• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash @ Xanadu Weekly Tournament - Every Tuesday. Doors open at 6PM EST. Baltimore, M

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
actually had people show up this time, and actually practice/tourny. me, neo, conney, players from VA that are trying to get better were there. had almost 300 viewers iirc while we streamed the top 4, this was hyped.

see everyone next tuesday.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'll come next Tuesday Anthony. As long as there is at least 8-10 people (I don't care if there is a tourney, but I like different practice and to see different people).

:018:

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Yeah a lot of people came out. Definitely need to keep the weekly tournaments going to generate hype so more players will come out and more people will watch the stream.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
So I just got a new job that is from 12-9pm. So I virtually have to come past here to go home on Tuesday nights, so i'll probably start coming by late. When do you guys start the tournaments? So i'll probably be there from like 9:30-whenever you close.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Like 8 to 9. Good thing you didn't come. No one showed up for Brawl this week

:phone:

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
yup, a lot of Brawlers are coming out, along with Project M peeps and a few Melee heads

submediant

Smash Rookie
NNID
submediants
I'm going to try and start coming and get experience playing with more people (I go to UMBC, which as someone posted before is pretty close). Now, to learn how public transit works in this area...

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Oh if Bones isn't coming I feel no obligation to come anymore haha
Got stuff to do maybe next week

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I'm going to try and start coming and get experience playing with more people (I go to UMBC, which as someone posted before is pretty close). Now, to learn how public transit works in this area...
Number 35 bus from the UMBC loop to St. Agnes Hospital -> number 16 bus (around the corner from the 35 stop) to Vero Road (you'll see UPS building which is on the street you'll be taking, and Xanadu is next door to their parking lot).

I woulda came today but I'm waiting for packages. My baaad.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Had about 20 to 25 people come out last week, let's keep it going!

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
that definitely isn't happening, $10. Let's go

Bones0

Smash Legend
Not coming anymore. Some miscommunication + work at 6 am is a dumb obstacle. I think DJ and Paul are still going though.

Zeros

Smash Cadet
Xanadu open tonight? Apparently there's some fashion of epic snow storm blowing through, starting late Tonight (Tuesday) and into the Early Wednesday Morning. Some places getting anywhere from 12"-18" I definitely wanna come but no idea if everyone else is willing to brave the "Snow Storm" (watch the whole thing be nothing but rain... AGAIN... <_<;...)

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Xanadu open tonight? Apparently there's some fashion of epic snow storm blowing through, starting late Tonight (Tuesday) and into the Early Wednesday Morning. Some places getting anywhere from 12"-18" I definitely wanna come but no idea if everyone else is willing to brave the "Snow Storm" (watch the whole thing be nothing but rain... AGAIN... <_<;...)
Like Nintendude said, we aren't supposed to have snow until 12AM and even then it won't start sticking until later.

Top Bottom