• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Video Game Brawl of Fame! A platform fighter with no Nintendo! (INDIEPALOOZA))

darkvortex

Smash Lord
SuperSmashBrosUltimate04252020-084208_thumb.jpg

Custom Battles
Inspired by the Smash Brothers mode Custom Smash. This mode allows you to change a number of factors such as movement speed, character size , items, and way more in order to create a fun wacky match. We could do even more with this than Smash does.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
We're back to tallying votes! Let's look at them!

Job 20 Results!

Breakout: 1 vote
Enchanted Forest: 1 vote
Adventure: 2 votes

Adventure will be added as Centipede's home stage! Congratulations to FazDude FazDude for the great idea!

Job 21 Results!

Boss Galaga: 6 Y, 0 N.
Phoenix Down: 5 Y, 1 N.
Time Net: 5 Y, 1 N.
Chrome Power Pellet: 3 Y, 2 N.

It looks like all of these items will be joining the item list! Special note goes to Boss Galaga for being unanimously Y! I'm guessing being an item in that other platform fighter helped out!

Space Invaders Moveset vote:

DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 's submission: 1 vote
@KneeOfJustice99's submission: 6 votes!

KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 's moveset is the one we're going with! Congrats!
_______
Now, the submissions!

Job 22: Submit a Mode!

Legacy Mode ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )
Sound Test ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
Custom Battles ( darkvortex darkvortex )

As only three submissions were made, To StrawPoll we go! Click here!

Job 23: Submit a Music List for Green Hill!

Sonic music list submission!

Green Hill (Classic) - Sonic Generations
Green Hill Zone, Act 2 - Sonic Mania
South Island (Lovers) - Sonic the Fighters
Emerald Beach - Sonic Battle (New Remix)
Rooftop Run (Day) - Sonic Unleashed
Ocean View - Team Sonic Racing (Remix of You Can Do Anything - Sonic CD)
Open your Heart - Sonic Adventure
Escape from the City - Sonic Adventure 2

hoo boy this was a very tough selection to make, at the end, I've decided to feature a mix of fan-favorites and personal favorites. I've got two versions of the Green Hill theme since the stage is Green Hill, two songs from the sonic fighting games since that felt appropriate, and 2 lyrical songs since those are often the most iconic. There was definitely a temptation to add more lyrical songs, but I felt like only having a few popular ones was best.

Edit: accidentally added 10 songs, removed the hard boiled heavies theme and super sonic racing in the hardest decision of my life.
Green Hill Music
Decided to focus primarily on Classic era music since I think we'd really benefit from having both a classic and modern stage when it comes to Sonic.
Job #23:
The difficulty with picking music to represent a wide-lens view of the entire Sonic series is that it runs the risk of favouring representation in one place or another, but at the same time, you want the stage to have a very specific sort of vibe. With that, my musical selection was difficult, but I think it's a decent mix of music from throughout the series that'd fit well in a game like this.
It's an eclectic mix, but I think it does an okay job at feeling like it covers a decent variety, coupled with a mix between some fan-favourites, obvious pulls, and some less obvious but still fun inclusions. In terms of some of the notable omissions - S3&K is represented through Angel Island Zone's Mania remix as well as Sanctuary Falls, and I felt the Adventure series would work better in a future stage that might be more modern-centred. I just wanted to ensure we didn't have a tracklist completely full of the "the first level in a sonic game" tracks, hence why picks like Back In Time and Frog Forest were picked, giving decent variety whilst keeping to a general kind of vibe.
MartianSnake MartianSnake 's submission
FazDude FazDude 's submission
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 's submission

Like the last music vote, pick one music list submission then pick two more songs from the other lists to add on top of that!
_________
New Jobs!

Job 24: Submit a set of alts for Space Invaders!

Job 25: Submit an RPG Character for the roster!

To celebrate 25 jobs we're adding another character, we may not have access to a certain yellow rat, but that only scratches the surface of RPG characters out there!

Get to submitting!

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 25: Demi-Fiend (Shin Megami Tensei)

Demi-Fiend_SMTV.png

Demi-Fiend is the silent protagonist from Shin Megami Tensei 3,he is one of the students of Ms. Takao who survived on conception and reborn as a demon.

I wanted to submit Cloud,but i was ninja'd

My vote will be for MartianSnake

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Music
Going with MartianSnake's list, with the addition of Live and Learn from my list and Angel Island from Knee's.

RPG Fighter: Erdrick/Hero (Dragon Quest)

Erdrick would be the default fighter, but like That Other Game:tm:, I could see other heroes from throughout the franchise working as alts.

Space Invader Alts
  1. Default (All invaders are white)
  2. Green Invaders
  3. Lime/Blue/Pink Invaders
  4. Red/White/Blue Invaders
  5. Black/Red/Orange Invaders
  6. Black Invaders
  7. Gold/Silver/Bronze Invaders
  8. Red/Orange/Yellow Invaders
  9. Green/Blue/Purple Invaders (small nod to Bubble Bobble)
  10. Yellow Invaders (small nod to the New Zealand Story)

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Job #23:
I'm gonna go with FazDude's submission, but coupled with Rooftop Run - Sonic Unleashed and Open Your Heart - Sonic Adventure, both of which are pretty iconic pieces of Sonic's history that feel like they'd fit with the general vibe that Green Hill Zone is going for.

Job #24:
I'm intending for the Space Invaders' visual style to match that of the original game, and for this reason, they're monochrome in colour - not featuring any more than one colour each, and all being the same colour so as to lend to the idea of a unified "swarm". That being said, they'd still have plenty of potential from throughout their series.
  1. White. Their default appearance, plus their most common look overall.
  2. Green. In reference to the lower segments of gameplay in the original arcade game.
  3. Red. In reference to the appearance of the UFO in the original arcade game.
  4. Cyan. In reference to one of the alien colours from Space Invaders: Part II.
  5. Magenta. In reference to another alien colour from Space Invaders: Part II.
  6. Yellow. Again, a reference to one of the alien colours from Space Invaders: Part II.
  7. Lavender. A reference to an alien colour from the Intellivision port of Space Invaders.
  8. Orange. Another Intellivision-exclusive colouration.
  9. Blue. A colouration from the Commodore VIC-20 port of Space Invaders.
  10. Black. A reference to the WonderSwan port of Space Invaders.
Job #25:
Character Name: Warriors of Light
Character Origin: Final Fantasy (1987)

Okay, so your first question is probably "Wait, all four of them?" To that - yes!

A rarely-represented element of RPGs within fighting games is the turn-based gameplay which acts as a fundamental building block to an entire subgenre of RPGs - it's effectively the standard template for what an RPG even is. With that in mind, it only makes sense to try and represent that in a slower-paced game like this compared to, say, that one other crossover platform fighter! It's for this reason I decided it'd be cool to represent an entire party of characters, and where better to pull from than the very first Final Fantasy game?

As for the characters in specific, I've gone with four that I think work as an even spread of characters, each bringing their own unique skills and properties to the table when fighting. Apologies to fans of the Monk and Red Mage, but I felt that Monk wouldn't add something massively unique to the group that Warrior couldn't already reasonably do, and Red Mage is basically just a combination of the Black and White Mages. Also, in terms of design, I'd go with a style more akin to the image I attached - I think going for realism would do them a disservice, and having more deformed proportions allows them to better represent their original spritework!

Anyways - check them out!
  1. Warrior is your defined heavyweight, someone with staying power and decently strong close-up strikes with a longsword - though offset by him also being middling in other stats like speed and the like. He works well as a general-purpose option, though.
  2. Thief is your fast-paced combo fiend, coming with a knife and the fastest ground speed of the four. However, he's also on the lighter side, and suffers as a result of that - easily being knocked away by particularly powerful attacks. Then again, he's not as light as...
  3. Black Mage is your long-range powerhouse, having access to powerful offensive spells and being the most outright powerful of the four, but lacking speed and being the lightest of the bunch as a tradeoff, making him the de-facto glass cannon.
  4. White Mage is a bit of an oddball, being more closely focused on inflicting status effects on the opponents or yourself. She's middle-of-the-road akin to Warrior, but a little weaker in terms of outright damage - being mostly technical in her function.
You would switch between these characters by tapping B, which is an instant change on a rotation, allowing you to immediately switch if needed. That said, if you need a specific member of the group, you can also hold B to bring up a stylised menu over their heads, allowing you to select which member of the party you're playing as. Only one will be on-screen at a time, though the next character in your rotation will be on the background layer behind you, so you can see at a glance who's next up if you just tap B.

So, yeah! Hope you like them!

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Velvet Crowe (Tales of)

Might need to alter design if we are trying to also appeal to good boys & girls. Thought about Yuri or Lloyd but Velvet also seems pretty popular & important to the series. Thought she would be a more surprising pick with some interesting potential for her moveset utilizing her demonic abilities (particularly with her left arm) & her gauntlet blade.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
MartianSnakes's music, adding Sonic Boom and Emerald Hill Zone

Agumon (Digimon)
View attachment 377389
The rival to an yellow zap rat, this dinosaur would use fire and claw attacks, but also with a evolution mechanic.
As much as I love Agumon, he didn't originate from an RPG. I do consider virtual pets to be video games, so maybe in a later job he'll have an in.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Music:
FazDude's submission, with Emerald Beach (New Remix) and Cyberspace 1-2: Flowing.

I'll be skipping the alt submissions as I can't think of anything better than what's already been submitted.

Character submission:

Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy 7)

I feel like something fun can be done with her fighting style mixed with rpg mechanics. It would also rep ff7 in an unexpected way.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
It's time to T-t-t-t-tally the votes!

Job 22: Submit a Mode!

Custom Battles: 0 votes
Sound Test: 2 votes
Legacy Mode: 3 votes

Legacy Mode
is joining our Mode list! Thank you so much for voting on my submission! I'm glad you like it!

Job 23: Submit a Music List for Green Hill!

KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 's submission: 1 vote
FazDude FazDude 's submission: 2 votes
MartianSnake MartianSnake 's submission: 3 votes

It looks like we'll be going with my music list! Plus all of the extra tracks you've selected, let's add those all up.

This gives us a grand total of 14 tracks to play on Green Hill!

Space Invader Alts
  1. Default (All invaders are white)
  2. Green Invaders
  3. Lime/Blue/Pink Invaders
  4. Red/White/Blue Invaders
  5. Black/Red/Orange Invaders
  6. Black Invaders
  7. Gold/Silver/Bronze Invaders
  8. Red/Orange/Yellow Invaders
  9. Green/Blue/Purple Invaders (small nod to Bubble Bobble)
  10. Yellow Invaders (small nod to the New Zealand Story)
Job #24:
I'm intending for the Space Invaders' visual style to match that of the original game, and for this reason, they're monochrome in colour - not featuring any more than one colour each, and all being the same colour so as to lend to the idea of a unified "swarm". That being said, they'd still have plenty of potential from throughout their series.
  1. White. Their default appearance, plus their most common look overall.
  2. Green. In reference to the lower segments of gameplay in the original arcade game.
  3. Red. In reference to the appearance of the UFO in the original arcade game.
  4. Cyan. In reference to one of the alien colours from Space Invaders: Part II.
  5. Magenta. In reference to another alien colour from Space Invaders: Part II.
  6. Yellow. Again, a reference to one of the alien colours from Space Invaders: Part II.
  7. Lavender. A reference to an alien colour from the Intellivision port of Space Invaders.
  8. Orange. Another Intellivision-exclusive colouration.
  9. Blue. A colouration from the Commodore VIC-20 port of Space Invaders.
  10. Black. A reference to the WonderSwan port of Space Invaders.
FazDude FazDude 's submission
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 's submission

Vote for the set you like best!

Job #25: Submit an RPG character for the roster!

Cloud ( HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 )
Demi-Fiend ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Erdrick ( FazDude FazDude )
Warriors of Light ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
Velvet Crowe ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Tifa Lockhart ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )
Aqua ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )

Vote as you would in the other character jobs, only one character will be added to the roster!
________
New jobs!

Job #26: Submit an "Other" stage!

Try to pick a game that you don't think should have a playable character for this.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Voting for knee's alts

1. Erdrick
2. Warriors of Light
3. Aqua

Stage Submission:

Solitaire (Microsoft Casual Games series)

There is not a doubt in my mind that Microsoft's Solitaire is one of the most iconic computer games of all time, and I think it deserves representation in this game.

Stage Layout is simple, it's a boxed-in room with a single flat stage as your fighting ground, a game of Solitaire is playing as you fight at a pretty fast place. When the game is complete, all the cards will bounce around like in the original game, becoming a very chaotic stage hazard.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Job #24: Given I was one of the submitters, I'll vote FazDude's alts.

Job #25:
  1. Erdrick. Dragon Quest III is undoubtedly one of the most important RPGs out there, so this pick makes a lot of sense.
  2. Tifa Lockhart. An iconic character from one of the most beloved RPGs of all time, plus someone with plenty of moveset potential.
  3. Velvet. I think a Tales rep is reasonably justified, and Velvet is a pretty cool choice that'd be reasonably unique.
Shoutout to Demi-Fiend, though - they came pretty close to nabbing the third spot!

Job #26:
Stage Name: Minesweeper
Stage Origin: Minesweeper (1989)

Another iconic game from the annals of PC history, I think Minesweeper has the potential to be a really unique stage with an unusual hazard to it. Effectively, you would fight inside a blocky "cave", with blocks bring broken when hit by attacks or launched players. Some of the blocks would contain mines, which would explode! Not only this, but like in the original game, the numbers indicate the nearby positions of mines - and flags are planted on blocks that are known to have mines inside them - effectively allowing you to play Minesweeper whilst fighting! However, you can't get launched out of the cave, even though it'll grow in size over time.

As much as the Minesweeper Face would be a hilarious inclusion, I think this is a warranted placement.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
"Others" Stage:
Gamindustri (Hyperdimension Neptunia, 2010)
images.jpeg

It's a travelling stage with the Smashville layout, that passes through four nations based in four video game companies: Planeptune (Sega), Leanbox (Xbox), Lowee (Nintendo) and Lastation (PlayStation).
Similar to K.O.F. Stadium, there will be cameos in the background from characters of the franchise and other Idea Factory franchises like Mary Skelter and Fairy Fencer F.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Let's get into vote counting!

FazDude FazDude 's submission: 1 vote
KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 's submission: 6 votes

The people have decided! We'll be going with KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 's alt set, congrats!

Job #25: Submit an RPG character for the roster!

Aqua: 2 points
Tifa: 3 points
Demi-Fiend: 4 points
Velvet Crowe: 7 points
Warriors of Light: 9 points
Cloud: 13 points
Erdrick: 15 points

Hailing from the Dragon Quest series, Erdrick joins the battle! Super excited to have 'em here!
_______
New Submission time!

Job #26: Submit an "Other" stage!

Solitaire ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )
Minesweeper ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
Marble Madness ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
PlayStation 2 ( FazDude FazDude )
Gamindustri ( HyperSomari64 HyperSomari64 )
Tetris ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )

Vote as you would most other things
________
Moveset submissions for Erdrick are now open!
________
New jobs!

Job #27: Submit 1 to 5 Collectible Tokens for the Pac-Man series!

Considering their intrinsic connection to arcades, a coin-like "token" feels like it'd work really well. There's a given number of Tokens to collect, let's say 250, each of varying rarity (indicated by whether they're made of bronze, silver, or gold), and each one has a unique "engraving" of a character, item, object, place, or otherwise. Each one comes with a little in-game collector's card telling you which one it is, plus a little bit of information about it, which could look something like:

Token Name: Boss Galaga
Rarity: Silver
Token Number:
Series: Galaga
Description: The most powerful of the Galaga invaders, bent on conquering the Earth for themselves. All that's stood in the way between it and total world domination is a single ship. Armed with a powerful tractor beam, this extraterrestrial warrior isn't to be trifled with - quick, shoot it down, then shoot it again!
You should include the name and rarity, but description is optional. A vote won't take place to determine which set gets in, they're all getting in!

