taking it slow here with a single new job.

Job #61: Submit a Music List for Aliahan! (Dragon Quest)

As always, please don't go under 4 or above 8 tracks.

AS A REMINDER, Moveset Submissions for Agumon are still open!

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Aliahan Music List:
Ok, this was really hard, Dragon Quest has too much good music, as a note, I'm taking most of these from the symphonic orchestras.

Adventure / Battle Theme - Dragon Quest III (New Remix)
Adventure - Dragon Quest III
Battle for Glory - Dragon Quest IV
Magic Carpet ~ The Ocean - Dragon Quest V
Fighting Spirit ~ World of the Strong - Dragon Quest VII
War Cry ~ Defeat the Enemy - Dragon Quest VIII
Clashing Edges - Dragon Quest X
Bustling Town - Dragon Quest XI

magic carpet/the ocean might be too calming for a fighting game but I just love it so so so much I need it in here.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
So...

Let's have another discussion:

What types of jobs do you wanna see in the future?
What kinds of jobs do you prefer to participate in?
Any ideas for how to improve the thread?

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Honestly I think we've got a good structure going on but I feel like some more misc jobs like extras and modes could be cool. More character jobs are always good too. I don't have many ideas on how to improve, though one thing is I think is to always make sure a job that might not get as many submissions (music, costumes, moveset stuff) runs alongside bigger jobs like stages, modes and characters

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
File City: 0 votes
Kowloon: 1 vote
Sanctuary in the Sky: 2 votes

Sanctuary in the Sky has won the stage vote! I'm pretty happy with this, the novelty of bringing back an obscure platform fighter stage in HD is too hard to pass on.
================
Now, Submissions!

Job #61: Submit a Music List for Aliahan! (Dragon Quest)
I was the only one to submit a music list, so it looks like we're going with mine!

================
New Jobs!

Job #62: Submit a Secondary Collectible!

I feel like we need something to compliment Tokens, but this isn't 100% required. Simply make your submission "no" If you feel like one Collectible is enough.

Job #63: Submit PC representation for the roster!

If you can play it on computer it's valid. Must be a character heavily associated with the console, even if they technically didn't debut on it.

As a reminder, AGUMON MOVESET SUBMISSIONS ARE STILL OPEN.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 62: no

Job 63: Gordon Freeman (Half-Life)

Halflife2gfrender.png

Gordon Freeman is the protagonist from the PC game series Half-Life,he is a scientist who was graduated from MIT with a PhD Theorical Physics.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
62: artwork. peices of artwork taken from the games and series featured, depicting memorable moments

H.W.G.png

Heavy Weapons Guy
TF2 is a really popular game and I think we could use some more heavies for our roster. It played a big role in meme culture. He'd use his fists and guns and the other chcharacters would come out to help

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Job 62: I really like darkvortex's idea, but I also wanna throw Statues into the mix, unlocked by clearing single player modes with fighters.

Job 63: Steve (Minecraft)

I mean... it's Minecraft. It's the best-selling video game period, with PC sales being a huge factor in that. The game has become a staple of pop culture, and is more than deserving of more Brawl of Fame representation.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
New collectable - Token Binders, like the idea of having something to compliment Tokens. Not sure the best way to handle it but i guess we could have various themed Token Binders to organize our Tokens with & create screenshots around different themes.

PC Gaming Rep - Servo (The Sims)

Huge, iconic, influential series. Wasnt sure how we would narrow down the design of a sim fighter without making a full out customizer which is probably too much so went these recurring robots who could utilize both sim & robot like things in a moveset.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Resubmitting Chell!

Chell from the Portal series, her portal gun could lead to some weird moves, and I can see her pulling in turrets, cubes, and gels for other attacks. Portal is a great series and she'd be a great Valve/Steam rep.

carlinecouz

Smash Rookie
That's a fascinating concept! Creating a platform fighter with iconic, non-Nintendo game series is a bold move, and the idea of using recurring robots with diverse movesets sounds intriguing. It's always cool to see how the gaming community comes up with unique ideas and creative projects.

Speaking of creativity and innovation, have you heard about CS2? It's creating quite a stir in the gaming world, and it's set to bring a fresh wave of excitement to the Counter-Strike universe. The gaming landscape is ever-evolving, and it's exciting to see what the future holds for beloved franchises like Counter-Strike.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright! Let's get to these submissions! Apologies for lateness!

Job #62: Submit a Secondary Collectible!

No Secondary Collectible ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP & DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Artwork ( darkvortex darkvortex )
Statues ( FazDude FazDude )
Token Binders ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Video Clips ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )

vote for your top three! Only first place will be added.

Job #63: Submit PC representation for the roster!

Commander Keen ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
Gordon Freeman ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
The Heavy ( darkvortex darkvortex )
Steve ( FazDude FazDude )
Servo ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
DoomSlayer ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Chell ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )

A lot of fun submissions here! Vote for your top three! Only the one with the most votes will be added!

============
New jobs!

Job #64: Submit an Item or Assist from a Horror Game!

spooky season is here! Let's celebrate with this job! Horror is a very important genre in gaming, but so far all our rep for it seems to be from Resident Evil alone. Let's fix that!

Job #65: Submit a Music List for Macho Ring!

as always, you cannot submit less than 4 or more than 8. Due to the heavy connection between Street Fighter and Final Fight, Final Fight music is allowed to be included.

ALSO MOVESET SUBMISSIONSFOR AGUMON ARE STILL OPEN THANKS BYE

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
My votes:

Secondary Collectible:
1. Artwork
2. Token Binders
3. Video Clips

Also, regarding Statues, while a good idea they'd be a bit repetitive with Tokens, as both sorta fill the exact same role. But that's just my opinion

PC Rep:
1. Steve (he's inevitable. Minecraft already has some boss and assist rep. And minecraft is huge and deserves a slot. It's not a matter of if, it's when.)
2. The Heavy (He's a valve rep. He's a heavyweight which is needed. And he's fun.)
3. DoomSlayer (DOOM is a big franchise that definitely should be in this game, it's DOOM.)

will post submissions for new jobs later

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Collectible Votes
  1. Artwork
  2. Statues
  3. Token Binders
Fighter Votes
  1. Heavy
  2. Steve
  3. Slayer
Horror Assist: Freddy Fazbear (Five Nights at Freddy's)

Indie icon and just a day shy of making his film debut, Freddy has become a staple of horror games and more than ready to throw down in Brawl of Fame, even if in an assist form.

Unlike most assists, Freddy would act pretty much identical between Item and Built-In Modes. When summoned, he'll appear idle in the spot he was summoned, appearing to be deactivated. However, when the opponent turns their back to Freddy, he'll fade into a field of static which begins to move towards the opponent (with the Toreador March growing louder as he closes in). If the opponent faces Freddy again, the static will fade as Freddy idles again. This behavior continues until Freddy catches up to the foe or a certain amount of time passes - If the former happens, the opponent will be jumpscared, dealing major damage and knockback before Freddy vanishes. If Freddy takes too long to catch his prey, he powers down and vanishes as the 6 AM chimes are heard.

Top Bottom