• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Video Game Brawl of Fame! A platform fighter with no Nintendo! (Weird Fighter Voting!!)

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 141: Carmen Sandiego Alternate Costumes

1. The classic Carmen, based on 1994 cartoon Where is on Earth is Carmen Sandiego design
2. The modern Carmen, based on 2019 cartoon Netflix's Carmen Sandiego reboot design
3. classic, blue colors
4. modern, yellow colors
5. classic, green colors
6. modern, purple colors
7. classic, black colors
8. modern, white colors
9. classic, orange colors
10. modern, cyan colors

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Assist Submission:
Putt-putt.png

Putt-Putt
Built-in: Putt-Putt drives forward, scooping up whoever winds up in his way, he'll then turn around and drive towards the summoner, allowing them to attack the caught opponent(s).
Item: Putt-Putt drives around erratically, scooping up the first opponent that gets in his way, he'll drive around aimlessly for a bit, before ramming into the nearest wall, dealing great damage.

Alt Job:

Carmen Sandiego would use an original design created for BOF combining elements from various entries. She'd wear her iconic red jacket and hat over a black outfit, accented by a yellow scarf. Her skintone would be most similar to the modern TV series.

1. Default look as described above
2. Yellow hat & jacket, red scarf
3. Blue hat & jacket, light-blue scarf
4. Green hat & jacket, yellow scarf
5. White hat & jacket, red scarf
6. Orange hat & jacket, blue scarf
7. Pink hat & jacket, purple scarf
8. Beige hat & jacket, grey scarf
9. Black hat & jacket, white scarf, white suit
10. All black outfit

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
I mean,i know that i'm the only one who is following this thread,but i think that you post at night couldn't be so good, maybe anyone is sleeping at night,and you could try anything to make your thread get more users to give submissions
I don't think you're the only one following this thread, I just think the last round in particular didn't really entice people to participate.

I don't think posting "at night" is that much of an issue either, for starters I typically leave rounds open for a few days now, and for seconds, time zones exist. One person's night is another one's morning.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
I don't think you're the only one following this thread, I just think the last round in particular didn't really entice people to participate.

I don't think posting "at night" is that much of an issue either, for starters I typically leave rounds open for a few days now, and for seconds, time zones exist. One person's night is another one's morning.
i understand, i know that anyone need a pause zone, but i like this thread, and it's sad that less users on this site don't care on smashboards creates threads now

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 140: Opa-Opa (Fantasy Zone)

1724004026746.png

Opa-Opa is the protagonist from a space shooter game series Fantasy Zone, it is a spaceship and the first Sega's mascot.

Built-It: Opa-Opa flies and shoots at the opponents
Item: Opa-Opa also flies but it shots bombs below the opponents

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Resubmitting Alan Wake

Alan Wake (Assist)

Built-in: Alan will appear in front of the player and drop a flare down on the ground. This Flare slows any opponent who is within it's range, The are slowed more and more the longer they are in the Flare's radius, but it only lasts for a few seconds.

Item: Alan will appear in the center of the stage with a Flashlight and Revolver, Alan will then proceed to point the flashlight around the stage, if someone is caught in the flashlight beam they will be slowed, this is a gradual slow that increases as the flashlight is on them, Eventually the opponent trapped in the beam will be stunned and Alan will fire his revolver at the opponent dealing a ton of damage and knockback.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Carmen Sandiego Moveset

Neutral Special (Grounded/Aerial)-Steal
: Carmen extends her hand and she keeps a projectile when the projectile is near at her,then she throws the projectile,this attack is similar to Villager's Neutral Special

Dash Attack-Thief Kick: Carmen do a sliding kick

Forward Special (Grounded)-Gas Grenade: Carmen throws a grenade and it explodes with a gas who makes the opponent sleeps

Back Special (Grounded)-Grappling Hook Kick: Carmen shoots with her grappling hook gun,when the hook catches the opponent,Carmen come approaching with her grappiling hook and kick the opponent,similar to Batman's Side Special on Multiversus

Side Special (Aerial)-Thief Meteor Kick: Carmen do a diagonal flying kick who go into down-forward on different side

Up Special (Grounded/Aerial)-Glider: Carmen gives a high kick on ground and open a glider to makes Carmen glides and falls slowly

Down Special (Grounded)-Laser Lipstick: Carmen holds a lipstick but it's a Lipstick with laser,who it shoots at the ground and it can moved on left and right,when the she uses the laser,the laser decreases,this attack is similar to Bowser's Neutral Special

Down Special (Aerial)-Smoke Bomb: Carmen uses a smoke bomb,teleporting and reappearing with other smoke,similar to Sheik's Up Special

darkvortex

Smash Champion
worms-11.png

Boggy B (Worms)
Built in - Boggy tosses a grande in the air.
Summon - Boggy will pull out a rocket launcher and shoot a rocket out, a retacle appearing to show where it will land.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright folks, thank you for being patient.