Job #28: Submit a Dragon Quest Stage!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Other Votes
  1. Minesweeper
  2. Marble Madness
  3. PS2
Pac-Man Tokens
Assuming the Man of Pac is a token himself...
  • Blinky - Bronze
    • The leader of the Ghost Gang, Blinky is the most aggressive of the bunch when it comes to hunting down Pac-Man. While he's teamed up with his yellow foe when a greater threat looms, it's right back to the chase once things are back to normal.
  • Inky - Bronze
    • While he tries to act cool, Inky is a goofy and easily-scared ghost at heart. He's often pressured into chasing Pac-Man by the others, and he's demonstrated quite some sneaky tactics when the need arises.
  • Pinky - Bronze
    • The sole lady of the core Ghost Gang, Pinky is just as mischevious as the rest. She has shown a romantic interest in Pac-Man, but this crush seems to come and go in flux.
  • Clyde - Bronze
    • While he always tags along with his fellow ghosts, Clyde is often times afraid of Pac-Man or otherwise less motivated than the others. Dopey and a little slow, he may not seem like much, but there's a reason why the Ghost Gang keeps him around.
  • Toc-Man - Gold
    • Jealous of Pac-Man's popularity, the ghost Orson created a mechanical mockery of him known as Toc-Man, throwing a party on Ghost Island with Pac-Man's family as unwilling guests of honor! Luckily, Orson's willing to use Toc-Man's great potential for good these days.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Job #26:
  1. Marble Madness. As much as I would love an actual marble to be playable, this stage seems like it'd be awesome!
  2. Solitaire. Pretty fun and honestly solid inclusion that makes a lot of sense considering its objective popularity.
  3. PlayStation 2 Boot Screen. This is such a clever, unique submission. Seems like it'd be a weird but awesome pull!
Job #27:
I think I should preface this by saying that a Player token, ie. PAC-MAN himself, would by default be Platinum and therefore unattainable through normal means. I also really liked the suggestion that I think MartianSnake made about variants/alternate appearances being a unique bonus seperate to this, but that's for another discussion I suppose. Needless to say, PAC-MAN himself (or a variant) aren't included in my suggestions.
  • Fruits - Bronze
    • The ever-hungry PAC-MAN needs something to eat when he spends his days running around and chomping ghosts, and what better to eat than healthy fruits?... and even keys, bells, and aliens? Well, whatever strange things might be fuelling him, it seems to be keeping him active!
  • Miru - Bronze
    • Even though she's a ghost, Miru's been one of PAC-MAN's most helpful allies for a long time now, and means no harm to anyone - one might say she's his pal? She seems to have a penchant for collecting fruits of all kinds, though she doesn't have anywhere near PAC-MAN's appetite.
  • Pooka - Bronze
    • Pookas are very territorial, and respond with very strong attachments to people who they interact with - if a digger were to tunnel through their burrows, they'd respond with a lot of annoyance! Thankfully, it seems that the Pookas are on good terms with PAC-MAN and his family.
  • Pac-Family - Silver
    • PAC-MAN's beloved family, consisting of Pac-Mom, Pac-Boy and Pac-Sis, they've been with him through thick and thin whilst he's done his best to protect them. Sure, sometimes the Ghost Gang will come and ruin a party or two, but PAC-MAN's always there for them!
  • Spooky - Gold
    • A terrifying ghost sealed by the legendary hero Sir Pac-a-Lot in the distant past fter attempting to destroy the Pac-people, Spooky returned after being released by the Ghost Gang. After a hard-fought battle, PAC-MAN managed to bring his evil to a stop and seal him once more...
Also, a tragedy. I wanted to include Ms. Pac-Man as a token given her history and connection to the series, but given the recent debacle surrounding AtGames' claim to her rights and the actions of Bandai-Namco in effectively removing her from history like she's a defector from the Soviet Union, I felt it'd be best not to include her in specific. This unfortunately also extends to Jr. Pac-Man and Pac-Baby. Tough call, but one I think would be realistic.

Job #28:
Stage Name: Aliahan
Stage Origin: Dragon Quest III

Whilst this town only appears itself in Dragon Quest III, it's become a fairly iconic part of the series' history, being referenced several times in future games and media. Aliahan is where Erdrick sets off on his quest, and features a nice variety of different setpieces of note. In general, though, I'd say this would be a simple stage that takes place inside the town, perhaps with NPCs from DQIII as observers or background elements.

Erdrick's Moveset
The main difficulty with this moveset is trying to effectively represent Dragon Quest as a whole beyond just "he uses magic", because whilst magic is a reoccuring element of RPGs, it shouldn't be the sole differentiating factor between a character like Erdrick and potential future considerations like Cloud or whatnot. I think this is one of the larger criticisms of his Smash moveset, coupled with the inherent randomness of his kit, as well as the various issues surrounding his Command Menu (which, thankfully, isn't returning.) That said, I think Critical Hit is reasonable enough in a game like this.

That being said, I don't think just limiting ourselves to Dragon Quest III would do us any favours, so I'm going to include elements from throughout the series here and there for the sake of flavour. Then again, there's so much to represent as is... well, let's see how things go!

Attack NameButton ExecutionDescription
Critical Hit
N/A (Character Mechanic)​
In reference to the ability to randomly land Critical Hits in the source material (which are when strikes are, at random, significantly more powerful than they otherwise would be), Erdrick brings this ability into the Brawl of Fame as well.

I think this would work better than it does in Smash here because of this game's slower pace, and a focus away from actual combos and such.

Any given physical attack has a 1/8 chance of being a Critical Hit, which has a unique sound and visual effect - dealing twice as much damage as it typically would, as well as increased knockback.
Slash
Tap B​
Simply tapping B gives Erdrick a fairly typical downward slash with his sword that does a decent job at covering his front.
Falcon Slash
Tap B after Slash​
A second slash that works almost identically to the first, but which you can input as a rapid combo from the first attack if you're so inclined.
Flame Slash
Charge B (Rotation, No. 1)​
Hero's neutral B has three charge attacks which work on a rotation, though each of them have a similar effect, being a slash imbued with an elemental power of some form. The charge increases how much damage it deals, as well as giving the attack a unique property when fully charged.

