• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Video Game Brawl of Fame! A platform fighter with no Nintendo! (INDIEPALOOZA))

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
  1. Uka Uka(Cash Banooca bias)
  2. Perfect Chaos(prefer this Sonic boss over Eggman because he could be a fighter later on if we're doing multiple fighters per series)
  3. Queen Centipede

FazDude

Smash Master
Boss Votes
  1. Eggman
  2. Nemesis
  3. Queen Centipede
Racing Representation: Three-Seven Speedway (Daytona USA)

Rendered in the same graphical style as the original (even the Sonic carving is left intact!), this stage takes place on a scenic drive through the course. Think of it as an analouge to the Mute City SNES stage.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Boss vote:
1. Eggman
2. Uka Uka
3. Nemesis

Sports/racing rep:

Ninja Golfer (Ninja Golf)
Assist

A bizarre assist from a bizarre game.

As a built-in assist he'll swing a golf club in front of the summoner, launching opponents away if they're in range.

As an item assist, he'll simply roam around throwing ninja stars and bashing people with his golf club like a sword.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Paradise City (Burnout)

Stage based on open world from Burnout Paradise. Traveling stage like Delfino with drop off points near your 1st garage, Paradise Keys Bridge, Wildcats Baseball Stadium, & a gas station on the west part of the city.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Nemesis
2. Perfect Chaos
3. Uka Uka

Assist: Rocket League

Built in: rams the opponent
Item: knocks a ball around the stage

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job #049:
  1. Nemesis
  2. Dr. Eggman
  3. Queen Centipede
Job #052:
Stage Name: Jammer Court
Stage Origin: Windjammers (Data East, 1994)

Though a bit of a deep cut, I think this'd be a fun one. Windjammers is unique in that it works a little like a combination between Pong and Frizbee - you play as different characters with unique abilities, and need to get your disc to the other side of the court. That said, this game's also had a sequel in 2022, Windjammers 2 - so it's not exactly a completely dead series.

As for the stage itself, it'd take place on a beach, with the court right in the middle of play. As such, you'd be able to interact with the net in the middle, as well as the outside barriers. The background is decorated with a beautiful tropical scene overlooking the ocean, with plenty of observers (including the playable characters from the series!) and some palm trees, as well as a couple of background cameos from other Data East characters like Karnov and Chelnov.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Job #049:
  1. Nemesis
  2. Dr. Eggman
  3. Queen Centipede
Job #052:
Stage Name: Jammer Court
Stage Origin: Windjammers (Data East, 1994)

Though a bit of a deep cut, I think this'd be a fun one. Windjammers is unique in that it works a little like a combination between Pong and Frizbee - you play as different characters with unique abilities, and need to get your disc to the other side of the court. That said, this game's also had a sequel in 2022, Windjammers 2 - so it's not exactly a completely dead series.

As for the stage itself, it'd take place on a beach, with the court right in the middle of play. As such, you'd be able to interact with the net in the middle, as well as the outside barriers. The background is decorated with a beautiful tropical scene overlooking the ocean, with plenty of observers (including the playable characters from the series!) and some palm trees, as well as a couple of background cameos from other Data East characters like Karnov and Chelnov.
Only cameos from the ones owned by Paon DP?

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Only cameos from the ones owned by Paon DP?
I mean, if you wanted? I was just thinking you could toss a few in there from different rights holders, given this game's probably going to have a ton of rights holders involved anyway, so you wouldn't really be limited to like, specifically Paon or ArcSys or whatever

darkvortex

Smash Lord
1. Eggman
2. Nemesis
3. Uka Uka

and
  1. Default
  2. Red
  3. Blue
  4. Yellow
  5. Orange
  6. Grey \ Brown (based on Noble Six)
  7. Light Blue (Based on Catherine-B320)
  8. Pink
  9. White \ Sillver (Based on the Arbiter \ Locke)
  10. Black (Based on the ODST's)

tecmo-bowl-bo-jackson.jpg

Tecmo Bowl Players (assist)
When summoned they work similar to the Tanks or Exictebike assists from smash, a horde of retro sprite football players will run through the stage, tackling anyone who gets in their way.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
I will submit again,but it's not a playable character

Job 52: Pablo Sanchez (Backyard Sports)

images (3).jpeg

Pablo Sanchez is a recourring character from a game from Backyard Sports called Backyard Baseball.

