• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Censoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
With words like "****" (as in raccoon) being censored, I really think there's a problem.

Is it not true that this all started with MLG? As far as I know we have no correlation with them anymore.

What's next? Balls? Penis? C'mon guys it's getting a bit ridiculous.

I don't think anyone's against censoring the standard cuss words, but at the point where you can't even purposefully misspell the word to get around the censor (so people can actually tell what you're trying to say) is just repulsive.

90% of the users here are over 18. Give us some "dam" respect.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
If the censored word is raccoon but without the rac, then that word is definitely a derogatory term towards black people and is understandable if it's censored. I really don't like the idea of censorship but since this site is geared towards kids as well, you gotta be a nannysite and filter words and images.

Also, MLG pays for the hosting of this site and paid Gideon for ownership and that by itself merits MLG to do whatever the heck they want with this site lol.

But yeah, like I said, I don't like censorship but I just deal with it :|

EDIT: looks like your thread is gonna be locked or moved soon since it's in the wrong forum

lordhelmet

Smash Master
If the censored word is raccoon but without the rac, then that word is definitely a derogatory term towards black people and is understandable if it's censored.
What if you wanted to talk about the Southpark episode "**** and Friends"?

Ginger isn't censored. That's a derogatory term towards red haired kids. What about cracker? Chink?

Should we just censor all negative words? Where's the line?

Also, MLG pays for the hosting of this site and paid Gideon for ownership and that by itself merits MLG to do whatever the heck they want with this site lol.
Touché.

EDIT: looks like your thread is gonna be locked or moved soon since it's in the wrong forum
I couldn't seem to find a better forum to post this. A blog would've been a good idea but I'm too dumb to think of that.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Simply because they can, I believe it is morally correct and shows professionalism if you are at a big sponsored event such as MLG, they don't want to give people a bad first impression if new people were to come into the scene, at least that's what I think, don't flame though. ★

:phone:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
They even censored moby ****. :troll:
But there is no prob w/ me.
I just find it funny that they would censor a great literature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom