• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Video Game Brawl of Fame! A platform fighter with no Nintendo! (Carmen Sandiego joins the roster!!)

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
maxresdefault (11).jpg

King Nils
From the laser known Indie adventure game "Bramble: The Mountain King". The titular mountain king. An infamously difficult final boss in his game of origin. King Niles will tower over the stage and attack down on the stage, tying to stab fighters with a blade and sweeping with his hands.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright, i'm feeling refreshed, hope you're all doing well. Let's get back on track!

First off, the Marketing Stunt vote:

Brawl of Fame ARG: 1 Vote
E3 Event: 2 Votes
Live Wrestling Match: 4 Votes!

Congrats to D darkvortex ! It looks like we're getting quite the spectacle of marketing stunt! Thank you for submitting!
==========
Now then, let's finally look at the new submissions!

Sans Alts:
Only I submitted a set of alts for Sans, so that'll be added in by default.

Indie Boss:
We've got quite a few submissions for this job, so let's just jump in!

Crow ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Spamton NEO ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )
King Dice ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Hades ( D darkvortex )
Gabriel, Judge of Hell ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )
King Nils ( TORNADO BUS DRIVER TORNADO BUS DRIVER )

Vote for your top three! Don't include your own submission in first place.
==========
New Jobs!

Indiepalooza is coming to an end, but we still have one last round of indie jobs before we move on!

Job #133: Submit an "Other" Indie Stage!

Time to add another stage that doesn't correspond to a character on the roster, this time indie themed! Go wild! I can't wait to see what's submitted!

Job #134: Submit a set of 10 alts for Zagreus!

Here we'll be finishing off Zagreus' info, have fun!

And btw... moveset submissions for Sans are still open!

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
1. Hades
2. King Dice
3. Crow

Celeste Mountain (Taken from Smash Infinite)
The stage itself would be a chunk of earth jutting into the foreground from the mountain, which would thus appear in the background taking up the right side of the screen. The main platform would be about the same side as Battlefield's, and there would be two smaller platforms above it, each slightly tilted.

If hazards are on, occasionally the screen will shake a little. When this happens, a cluster of blue crystal spikes will fall from above and land on the main platform (passing through any smaller ones) and linger there for a moment. They can land on any spot across the platform except for directly on/a short distance from the ledge.

Occasionally, you can see a bird flying through the background. Once per match, you can see Madeline climbing the mountain in the background. Upon landing on a small, safe outcropping, she'll briefly cheer on the battle before resuming her climb.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Hades
2. Crow
3. Gabriel

Job 133: Runbow Battlestage (Runbow)

720-GDC-2015-Screenshot-_0003_Lava.png

Runbow Battlestage is a place from the game Runbow, as a stage is a black hard platform into two parts and six platforms who are two in different colors, yellow, green and orange, the platforms disappears by the color from the background

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
1. King Dice
2. Gabriel
3. Spamton NEO

Stage Submission:
Tower_of_Heaven_b.png

Tower of Heaven (Tower of Heaven)
Hailing from the game of the same name, but potentially more famous for it's appearance in other fighters, Tower of Heaven would be carried over from Rivals of Aether pretty directly. Just with a few new laws, potentially.

Sans Moveset:
Alright, here's a moveset I've been workshopping for a while, hopefully you all find it good.

Bone (Tap B) - Sans summons a bone that slides across the floor, damaging whoever it hits. The bone vanishes if it hits an opponent, wall, or ledge. Up to three bones can be active at a time.
It's Blue Now (Down+Tap B) - Changes all bones to be blue, Blue Bones can only damage opponents if they're moving. Sans can change bones back to white by doing this move again.

Gaster Blaster (Back+Hold B) - Sans charges a Gaster Blaster much like a Samus Charge Shot. Can be stopped at anytime, BUT Sans cannot take the blaster with him, instead leaving it sitting wherever he stopped charging it. The Gaster Blaster can be attacked and destroyed by opponents.
Activate Gaster Blaster (Forward+Hold B) - Fires the Gaster Blaster, can be done from anywhere on the stage.

Aerial Bone (Tap B in air) - Sans spins a bone around himself midair.
High Trombone (Up+Tap B in air) - Sans plays his trombone upwards in a delayed attack, launching opponents with correct timing.
Low Trombone (Down+Tap B in air) - Sans plays his trombone downwards in a delayed attack, spiking opponents with correct timing.

