• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashalot: 4 4/21/07 San Antonio Tournaments

Dyse

Smash Journeyman
Not true and you know it. What's harding to do, power shielding attacks or parring in 3rd Strike? Pwn.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Third strike takes no where near the skill smash takes lols.

Masterer Betty

Smash Journeyman
Not true and you know it. What's harding to do, power shielding attacks or parring in 3rd Strike? Pwn.
Noob play the ****n game before you know what your talkn bout. power shielding isnt a viable strategy to use in tournement play, it's better to dodge rather than try to power shield and mess up, get pwnd and lose a stock or possible the match.

And I **** challenge you to parry Chun-Li's Hourysen Special you will fail. Guranteed

Third strike takes no where near the skill smash takes lols.
Noob try to Kara Cancel anything you will also fail horribly.

Don't mess w/ Teh Masterer. I bleed Red, White and Blue

Kyle Broflovski

Smash Journeyman
Mr C can't even play 2d fighters lolz.

Powershielding is nice and all, but is it essential? hell no. Betty is right.

Parrying? I have one video allow to show you how important and how difficult it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np_5BHmaSI4

Ken would have died if Daigo wasn't able to parry all those hits since the super (the fastest **** super in the game, like 1 frame startup or some bs) would have destroyed his one point of health left due to guard damage.

(Note: Daigo is so **** asian, he pratically reads minds. If Daigo played smash, he would 3 stock Ken)

Besides, powershielding doesn't actually leave you [as] open. If you mess up, you raise your shield (or don't.... oh well, eat the hit you nub)

If you parry, you get it or you don't..... you don't block if your timing is too late.

Now Naruto................... yeah, that game don't take skill. Jump A spam, guard break combo spam, then do one tech follow and **** combo....... or just **** combo from the get go. Did I mention the unblockable specials that do more than %50 percent health? that you can just do on a wake up? And all the characters can just do two pokes to combo into it?

Dr. M

Smash Rookie
Mr C can't even play 2d fighters lolz.

Powershielding is nice and all, but is it essential? hell no. Betty is right.

Parrying? I have one video allow to show you how important and how difficult it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np_5BHmaSI4

Ken would have died if Daigo wasn't able to parry all those hits since the super (the fastest **** super in the game, like 1 frame startup or some bs) would have destroyed his one point of health left due to guard damage.

(Note: Daigo is so **** asian, he pratically reads minds. If Daigo played smash, he would 3 stock Ken)

Besides, powershielding doesn't actually leave you [as] open. If you mess up, you raise your shield (or don't.... oh well, eat the hit you nub)

If you parry, you get it or you don't..... you don't block if your timing is too late.

Now Naruto................... yeah, that game don't take skill. Jump A spam, guard break combo spam, then do one tech follow and **** combo....... or just **** combo from the get go. Did I mention the unblockable specials that do more than %50 percent health? that you can just do on a wake up? And all the characters can just do two pokes to combo into it?
yes we all know that mr. c can't play any real fighting games, yes i said real (smash is not a fighting game...its trash)

ahhh yes, the video by which little n00bs start playing the legendary game called third strike. did u know that it is because of this video that n00bs exist today...if u think about it, pros can't exist without n00bs. pros exist to humiliate and exterminate n00bs in every competative game known to man.

naruto!? i have only one word to say about that... it sucks and its not a fighting game lolerskaterszorz

PS: i love betty LOL

.:BLOB

Smash Cadet
yea smash sucks big hairy damp moist monkey balls. a god named betty came down from heaven and gave street fighter to the pros, and slapped a n00b while he was down here. SF3S>smash

Kyle Broflovski

Smash Journeyman
omg, pulling out old accounts? Get over it, smash's sheer size of the community and staying power proves it's worth as a fighting game. MvC 2, as ridiculous as that game is, still has enough to hold it's own years after release (but probably because Americans can beat the Japanese at it)

Mr.C

Smash Master
yall are just mad because you suck at smash.

im willing to bet $300 none of you can do a single fox jc waveshine.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're on smashboards, not shoryuken.

There isn't even 3rd Strike at this tournament from what I can tell.

No one cares what you think about 3rd strike/other 2-D fighters, keep it to smash guys.

