• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 8th

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
Someone posted cutscenes planned to be used in story mode on the internet. Sakurai felt hurt by this, stating that his team went through a lot of effort to make a story mode. In the end, he decided to outright drop story mode (atleast this is what he told us).
No at first i thought he meant that too, but no, he means people keep putting videos to YouTube, but he wants players to achieve stuff to reach those videos, what he actually meant is "people are getting those fanservice videos without achieving anything in-game, that kills the mojo" get it? HE DOESNT WANT PEOPLE TO PUT VIDEOS FROM SMASH BROS TO YOUTUBE AFTER THE RELEASE. not the leak

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
Someone posted cutscenes planned to be used in story mode on the internet. Sakurai felt hurt by this, stating that his team went through a lot of effort to make a story mode. In the end, he decided to outright drop story mode (atleast this is what he told us).
No at first i thought he meant that too, but no, he means people keep putting videos to YouTube, but he wants players to achieve stuff to reach those videos, what he actually meant is "people are getting those fanservice videos without achieving anything in-game, that kills the mojo" get it? HE DOESNT WANT PEOPLE TO PUT VIDEOS FROM SMASH BROS TO YOUTUBE AFTER THE RELEASE. not the leak

Edit: accidentally done a double post

Last edited:

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
For a Smash Community that is supposed to support Sakurai, you guys have some rather unkind comments. The game comes out in like 5 days, people will know all of the characters and stages then (or before if someone breaks street date).

Also, this menu shows features that were previously not shown or in any of the leaks, so knowing Replays are back along with albums is better than last week's menus imo.

Show some support, guys. I'm sure Sakurai doesn't read these, but just be thankful he's showing us anything new, or anything at all.
I somewhat agree. But I can say that this pic would've been less underwhelming if he talked about at least the replays and said something like "You can now have replays over 3:00 minutes!".

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
I dont have a gif to show my disappointment..

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Sweet! Replay Mode Returns! Possible Miiverse/Youtube Functionality?
...Now tell me, Sakurai, what's in Group Mode? :3

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
For a Smash Community that is supposed to support Sakurai, you guys have some rather unkind comments. The game comes out in like 5 days, people will know all of the characters and stages then (or before if someone breaks street date).

Also, this menu shows features that were previously not shown or in any of the leaks, so knowing Replays are back along with albums is better than last week's menus imo.

Show some support, guys. I'm sure Sakurai doesn't read these, but just be thankful he's showing us anything new, or anything at all.
[quote="

I agree, but this menu was shown in the PICS GALORE LEAK, but that's none of my business......

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Sweet! Replay Mode Returns! Possible Miiverse/Youtube Functionality?
...Now tell me, Sakurai, what's in Group Mode? :3
Don't worry, that's tomorrow PotD... But in all seriousness, I don't know what people are reasonably expecting. I'm excited that replays are returning at all; in fact, I imagine the reason it's been mostly menus as of late is so he could show off as many modes as possible in the last few weeks. I can definitely put up with menus for four more days knowing that I'll finally get to see Ness this weekend regardless.

D

Deleted member

We got some new information. I'm not sure what people are so upset about here.

While menus aren't exactly the most interesting thing, we can hardly expect Sakurai to give us daily character trailers. Especially since it's so close to release.

IMO you should save your complaints until you get the game and can see what it has to offer. Sakurai offering us a sneak peak from a preset perspective is hardly anything to be riled up over in the first place.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
Why are some here so entitled to think they deserve a "good" PotD every other day? Sakurai doesn't even have to do something like this, and yet we've gotten a small bit of info about this game every day for the past year.

Regardless of what the info is, I'm glad he does it. No other game director does something like this.

I'm interested to see what my randomly selected trophy is compared to my friends'. :chuckle:

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
You people are pretty ungrateful. Now we know replays are back and on 3DS too! I just hope they're actual videos this time.

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
We didn't lose story mode because of leaks, but laziness to be honest.

Edit:Sorry i accidentally double posted, i don't know how to merge someone tell me.
Ooooorrrr he's just making more room for new features for the game ^_^

Demie Duken

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemieDuken
3DS FC
3136-7415-2711
Has anyone even noticed Records is in the Vault now instead of its own menu?

I suppose that'd be to reduce screen menu clutter on the 3DS, but I like to think it's a step in the right direction since I like to view my game records frequently. And it just makes sense.

Last edited:

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Huh, interesting that there isn't any stage creation in the new smash game, at least as far as being in the vault or single player modes, where I anticipated they would be. Maybe it will be Wii U exclusive, or nonexistent. I mean, I was never huge on stage making and such, but I did enjoy the ability to create glitches or boxes where you couldn't die.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
"YourTrophies" DID SAKUARI MAKE A MISTAKE ON THE INTERNET!?
Sakurai's English Miiverse profile is actually a translator, not Sakurai. His English Miiverse profile says, "Our staff is translating my posts."

I'm surprised anyone expected the stage builder to be in the 3DS version. That's something that's much better suited to the Wii U version. Honestly, I'm surprised the 3DS version is even getting replays.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Stage Builder: I suppose i'll get my chance... another day...

Monado of Time

Smash Rookie
People, let us not forget that it is Sakurai's wife who has been contributing to making the menus in smash appealing throughout the series.

Let us thank her in sakurai pic of the day post and lets flood the comment section to let her know that we appreciate her work! everyone deserves a thank you once in a while. :)

Last edited:

HONY

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-1450-7268
I hope the post-match screen or replay mode has a highlights feature the way Mario Kart 8 does. That's my favorite part when I'm playing with friends or at a party playing Nintendo!

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
*slams face into wall repeatedly*

WWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?

What the **** did we do in a past life to deserve two menus in a row? (Friday's pic showed the "Games and More" section)
Dude, it's just a pic of the day.

Smash 3DS comes out this Saturday in Japan anyways, so it doesn't matter what we get, all the info we'll ever want will be available this weekend.

As a graphic designer, seeing more of these menus tickles my fancy.
Aw yeah.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
He sure knows how to build hype moving toward release

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
I really like the idea of a Tips section. That could have a lot of potential! What if there are character-specific strategies, or they add in how to do certain techniques like pivot grabs or even options out of shield? It's definitely a step in the right direction for the fighting game aspect.

GameFreak0

Smash Rookie
EVERYONE! I understand Sakurai's plan now! He's just trying to post menu after menu to make us forget about the leak so that we'll be surprised when the game comes out!

Top Bottom