• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash64 Community Accent Tags!

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i'd say having an accent means your speech gives away your region or background. if it's hard to place where someone is from, he probably doesn't have that much of an accent.

aa, for instance, we can definitely tell he's australian. but i am unfamiliar as **** with australian accents so i wouldn't be able to say which part of australia.

but if you ever find yourself near kero's dad you know you are in the presence of a new yawkuh

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
lol it's funny because aa sounds nothing like an australian imo

he sounds like he has an american accent to most of us

sman865

Smash Apprentice
what are you guys' definition of "having an accent" anyway?

Is there like an universally accepted standard way of speaking English? even if there was, it's its own accent
I (somewhat jokingly) maintain that people from most of California, and other regions surrounding, don't have accents. That's because Hollywood sets the standard, and we all watch movies.

I can guarantee I wouldn't suggest this if I wasn't from CA though. :p

Olikus

Smash Champion
I think Im closer to american english than british english. Even though Im from Europe.

Top Bottom