Let's look at these submissions!

Assist Submissions!

Putt-Putt ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )
Opa-Opa ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Alan Wake ( nirvanafan nirvanafan )
Boggy B ( D darkvortex )

Vote for your top 3! Don't include your own submission in 1st.

Carmen Alts Submissions!
Job 141: Carmen Sandiego Alternate Costumes

1. The classic Carmen, based on 1994 cartoon Where is on Earth is Carmen Sandiego design
2. The modern Carmen, based on 2019 cartoon Netflix's Carmen Sandiego reboot design
3. classic, blue colors
4. modern, yellow colors
5. classic, green colors
6. modern, purple colors
7. classic, black colors
8. modern, white colors
9. classic, orange colors
10. modern, cyan colors
Alt Job:

Carmen Sandiego would use an original design created for BOF combining elements from various entries. She'd wear her iconic red jacket and hat over a black outfit, accented by a yellow scarf. Her skintone would be most similar to the modern TV series.

1. Default look as described above
2. Yellow hat & jacket, red scarf
3. Blue hat & jacket, light-blue scarf
4. Green hat & jacket, yellow scarf
5. White hat & jacket, red scarf
6. Orange hat & jacket, blue scarf
7. Pink hat & jacket, purple scarf
8. Beige hat & jacket, grey scarf
9. Black hat & jacket, white scarf, white suit
10. All black outfit
As there's only two submissions, we'll be using strawpoll for this vote! VOTE HERE!

=========
We've also got a moveset submission and some collectable artwork courtesy of DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 ! Thank you!
=========
New Jobs!

Job #141: Submit a Music List for Battlefields of Eternity! (Diablo)

8 songs maximum, 4 songs minimum. Music from other Blizzard games and franchises will be allowed for this job.

Job #142: Submit a "Weird" Fighter for the Roster!

Is it already time for another fighter? Yep! This round will focus on "Weird" picks.

This'll be a very open job, as "Weird" is a very subjective term. Weird could mean a lot of things.

Maybe your character is weird because they have wacky gameplay!

Maybe they're weird because of their design!

Or because they're super niche or obscure!

Or maybe just because they're not exactly playable in their home series.

Anything goes! Just be reasonable, don't try to tell me Cloud would be a weird pick unless you've got a clever trick up your sleeve!

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Buggy B
2. Opa-Opa
3. Putt-Putt

Job 142: Q*Bert

images (3).jpeg

Q*Bert is the main titular character from an arcade game,also he appears on Pixels and Wreck It Ralph.

I want to add other characters, as Tetromino,Spyhunter and Red from Angry Birds,but i think that Q*Bert is a good choice.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
1. Putt-Putt
2. Alan Wake
3. Opa Opa

BellaGoth.png

Bella Goth (The Sims)
I think it's important to get a more casual game rep in here. Sims is an extremely iconic, high selling franchise but is not something I think most people will expect to see in a fighting game. Bella herself is one of the most recognisable characters in the franchise, appearing in every mainline game in some form. Other Sims from across the series would be her alts.

She would have a pretty unorthodox fighting style, as she wouldn't do much on her own, but rather the player would spawn objects around her. Spawn a pool, place furniture, etc. She could also do things like cook, which she messes up, creating a fire, and more references to her home series. She'd set up objects that she can follow up on, a bit like Villager.

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Resubmitting Moai!
Let's get weird folks...
Gromm.jpg

JOB #13 SUBMISSION
Moai
(Gradius, 1985. Technically debuted in Pandora's Palace, 1984.)

The Moai is a thing Konami loves to stick in whatever they can. While best known for its appearances in the Gradius series as an obstacle that fires ion rings and lasers from its mouth, the Moai has a much MUCH deeper catalog of appearances in Konami's games alone. Moai have appeared in Castlevania, Bomberman, and even YU-GI-OH. Moai have also been playable in plenty of games too: Konami Krazy Racers, Konami Wai Wai World, a starring role in Mr. Moai, and of course, one was playable in Dreammix TV World Fighters!

Moai would be a perfect pick for the roster as a character that nobody would expect but makes perfect sense in retrospect.

Ideally the moveset would take primarily from the Gradius series, with moves based on its other appearances to flesh things out and add to the weirdness of the character.
He checks off so many "weird" boxes.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Boggy B
2. Putt Putt
3. Opa Opa

Phoenix Wright
The Ace Attorney games are a non-combative series, so he counts as a joke fighter.
He's been playable in the Marvel VS Capcom series, so I'm not the only one who wants this.
His move set in that game was finding evidence, so I could see that happening in this game.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Shiori Fujisaki (Tokimeki Memorial)
ShioriF_by_Fel1230.jpg

THAT'S RIGHT *****

YOU KNOW I HAD TO DO IT TO EM

SHIORI SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

ahem Anyway, Tokimemo is basically the face of the dating sim, a unique genre that probably won't have a whole lot of opportunity to be represented here. I think she brings a lot of flair to the roster and would be very fun to see

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright folks! Let me count these votes!