Slide Kick (Forward+Tap B) - Sans does a Mega Man style slide kick purely because my brain deeply associates the two characters for some reason I can't remember. This attack is just for me and my amusement.
Shrug (Up+Tap B) - Sans shrugs. During this animation, almost nothing can attack him, even projectiles pass through him. It does leave him in a vulnerable state afterwards, however. With right timing and perfect placement, this attack can heavily damage a near enough opponent. (Ala Jigglypuff's Sleep or Nigel's Snap.)

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. King dice
2. Hades
3. Gabriel

Neighbor's Room (OMORI)

1723172755492.png

A decently small stage that spans the length of Neighbors Room, You can jump on and break the table, and if you are small enough you can even fall into the cat shaped hole.

Sunny, Basil, Kel, Hero, Mari and Aubrey will appear in the background and the cats eyes will follow the players

(When I say "gains the colors of" I mean his outfit is recolored to match the color scheme of the character)
1. Gray - Zagreus' default appearance in Hades
2. Gold - Zagerus gains the colors of Zeus
3. Blue - Zagreus gains the colors of Poseidon
4. Yellow - Zagerus gains the colors of Athena
5. Pink - Zagreus gains the colors of Aphrodite
6. Green - Zagerus gains the colors of Artemis
7. Red - Zagreus gains the colors of Ares
8. Purple - Zagreus gains the colors of Dionysus
9. Orange - Zagreus gains the colors of Hermes
10. White - Zagreus gains the colors of Demeter

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alrighty! Let's dig into these votes!

King Nils: 0 points
Crow: 3 points
Spamton NEO: 4 points
Gabriel: 6 points
Hades: 8 points
King Dice: 9 points

With 9 points, King Dice joins our boss roster!! Congrats to Northsouthmap Northsouthmap for the great submission!
===========
AND NOW, submissions.

Indie Stage vote:
Celeste Mountian ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Runbow Battlestage ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Tower of Heaven ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )
Neighbor's Room ( cashregister9 cashregister9 )

Vote for your top three! Don't put your own submission in first place! Thank you!

We've only got one submission for Zagreus' alts (courtesy of cashregister9 cashregister9 ) and one submission for the sans moveset (courtesy of myself), so they'll be added by default, thank you!
==========
New jobs!

Job #135: Submit a non-arcade 80s character!

Time for a new character as we enter the final ten! We've got quite a new 80s characters, but most of them hail from the arcades. This job'll be one last major look at the iconic decade, zooming in on characters born on consoles and computers! Have fun!

Job #136: Submit a Music List for The Pit! (Mortal Kombat)

MORTAL KOMBATTTTTT! here's a reminder on how these music jobs work: you may submit no less than four tracks, and no more than eight! And please only include songs from the Mortal Kombat series.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Tower of Heaven
2. Runbow Battlestage
3. Neighbor's Room

Job 135: Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)

Ryu_Hayabusa.png

Ryu Hayabusa is the protagonist from Ninja Gaiden series, he is an ninja who was born on Dragon Warrior Legacy, and he was donned the red and blue garb of the dragon warriors.

I was thinking on choose and submit Alis from Phantasy Star,but i think that Hayabusa have more chance

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
1. Runbow
2. Celeste
3. Tower of Heaven

RESUBMITTING CARMEN SANDIEGO! She did debut in 1985!
View attachment 386625
Carmen Sandiego (Carmen Sandiego)

Carmen Sandiego is the focal character of the Carmen Sandiego series of edutainment games. She's the leader of V.I.L.E., an organization keen on stealing works from around the world. In the games you're typically some sort of detective intent on tracking her and her cohorts down.

She's a pretty popular character, with FOUR TV shows to her name. She's probably the most well-known character to come out of an educational game, and would fit in alongside the other characters rather well in comparison to most other edutainment options.

I'm imagining her moveset would lean heavily on stealth, stealing, and dare I say... education.

Who wouldn't wanna learn about the world while fighting a rapping dog and the devil himself?