Pablo is an assist,he as an assist is he throws a baseball ball upwards and hits the ball with a baseball bat,the hits 8 times

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I will submit again,but it's not a playable character

Job 52: Pablo Sanchez (Backyard Sports)

View attachment 378431

Pablo Sanchez is a recourring character from a game from Backyard Sports called Backyard Baseball.

Pablo is an assist,he as an assist is he throws a baseball ball upwards and hits the ball with a baseball bat,the his 8 times
The man, the myth, the legend...

SECRET WEAPON!!!

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Let's dig into the boss vote!

Queen Centipede: 4 points
Perfect Chaos: 4 points
Uka Uka: 7 points
Eggman: 13 points
Nemesis: 14 points

Nemesis has won the boss vote! This big guy will added to the boss roster, congrats to darkvortex darkvortex !

Job #51: Submit a set of 10 alts for Master Chief
and
  1. Default
  2. Red
  3. Blue
  4. Yellow
  5. Orange
  6. Grey \ Brown (based on Noble Six)
  7. Light Blue (Based on Catherine-B320)
  8. Pink
  9. White \ Sillver (Based on the Arbiter \ Locke)
  10. Black (Based on the ODST's)
Thanks to darkvortex darkvortex for submitting this set of alts! I'll add it to the list.

Job #52: Submit Non-Fighter Sports/Racing Game Representation!
We've got of lot of fun submissions for this, so I'm excited to see the results!

The City [Motorstorm] (Stage) ( Mamboo07 Mamboo07 )
Three-Seven Speedway (Stage) ( FazDude FazDude )
Ninja Golfer (Assist) ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )
Paradise City (Stage) ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Rocket League (Assist) ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Jammer Court (Stage) ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
Tecmo Bowl Players (Assist) ( darkvortex darkvortex )
Pablo Sanchez (Assist) ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )

Vote for your top three!

Job #53: Submit a Music List for Adventure!

As usual, you cannot submit less than 4 songs and more than 8 songs. For hopefully obvious reasons, I'm allowing music from any Atari game in the entire history of Atari to be submitted.

Job #54: Submit an Item from a Sports/Racing Game!

Same rules as job #52 apply here. So you can submit a Basketball from NBA Jam, but you can't pick up and throw Mr. Vitale from It's Awesome Baby.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
  1. Three-Seven Speedway
  2. Ninja Golfer
  3. Jammer Court
5a65f7dd00d0ef29038b456e.jpeg

Basketball (NBA Jam)
Works like a basketball, you can pick it up and throw it down so it bounces , but if you throw it hard enough it will have a fire effect that strikes foes hard and fast and can spike. Each character gets a custom dunking animation.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 54: Soccer Ball (Fifa)

61OptBDTzhL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

(Don't ask about why this is the ball from Qatar Fifa 23)

The Soccer Ball (or Football ball) as an item will be similar to Soccer Ball from Smash games

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Vote:
1. Three-Seven Speedway
2. Ninja Golfer
3. Jammer Court

Adventure stage music list submission:

Neo Breakout Level - Atari 50
Neo Breakout VS - Atari 50
The Crack of Doom - Centipede (PS1)
Title Theme - Centipede (Game Boy)
Pong World - Pong: the Next Level
Pongball Wizard - Pong: the Next Level
Mummy Mayhem - Breakout (PS1)
Atari Ambience - Original, also requires some explaining.

Atari Ambience is sorta like Environmental Noises from that other platform fighter, no music plays, and instead you get pure silence with the occasional boops and beeps.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I'm still hoping for more votes and submissions on the most recent jobs, so for today we're gonna be doing something different.

Discussion Point: We've made it to 10 fighters! How do you feel about our current cast? Any hopes or concerns for the future?

FazDude

Smash Master
I think our roster is coming along quite nicely - All I think we're really missing that I think is a "no duh" is a Sony rep, and I can see a few possibilities for that. Would really like a mobile, Flash, and "villain over protag" rep, though.

Anyway, here's the Adventure music I meant to do yesterday; Apologies for the delay.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
My thoughts on the roster match up pretty well with FazDude's. Most concerns I do have will hopefully be swept away with future fighter jobs i have planned. I'm also hopeful we'll get some more weird, unexpected, yet completely justified and awesome picks like Centipede.

So anyways, Item Submission!