Flame Slash is imbued with fire, and deals the most outright damage - being a powerful downward slash with a fiery explosion when it hits the ground if used when fully charged.
Kacrackle Slash
Charge B (Rotation, No. 2)​
Hero's neutral B has three charge attacks which work on a rotation, though each of them have a similar effect, being a slash imbued with an elemental power of some form. The charge increases how much damage it deals, as well as giving the attack a unique property when fully charged.

Kacrackle Slash is imbued with ice, and is the weakest of the bunch but has the ability to freeze opponents it hits at full charge - being a sideways slash with no vertical coverage.
Thunder Slash
Charge B (Rotation, No. 3)​

Thunder Slash is imbued with electricity, and is capable of stunning an opponent if hits at full charge - being a powerful upward slash.
Chimaera Wing
↑ + charge B​
Erdrick pulls out a Chimaera Wing and begins to charge with it, clutching it close before rocketing upward at high speed - fast enough to leave a shockwave around him that damages opponents. Its speed and range depends on how much you charge it.

When used, you can hold either horizontal direction to slightly influence your direction. However, it can only be used once whilst airborne.
Tension Build
↓ + charge B​
Erdrick begins to build Tension, surrounding himself in a purple flame that envelops his body. Tension itself is a buff to Erdrick's attack power during his next attack, though when active, Erdrick becomes slightly slower in movement. The purple flame itself is also capable of doing flinch damage to an opponent in a pinch!

Depending on how much you charge, you can build up to a 50% buff to your attack power on your next hit. However, it only lasts for 10 seconds once charged, and requires 20 seconds of cooldown - so use it or lose it!
Kaclang
Shield​
Erdrick wraps himself in steel, becoming completely impervious to attacks that hit him for a short time. Unlike most shields, though, it lasts only for a very short time before it kicks you out of the animation. It doesn't, however, make you dizzy.

If used whilst airborne, Erdrick will fall incredibly quickly, with the fall itself being capable of damaging an opponent that it manages to hit. You can't cancel this fall once you start it, though, so be careful.

His actual pose will be randomised - there's quite a few, including a thinking pose, one with his tongue out, and one in reference to some of his art.

This way, we can include three central elements, status effects, and the zoom spell through a reoccurring item, all in a moveset that's not too bloated but still gives Erdrick a unique feel!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Job #26:
  1. Marble Madness. As much as I would love an actual marble to be playable, this stage seems like it'd be awesome!
  2. Solitaire. Pretty fun and honestly solid inclusion that makes a lot of sense considering its objective popularity.
  3. PlayStation 2 Boot Screen. This is such a clever, unique submission. Seems like it'd be a weird but awesome pull!
Job #27:
I think I should preface this by saying that a Player token, ie. PAC-MAN himself, would by default be Platinum and therefore unattainable through normal means. I also really liked the suggestion that I think MartianSnake made about variants/alternate appearances being a unique bonus seperate to this, but that's for another discussion I suppose. Needless to say, PAC-MAN himself (or a variant) aren't included in my suggestions.
  • Fruits - Bronze
    • The ever-hungry PAC-MAN needs something to eat when he spends his days running around and chomping ghosts, and what better to eat than healthy fruits?... and even keys, bells, and aliens? Well, whatever strange things might be fuelling him, it seems to be keeping him active!
  • Miru - Bronze
    • Even though she's a ghost, Miru's been one of PAC-MAN's most helpful allies for a long time now, and means no harm to anyone - one might say she's his pal? She seems to have a penchant for collecting fruits of all kinds, though she doesn't have anywhere near PAC-MAN's appetite.
  • Pooka - Bronze
    • Pookas are very territorial, and respond with very strong attachments to people who they interact with - if a digger were to tunnel through their burrows, they'd respond with a lot of annoyance! Thankfully, it seems that the Pookas are on good terms with PAC-MAN and his family.
  • Ghost Gang - Silver
    • PAC-MAN's oldest nemeses, this legendary quartet - consisting of Blinky, Inky, Pinky and Clyde - have chased him through mazes and battled the hero for over 40 years! One might think they've gained a little courage over the years, but all it takes is a Power Pellet to send them running...
  • Toc-Man - Gold
    • One of a series of machines built to replicate and replace PAC-MAN by the ghostly scientist Orson, Toc-Man and Orson eventually ended up seeing the error of their ways and helping him in future adventures. It seems they both still share a little jealousy of PAC-MAN's popularity...
Also, a tragedy. I wanted to include Ms. Pac-Man as a token given her history and connection to the series, but given the recent debacle surrounding AtGames' claim to her rights and the actions of Bandai-Namco in effectively removing her from history like she's a defector from the Soviet Union, I felt it'd be best not to include her in specific. Tough call, but one I think would be realistic.

Job #28:
Stage Name: Aliahan
Stage Origin: Dragon Quest III

Whilst this town only appears itself in Dragon Quest III, it's become a fairly iconic part of the series' history, being referenced several times in future games and media. Aliahan is where Erdrick sets off on his quest, and features a nice variety of different setpieces of note. In general, though, I'd say this would be a simple stage that takes place inside the town, perhaps with NPCs from DQIII as observers or background elements.

I'll work on an Erdrick moveset in a moment. Just posting so I don't run the risk of losing the post.
Sorry - Sniped you with the Ghost Gang and Toc-Man.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Stage Vote:
1. Minesweeper - these types of free pre-installed computer games NEED representation in the Brawl of Fame, they're so important to me.
2. PS2
3. Marble Madness

Pac-Man Tokens:

Power Pellet - Bronze
Kinky - Bronze
Chrome Power Pellet - Silver
Professor Pac - Silver
256th Maze - Gold

Apologies for not being able to write descriptions for these, busy day. I really wanted to include 265th Maze because it's an iconic glitch like Missingno, and Namco has actually acknowledged it from time to time.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alrighty! Vote counting time!

Gamindustri: 0 points
Tetris: 0 points
Solitaire: 2 points
PlayStation 2: 5 points
Marble Madness: 8 points
Minesweeper: 9 points

Minesweeper will be added to the Stage list and I'm so so so so happy about it! Congrats to KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 for the great submission!

Job #27: Submit 1 to 5 Collectible Tokens for the Pac-Man series!

[/LIST]
Pac-Man Tokens
Assuming the Man of Pac is a token himself...
  • Blinky - Bronze
    • The leader of the Ghost Gang, Blinky is the most aggressive of the bunch when it comes to hunting down Pac-Man. While he's teamed up with his yellow foe when a greater threat looms, it's right back to the chase once things are back to normal.
  • Inky - Bronze
    • While he tries to act cool, Inky is a goofy and easily-scared ghost at heart. He's often pressured into chasing Pac-Man by the others, and he's demonstrated quite some sneaky tactics when the need arises.
  • Pinky - Bronze
    • The sole lady of the core Ghost Gang, Pinky is just as mischevious as the rest. She has shown a romantic interest in Pac-Man, but this crush seems to come and go in flux.
  • Clyde - Bronze
    • While he always tags along with his fellow ghosts, Clyde is often times afraid of Pac-Man or otherwise less motivated than the others. Dopey and a little slow, he may not seem like much, but there's a reason why the Ghost Gang keeps him around.
  • Toc-Man - Gold
    • Jealous of Pac-Man's popularity, the ghost Orson created a mechanical mockery of him known as Toc-Man, throwing a party on Ghost Island with Pac-Man's family as unwilling guests of honor! Luckily, Orson's willing to use Toc-Man's great potential for good these days.
Pac-Man Tokens:

Power Pellet - Bronze
Kinky - Bronze
Chrome Power Pellet - Silver
Professor Pac - Silver
256th Maze - Gold
Job #27:
  • Fruits - Bronze
  • Miru - Bronze
  • Pooka - Bronze
  • Pac-Family - Silver
    • PAC-MAN's beloved family, consisting of Pac-Mom, Pac-Boy and Pac-Sis, they've been with him through thick and thin whilst he's done his best to protect them. Sure, sometimes the Ghost Gang will come and ruin a party or two, but PAC-MAN's always there for them!
  • Spooky - Gold
    • A terrifying ghost sealed by the legendary hero Sir Pac-a-Lot in the distant past fter attempting to destroy the Pac-people, Spooky returned after being released by the Ghost Gang. After a hard-fought battle, PAC-MAN managed to bring his evil to a stop and seal him once more...
Thank you to everyone who submitted! All of these are being added!

Job #28: Submit a Dragon Quest Stage!

We only got one submission for this, so Aliahan is being added by default! Congrats to KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 , I do think it's a fitting stage for the character.