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Adol Christin (Ys)
20240810_045538.png

Hey, you know a cool part of gaming history that's cool but often impenetrable and thus doesn't have many chances to get into stuff like this? Japanese computer games! And you know who was one of the biggest and most pioneering names in that field and also happens to have plenty of cool characters to pull from, including ones debuted in the 80s? Nihon Falcom! So **** it, I'm submitting Adol, the protagonist of the influential and long-running action RPG franchise Ys. I think he and the stuff he can bring with him could add some really cool flavor to this roster, and there are also plenty of banger tracks that can be added as a result.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
1. Celeste Mountain
2. Tower of Heaven
3. Runbow

Rctr_kunio-removebg-preview.png

Kunio-kun
Beat -Em ups are a pretty iconic genre that has yet to get representation in our game. I considered a Double Dragon or Final Fight character, but I actually think Kunio is a good pick from a historical perspective. A lot of what we now know from this genre comes from the early Kunio \ River City games.

MK Music
  1. Techno Syndrome
  2. The Pit
  3. The Dead Pool
  4. The Courtyard
  5. Kahn's Arena
  6. Subway
  7. Goro's Lair
  8. Cage Mansion

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Erdrick Trailer

The trailer starts with Sonic, Pac-Man and Lara Croft fighting,until a swordsman appears falling and gives a spinning slash,Sonic says "who are you to come here?",the swordsman is covered by dust,then he reveals himself walking,it's Erdrick

the trailer skips showing the Edrick's gameplay and the stage: Aliahan, then the trailer cut to the title

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Erdrick Trailer

The trailer starts with Sonic, Pac-Man and Lara Croft fighting,until a swordsman appears falling and gives a spinning slash,Sonic says "who are you to come here?",the swordsman is covered by dust,then he reveals himself walking,it's Erdrick

the trailer skips showing the Edrick's gameplay,then the trailer skips to a CGI cutscene,revealing the other Dragon Quest protagonists who are on Erdrick's side,then Master Chief, Ryu, Jill Valentine, Centipede and Space Invaders comes on the side of Sonic,Pac-Man and Lara,the cutscene freezes on the Dragon Quest heroes and the fighters advancing to fight,then the game back to the gameplay,but with other Dragon Quest heroes and the stage: Aliahan, then the trailer cut to the title
What do you mean by other Dragon Quest heroes? They aren't in this game iirc

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright! Sorry for the wait, let's go count these votes!

Neighbor's Room: 3 points
Runbow Battlestage: 8 points
Tower of Heaven: 12 points
Celeste Mountian: 13 points

Narrowly grabbing the victory, Celeste Mountian joins the stage list! Congrats to Northsouthmap Northsouthmap !

In addition, we've got a Mortal Kombat music list courtesy of D darkvortex ! Thank you!

We've also got a trailer for Edrick, thanks to DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 !! Thank you!

These'll be added to the big list shortly.
=========
And now, character submissions!

Ryu Hayabusa ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
Carmen Sandiego ( MartianSnake MartianSnake )
Adol Christin ( Speed Weed Speed Weed )
Mega Man ( Northsouthmap Northsouthmap )
Tetromino ( FazDude FazDude )
Kunio-kun ( D darkvortex )

Real fun selection here! Vote for your top 3! Don't put your own submission in first place.
===========
New Jobs!

Job #137: Submit a Training Mode Concept!

Here's something that sorta passed by us without realizing, Training Mode! Does it have any unique elements? A unique stage? Anything crazy? Submit your ideas!

Job #138: Submit 1 to 5 Collectible Tokens for the Digimon series!

Alright! Time to get digital! As usual with these jobs, please include bronze, silver, and gold rarities! Also, try to avoid adding characters made for the anime, it's probably fine if an anime original Digimon slips through, but please don't submit any goggle-wearing human protags, for example. Trophy style descriptions are optional but very appreciated, thank you!

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
1. Carmen
2. Hayabusa
3. Kunio-Kun

Job 138: Digimon Tokens

Gatomon (Bronze)
Renamon (Gold)
Patamon (Bronze)
Shoutmon (Silver)
Impmon (Bronze)

i'm not a biggest Digimon expert,but i added the ones who i know

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
  1. Carmen
  2. Tetromino
  3. Adol
Training Mode
Training Mode would get its own stage; However, unlike Smash, you could change between several different (tournament legal) layouts on the fly right from the "pause" menu. In addition, it comes packed with options for changing your opponent(s), spawning items, altering enemy behavior, a combo counter, and anything else you'd expect to see in a training mode.