Brio's Beaker (Crash Team Racing)
So throughout both of these sports/racing jobs, nobody has submitted any sort of Kart Racer rep. So here's a submission to fix that. This is a bit of an edge case, as this is obviously an item drawn from non-kart racer games put into a kart racer. But I think this is ok, because I'm pulling from how it operates in the kart racers specifically.

This item spawns on stage with a green liquid inside, if you pick up and throw it at an opponent it'll deal some damage and knockback.

If you grab and keep holding on to this item for a while, it'll change into a red liquid. Throw this one at an opponent to summon a storm cloud above them for a short while. This storm cloud will heavily weigh down the fighter to where they can barely jump and move much slower, and it also deals chip damage!

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Only thing i would add to what has already been said is i think a pc gaming/valve rep seems like it should happen too.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright! Let's look at these votes!

Sports/Racing rep:

The City: 0 points
Tecmo Bowl Players: 0 points
Paradise City: 1 point
Pablo Sanchez: 2 points
Jammer Court: 3 points
Rocket League: 4 points
Ninja Golfer: 7 points
Three-Seven Speedway: 15 points

It seems Three-Seven Speedway has won the coveted Sports/Racing rep role, taking up a valuable misc stage slot in the process! Congrats to FazDude FazDude for the great stage! I can't wait to get into the music job for that! Speaking of music jobs...

Job #53: Submit a Music List for Adventure!
Adventure stage music list submission:

Neo Breakout Level - Atari 50
Neo Breakout VS - Atari 50
The Crack of Doom - Centipede (PS1)
Title Theme - Centipede (Game Boy)
Pong World - Pong: the Next Level
Pongball Wizard - Pong: the Next Level
Mummy Mayhem - Breakout (PS1)
Atari Ambience - Original, also requires some explaining.

Atari Ambience is sorta like Environmental Noises from that other platform fighter, no music plays, and instead you get pure silence with the occasional boops and beeps.
MartianSnake MartianSnake 's submission!
FazDude FazDude 's submission!

As usual, vote for your favorite music list, while adding one song from the other on top of that!

Job #54: Submit an Item from a Sports/Racing Game!

Basketball ( darkvortex darkvortex )
FIFA Ball ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )

Brio's Beaker ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )

As usual, use the Y or N voting system for this job. I've also made the executive decision to refer to the soccer/football as the FIFA Ball, as it works as a universal name.

Job #55: Submit a set of "Misc. Info" for one of the fighters!

Let's try this out, if you're confused, misc. info refers to the following:

3 Taunts
Entrance Animation
Victory Animation
Losing Animation
Victory Theme

Do this for any character on the roster you want, a vote will only take place if more than one person submits misc info for the same character.

Job #56: Submit a Character for the Roster that debuted on a Handheld Device!

This job encompasses portable consoles, mobile games, digital pets, and LCD games. Characters that debuted on Nintendo Switch are not allowed to be submitted!

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
My vote will be for FazDude's submission

Basketball: N
FIFA Ball: Y
Brio's Breaker: Y

Job 56: Red (Angry Birds)

Vermelho_240.png

Red is the main character from Angry Birds series, he is a bird who is part of a team of other birds who hates the green pigs and stops them to steal the eggs.

Angry Birds is the most iconic mobile game,the franchise have merchandise,cartoons,movies,spin-offs and etc.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
My vote will be for FazDude's submission

Basketball: N
Brio's Breaker: Y

Job 56: Peashooter (Plants VS Zombies)

View attachment 378584

Peashooter is a character from Plants VS Zombies series, it is a plant who shots peas and one of the plants from Crazy Dave.

Peashooter is the iconic plant from the series,and it moveset is based on Garden Warfare duology and Battle for Neighboorville.
Did plants vs zombies start as an app? I thought it was a pc game?

Edit: yeah, it's a pc game. Peashooter is not eligible for this job.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
I'll resubmit Aqua from Kingdom Hearts because she debuted in Birth by Sleep for the PSP

Pac-Man misc info:
  • Entrance Animation: Same as SSBU
  • Taunt 1: Pac man eats a bonus fruit
  • Taunt 2: One of the four ghosts spins around him
  • Taunt 3: Namco Roulette similar to SSB
  • Victory Animation: Runs across the screen in his ball mode before turning into his regular form
  • Losing Animation: Does his death animation from the original Pac-Man game
  • Victory Theme: A more upbeat version of the Level Begin! music from the original Pac Man

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
I'll vote for MartianSnake's list, with the Atari Karts Intro music from mine.

Crash Animations
  • Entrance Animation: Crash jumps through a Warp Room entrance, landing with a spin and a thumbs-up before entering his battle stance.
  • Taunt 1: Crash does the Crash Dance.
  • Taunt 2: Crash spins around before posing with two peace signs.
  • Taunt 3: Crash plays with his yo-yo.
  • Victory Animation: Crash performs the Crash Dance.
  • Losing Animation: Crash claps for the winner, but will have a box fall onto his head every so often.
  • Victory Theme: A mashup of the Crash 1 theme and the Win Race victory jingle from CTR.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
I'll go with FazDude's submission with Atari Ambience, mostly because I think it'd be pretty neat to have voicelines and attack sfx replaced with bloops! Also, as for the items -
  • NBA Jam Basketball (Y)
  • FIFA Football (Y)
  • Brio's Beaker (Y)
Neat submissions honestly! NBA Jam Basketball especially seems really unique, I like how it has a unique attack!

Job #056:
Character Name: Jake
Character Origin: Subway Surfers (2012, mobile)

The mobile market has been an undeniably massive one, and there's a lot of characters you could go for that would have great potential. That said, whilst there's some beloved and iconic classics like Doodle Jumper, Red, Barry Steakfries, Geometry Dasher... a lot of games in the market struggle to maintain a high level of continuing cultural relevance, which I'd argue Subway Surfers actually does well, especially given its recent resurgence.

On top of this, this game's simpler control scheme lends to Jake's potential really blossoming. Beyond just the use of parkour and a generally evasive, lightweight playstyle, the game's had a ton of items in the over 10 years it's been active that you could include, as well as other elements like spray painting. Plus, there's plenty of costumes you could give him, because we live in a late-stage capitalist hellhole where you're expected to pay real-world money for a digital costume on a virtual character that doesn't really exist

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 55: Sonic Misc Animations

Entrance Animation: a giant ring appears on the stage,Sonic comes out the ring,landing and doing a pose similar to the pose from Smash games on his entrance animation and the ring disappears

Taunt 1: Sonic spins and do this pose

Taunt 2: Sonic do the Super Peel-Out and says "you're too slow!",same from Smash

Taunt 3: Sonic jumps and do the Sonic Adventure pose

Victory Animation: Sonic runs and stops to running and thumbs up

Losing Animation: Sonic is siited on the ground grumpy,he do a pose similar to continue screen from Sonic 2

Victory Theme: a Rock Remix of Act Passed theme from Sonic 3 with rings from points screen sound

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
I'll resubmit Aqua from Kingdom Hearts because she debuted in Birth by Sleep for the PSP

Pac-Man misc info:
  • Taunt 1: Pac man eats a bonus fruit
  • Taunt 2: One of the four ghosts spins around him
  • Taunt 3: Namco Roulette similar to SSB
  • Victory Animation: Runs across the screen in his ball mode before turning into his regular form
  • Losing Animation: Does his death animation from the original Pac-Man game
  • Victory Theme: A more upbeat version of the Level Begin! music from the original Pac Man
It's missing Entrance Animation

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Item Vote:

Basketball: Y
Brio's Beaker: Abstain

Music Vote:
Fazdude, with Neo Breakout Level - Atari 50

Handheld fighter:

Submitting Agumon (Digimon)

A rep for virtual pets, a very small but important slice of gaming culture, and one that needs to be repped one way or another.

While I would also be happy with a tamagochi rep, I'm using my submission on the lovable little dino, Agumon.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Basketball: Abstain
Brio's Beaker: Y

FazDude's submission with Mummy Mayhem, for some Breakout rep

PhoenixWright.png

Phoenix Wright

We do have a lot of capcom content in here already, but I think the lawyer is deserving of a place and would be a fun wacky oddball pick that we could have a lot of fun making a moveset for

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Basketball: Abstain
Brio's Beaker: Y

FazDude's submission with Atari Ambience, mostly because funny

View attachment 378604
Phoenix Wright

We do have a lot of capcom content in here already, but I think the lawyer is deserving of a place and would be a fun wacky oddball pick that we could have a lot of fun making a moveset for
KneeOfJustice99 already chose atari ambience so you should choose a different song

Top Bottom