Also why you 3 different accounts to post 3 different things in a 13-minute span? All around 5:30 in the morning no less...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
yall are just mad because you suck at smash.

im willing to bet $300 none of you can do a single fox jc waveshine.
I can do it >_>..But I agree that smash is harder...can I have $300? lols.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
Forksies, sheik ditto? I don't really play now but I figure this is the only time I'll have a chance to win =P
lol sure...i dont think you've ever beaten me in a shiek ditto, though :p you started beating me when you played peach. i guess we'll see though

Masterer Betty

Smash Journeyman
There isn't even 3rd Strike at this tournament from what I can tell.
But there will be

No one cares what you think about 3rd strike/other 2-D fighters, keep it to smash guys.
I beg to differ, I bet mosquito cares a great deal about SF. (BTW kyle I heard you got spanked by matt's 12 is that true? lollol

Also why you 3 different accounts to post 3 different things in a 13-minute span? All around 5:30 in the morning no less...
This is what time Teh Masterer gets back from teh partyz. Todo and Dr. Mario Pwn

Kyle Broflovski

Smash Journeyman
I beg to differ, I bet mosquito cares a great deal about SF. (BTW kyle I heard you got spanked by matt's 12 is that true? lollol
3rd strike is my secondary game. GG XX Slash is my 3rd best.

And ever since Matt got a PS2, he hasn't had a single match on me. Hell, I nearly perfect the guy. How he beats James I dunno, but I guess it's cuz it's Hugo.

And he can't play 12 either >.>

Ultima sora

Smash Rookie
hey i have question? anyone can answer.
is the glitch where u take one of your teammate's lives banned?

Mr.C

Smash Master
thats not a glitch lol
and yes you can take stock from your teamates

Nike.

Smash Hero
Oh yea Ryan, thanks for showing up on tuesday. haha jk but yea Im tired of losing to caveman so I probably won't be entering the tourney, but do you wanna MM at the tourney?

haha "glitch"... nice

Neo_Link

Smash Rookie
Sora if you dare take one of my lives without my perimission I will make your life a living hell.

K1T3

Smash Lord
lol sure...i dont think you've ever beaten me in a shiek ditto, though :p you started beating me when you played peach. i guess we'll see though
Nooo I didn't realize the tourney was so far away, your thumb will be fixed by then and I'll still lose =( Yeah I've never beat you with sheik. I think you always 2 stock me. Don't worry my peach is really really bad now from the lack of playing I guess... So now I just suck overall.

Felix I owe you money, make sure you remind me to pay you back, I forgot until just now and hate oweing people money. Umm... how much do I owe you? =/

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I might not be going to this after all >_>..I can only go if Zev or JF goes and I catch a ride with them.

Neo_Link

Smash Rookie
Only 6 more days to go! I really hope you guys are really good smashers cause Ima comin to smash some heads and bash some arms. Train up and get ready to rumble!

Kyle Broflovski

Smash Journeyman
I'm still hoping to make this....... if I have the day off. Also, though I know I may be asking for trouble.........

just want to let all you smashers know I have a car again, so I am willing to provide rides (in San Antonio) as long as I have fair compensation (and you actually plan on entering.......) Converse and SAK are exceptions to this rule though. We don't hang as much as we use to and tourneys are excellent excuses to get together and get wasted aftewards.

Also I hope to be moving in my stuff to Dyse's on this day as well.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
alright Kyle!! congrats on getting a car!!! :) hopefully your job wont interfere too much now that you have a car :) And i guess I'll be seeing you more since I love visiting dyse, jerry, koosh, and all them :D

I'm going to this tourney

TheCoach

Smash Apprentice
Kyle, Betty and i need a ride there so if ya are going umm purrdy please take us we got sum pwnin to do........ teh noobs army is increasing in size and we have to open up a can of teh coach woop *** on all dem noob *** motha *** *****ess and well liek betty and i will pwn so if you manage to git teh pwnage(Betty and I) there then you will have a rightful place in Teh Betty Army.

Kyle Broflovski

Smash Journeyman
Kyle, Betty and i need a ride there so if ya are going umm purrdy please take us we got sum pwnin to do........ teh noobs army is increasing in size and we have to open up a can of teh coach woop *** on all dem noob *** motha *** *****ess and well liek betty and i will pwn so if you manage to git teh pwnage(Betty and I) there then you will have a rightful place in Teh Betty Army.
Sure, since I bet Jose will be working this day.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If anyone from austin is going to the pm me or call me plzzzz I want to go but have no ride >_>.

Top Bottom