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
1. Tetromino
2. Mega Man
3. Carmen

Digimon Tokens:

Numemon (Bronze)
Bacomon (Bronze)
Togemon (Silver)
Birdramon (Silver)
Angemon (Gold)

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
Alright! Let's count these votes and see who's being added to our roster!

Kunio-kun: 2 points
Adol Christin: 4 points
Ryu Hayabusa: 5 points
Mega Man: 6 points
Tetromino: 8 points
Carmen Sandiego: 12 points

With a total of 12 points, Carmen Sandiego joins the Brawl of Fame... if we can find her, that is. This is our 21st character, only 9 remain...
==========
Before we start building her out, let's look the results of the other jobs!

First off, FazDude FazDude brings us a great Training Mode submission, thank you! It'll be added to thr list!

Next up, Digimon Tokens! We've got a grand total of 15 here, thank you to all that submitted!
Gatomon (Bronze)
Renamon (Gold)
Patamon (Bronze)
Shoutmon (Silver)
Impmon (Bronze)
Gabumon (Bronze)
Veemon (Bronze)
Leomon (Silver)
Guilmon (Silver)
Omnimon (Gold)
Numemon (Bronze)
Bacomon (Bronze)
Togemon (Silver)
Birdramon (Silver)
Angemon (Gold)
==========
New Job!

Job #139: Submit a Home Stage for Carmen Sandiego!

Time to find out where in the world Carmen Sandiego will fight on, for this job, I'm actually gonna allow stages based on any kind of Educational game to be submitted, for variety sake. Have fun!

No second job this round, BUT Carmen Sandiego moveset submissions are now open! And that's pretty much a job.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 139: Travel to The World

(i put an image of an airplane flying to i explaing more about how is the stage)

Travel to The World is a stage who could be both more or less original and based that the franchise is a geography educational game series, the stage is a mix of Venom with Pilotwings,but the stage is an airplane in front side,the background of the stage changes a lot,it go into various places from the world,the airplane starts to flying on the begining of the stage,the background shows the airplane flying in the clouds,then the background changes to a known place from the city and back to the clouds,the places are Italy, Germany, France, Russia, UK, Portugal, India, Japan, China, South Korea, Australia, Brazil and USA.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Carmen Sandiego Misc

Entrance Animation: Carmen falls landing,get up and tips her hat

Taunt 1: Carmen do a hat tip gesture saying "nice to meet you,comrade" and put her hat back
Taunt 2: Carmen take a map,looks at the map and keep the map
Taunt 3: Carmen shows holding an item randomly,similar to Pac-Man's Namco Roulette Taunt,the items are a ring from Sonic ,a power pallet from Pac-Man, an H icon who is Heavy Machine Gun icon from Metal Slug, a Shinnok amulet from Mortal Kombat, a wumpa fruit from Crash Bandicoot, a bomb with letter P from Bomberman, a Nuka-Cola bottle from Fallout, a Bonk Atomic Punch from Team Fortress 2, a lamp from Shantae, a crowbar from Half-Life, a jiggy from Banjo-Kazooie, a time piece from A Hat In Time, a strawberry with wings from Celeste, a Mega Man helmet from Mega Man, an apple of eden from Assassin's Creed, a living money from Conker's Bad Fur Day, an eye of indra from Uncharted, a holy water from Castlevania, an egg from Angry Birds,a blue puyo from Puyo Puyo , a diamond pickaxe from Minecraft, a candy from Cut The Rope, a Joker's mask from Persona 5, a T-tetromino from Tetris and six stones of different colors from [TOP SECRET] (it's infinity stones from Marvel VS Capcom/Marvel Games)

Victory Animation: Carmen go taking a golden little statue and says "i think this belongs to me" (it's a generic golden statue)
Losing Aniation: Carmen claps to the winner,she discovers that anyone is following her,she says "uh-oh,ACME is following me" and leaves with her grapping hook
Victory Music: a snippet from Where in The World is Carmen Sandiego Theme

Last edited:
Top Bottom