Assist Votes:
Alan Wake: 3 points
Opa-Opa: 8 points
Putt Putt: 10 points
Boggy B: 15 points

With 15 points, Boggy B joins the assist lineup! Congrats to D darkvortex !

The carmen alt vote results are also in! DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 wins with 3 votes! Congrats!

===========
And now, we look at new submissions.

Weird Fighter Submissions!

Q*Bert ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Bella Goth ( D darkvortex )
Tetromino ( FazDude FazDude )
Moai ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )
Phoenix Wright ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Shiori Fujisaki ( Speed Weed Speed Weed )

Vote for your top 3 choices! Don't put your own submission in first place!

In addition, I've submitted a Music List for Battlefields of Eternity. As the only one to submit a Music List, it's being added by default.

As a reminder folks, the more music lists that get submitted, the more music gets added to the game through our voting system! And you don't have to submit the full 8! You can stop as low as 4!
===========
New Jobs!

Job #142: Submit up to 5 Collectible Tokens for the Team Fortress 2 series!

As always, please include rarities (gold, silver, bronze) and feel free to add descriptions! Heavy is in by default.

Job #143: Submit a Double Reveal Trailer!

So, trailers are usually something you can submit at any time here, but I feel like things are going just a tad bit slow with that process. In this job, you can create a trailer concept that must reveal TWO fighters! The fighters don't have to be related, but they can be! We will be doing a vote for this job if enough submission come up.

Be sure to check the trailer list on the first page so you don't end up accidentally revealing an already revealed character!

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 143: Trailer

Sub-Zero Trailer

The Trailer starts Ryu KOing Jill, until that Ryu notices an iceball who is fired on him and he dodges, the character who shoted on Ryu reveals himself, it's Sub-Zero walks into his direction,Sub-Zero says "i heard that you are the wanderer who is finding a battle",Ryu says "talk is cheap,but you founded a good opponent", then it shows Suz-Zero's gameplay and his stage: The Pit,and it back to the cutscene of Ryu and Sub-Zero fighting, the ending shows Ryu doing a hadouken and Sub-Zero shoting an iceball,then it cuts to the Brawl of Fame logo

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
  1. Shori
  2. Moai
  3. Bella

Job 1423: Double Trailer

Heavy Trailer

The Trailer starts with the cutscene recreating the "Meet The Heavy",starting with Heavy saying "i'm the Heavy Weapons Guy,and this is my weapon",and the ending of the cutscene,Heavy reveals that he joined on Brawl of Fame,revealing who he's holding a letter,who is like a Smash letter but it's the Brawl of Fame letter.

then,it reveals the Heavy's gameplay,showing his moveset and his stage: Gold Rush, then back to the cutscene who is also recreating the scene of Heavy shooting the opponent with his minigun from "Meet The Heavy", he is allied with Master Chief and Crash Bandicoot,referencing The Orange Box,and the trailer go into the logo of Brawl of Fame

Sub-Zero Trailer

The Trailer starts Ryu KOing Jill, until that Ryu notices an iceball who is fired on him and he dodges, the character who shoted on Ryu reveals himself, it's Sub-Zero walks into his direction,Sub-Zero says "i heard that you are the wanderer who is finding a battle",Ryu says "talk is cheap,but you founded a good opponent", then it shows Suz-Zero's gameplay and his stage: The Pit,and it back to the cutscene of Ryu and Sub-Zero fighting, the ending shows Ryu doing a hadouken and Sub-Zero shoting an iceball,then it cuts to the Brawl of Fame logo
pretty sure they mean two characters who share one trailer, rather than two separate trailers

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Job 143: Double Trailer

Heavy Trailer

The Trailer starts with the cutscene recreating the "Meet The Heavy",starting with Heavy saying "i'm the Heavy Weapons Guy,and this is my weapon",and the ending of the cutscene,Heavy reveals that he joined on Brawl of Fame,revealing who he's holding a letter,who is like a Smash letter but it's the Brawl of Fame letter.

then,it reveals the Heavy's gameplay,showing his moveset and his stage: Gold Rush, then back to the cutscene who is also recreating the scene of Heavy shooting the opponent with his minigun from "Meet The Heavy", he is allied with Master Chief and Crash Bandicoot,referencing The Orange Box,and the trailer go into the logo of Brawl of Fame

Sub-Zero Trailer

The job is for one trailer that reveals two fighters, as darkvortex said. Sorry.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
1. Tetromino
2. Shiori
3. Moai

Tf2 tokens:

Sandvich - (Gold)
Sasha - (Gold)
Administrator - (Silver)
Mutant Bread - (Bronze)
Jarate - (Bronze)

Top Bottom