Erdrick Moveset Submission:

Thanks to KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 once more, we've got a moveset for Erdrick! Congratulations! I'll be adding it to the list right after this.

Job #29: Submit a Bonus Round Minigame.

This should be something akin to Break the Targets from that other game, a bonus round you play in arcade mode that is also able to be played whenever you like in some sort of single player tab.

Job #30: Submit a Music List for Lost Valley!

Once again, you cannot go below 4 or above 8.

Extra note for readers: I'm going somewhere tomorrow so the likelihood of me updating in the general time-frame I usually do is low for that day.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
  1. Main Theme - Tomb Raider
  2. T-Rex - Tomb Raider
  3. Venice Violins - Tomb Raider II
  4. Something Spooky In That Jungle - Tomb Raider III
  5. Croft Manor - Tomb Raider: Anniversary
  6. Le Serpent Rouge - Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness
  7. Main Theme - Tomb Raider: Legend
  8. A Survivor Is Born - Tomb Raider (2013)

480px-SSBU_Classic_BonusRound.jpg

Race
Similar to race to the finish or the bonus game from Ultimate's classic mode. The big difference is that the map is bigger and you're actually racing against your opponents to get to the end, avoiding hazard a bad even enemies from the franchises representated, let's throw a little smash run in there. Hinder or attack your opponents to boost your chances, but don't get left behind

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion

Job #29: Submit a Bonus Round Minigame.

This should be something akin to Break the Targets from that other game, a bonus round you play in arcade mode that is also able to be played whenever you like in some sort of single player tab.

Once again, you cannot go below 4 or above 8.

Extra note for readers: I'm going somewhere tomorrow so the likelihood of me updating in the general time-frame I usually do is low for that day.
Sorry I'm late - i forgor :skull:

Admittedly I have no idea what a Tomb Raider tracklist would look like so I'd best hold my tongue on it. In terms of the bonus round, though...

Reach the Target!
Okay, so at first glance this might seem like a copy, but I assure you it isn't. Instead of having you break a given number of targets, you simply need to get yourself into a given spot on a stage. The stages are specialised for each character, playing to their strengths and being stylised after something from their home series. For instance, PAC-MAN's version of this might be a recreation of the classic maze that has the Target be the safe zone in the centre, so you'd need to climb up from the bottom to get inside whilst avoiding ghosts.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Bonus Round game:

Break-Fest!

Take a break from all that stressful fighting with a bonus round where you DESTROY EVERYTHING IN SIGHT!!! Loosely inspired by the iconic "Destroy Car" bonus round in Street Fighter 2, you'll be placed in a large multl-story warehouse with the goal of destroying as many props as you can before time runs out! The time limit shortens the higher you set the difficulty.

The destructible props would be a mix of generic objects like crates, cars, arcade cabinets, and throwable glasswares to random props from games like the Halo Warthog. Rarely, Tokens will pop out of destroyed objects for you to collect.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright! I'm back with a somewhat later than usual update post, let's dig into the submissions!

Job #29: Submit a Bonus Round Minigame!

Race ( darkvortex darkvortex )
Reach the Target ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
Break-Fest ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )

as only three submissions were made we'll once again be using StrawPoll for this vote: Click Here!

darkvortex darkvortex was the one to make a submission, so no voting process is necessary for this job! Congrats! I think it's a pretty solid list! We may do another job in the future to boost the song count, but that won't be for a long while.
_________
New jobs!

Job #31: Submit a set of alts for Erdrick!

Job #32: Submit a Boss for Arcade Mode!

FazDude

Smash Master
Arcade Mode Boss: Dr. Eggman

I'd usually vouch for the mad doctor as a fighter, but seeing as we have a LOT of ground to cover with our current roster, I'm fine with sidelining Ivo a little here. He'd have two phases:
  • The first phase has Eggman take part in his Egg Mobile, where he'd act more like a standard fighter. He'd have an assortment of weapons from his many boss fights in the Sonic series, and just like those games, he's more than capable of some nasty blows at the cost of leaving himself wide open should they whiff. Once he takes about 80% worth of damage, he retreats before...
  • ...he appears in the Death Egg Robot for his second phase! This mechanical marvel stands much taller than the average fighter and has a lot more HP to boot. It's a lot less mobile than the Egg Mobile, but it makes up for that with long-ranged attacks with its arms and bombs. It mostly travels the stage through rocket thrusts, either going forwards for a charging attack or upwards before slamming down onto the ground.

Top Bottom