• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 3rd

GoldHazard

Smash Apprentice
did you read the text that came with the pics? Sakurai is insinuating we all accept pink suit as the original gravity suit.
As far as I remember, the gravity suit was always that strange bluish-purple suit since Super Metroid. It's just weird that pink would be labeled as a Gravity Suit Scheme as well.

...But hey, pink is in this season. Gotta keep up that flashy style.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
*shrugs* yeah neat and all sakurai.

Btu did you hear about project M lately? it just released a new alternate costume of C.falcon, the Retro falcon from the SNES promo art of F-Zero. You know....a complete new model and not just color swap.

Oh hey, yeah they also have a light suit ver. of samus.., a full new model and not a color swap ;o
This is kind of ironic because the PM team would be nothing if Sakurai didn't make the Smash games from scratch. The PM team only made a mod of a game. They aren't even capable of making an actual game on their own and even if they were Sakurai could've already created two smash games by the time they finish.

Oh wait.:4pacman:

James N.

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5335 0867 6499
*shrugs* yeah neat and all sakurai.

Btu did you hear about project M lately? it just released a new alternate costume of C.falcon, the Retro falcon from the SNES promo art of F-Zero. You know....a complete new model and not just color swap.

Oh hey, yeah they also have a light suit ver. of samus.., a full new model and not a color swap ;o
The sense of entitlement is strong with this one.

tENOR2

Smash Rookie
Does anyone else agree that the other four Villager costumes are really strange?:mewtwopm:

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
Sitting on a chair, letting my eyes burn.
Most Wanted:
Zelda - SS version
Ganondorf - HW version (could be DLC)
Peach - Shadow Queen, Daisy (already there)
Rosalina - Mario Kart suit
Megaman - Rockman, Zero
Sonic - Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, rest of gang
Pikachu - magician hat
Sheik - Impa (if not playable)
Luigi - Mr L
Toon Link - conductor, blue shirt versions

As far as I know, it's been confirmed that Sheik has an OoT alt, and that Zelda has a LBW alt.

Last edited:

MegaMango

Smash Cadet
As much as I hate having it this way, I hope that they will release character skins later in the future. These color palettes, although they look nice, is just pure laziness on the programmers part.

They have some excellent opportunities for fanservice here. Give Link his blue, Zora Armor Suit. Give Samus the REAL Light Suit. Give Mario his Tanooki Suit. Give Peach and Rosalina their MK Biker Suits... we could go on and on about this; it's really frustrating.

I find it dissapointing how newcomers (and not so newcomers) get complete new skins while veterans and iconic Nintendo characters do not.

I mean c'mon. Little Mac gets his Wire Frame skin and his Sweatsuit skin. Shulk gets simming trunks. ZSS gets her Fusion Zero Suit. Wario was the only one to have an alternate costume back in Brawl, and I found that appalling.

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
Guys, you do realize that Smash 4, unlike PM, has a DEADLINE they have to meet? & they've done more than enough fan service getting Megaman, Sonic, & Pac-man in the game alongside all our other favorite nintendo characters.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Guys, you do realize that Smash 4, unlike PM, has a DEADLINE they have to meet? & they've done more than enough fan service getting Megaman, Sonic, & Pac-man in the game alongside all our other favorite nintendo characters.
True, but people keep making comparisons between Smash 4 and PM anyway and saying how an unfinished mod is superior to a finished game that's not even released yet because muh fan service.

Comet FireClaw

Smash Cadet
8 palette swaps for every character! Amazing just amazing...... so not only are we getting 45+ character were also geting 9 different moves for each one and the wii u version will have even more features.

I love the different colors shown so far and the amount of extras being shoved in

I want to see some reskins of old customs from the series. Maybe even different voices too.

Im not picky, im just glad were getting a nice fully loaded game, sure we are not getting everything we want. But we are getting alot of improvements

I would love to see some actual costumes swaps though.

James N.

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5335 0867 6499
For real. Sakurai gets so little respect for all the content he makes from scratch and the smash series in general (and this time he's making TWO smash games). Apparently people think Sakurai can push a button and alternate costumes will just magically appear. That's not how game design works. People will continually complain and be entitled like when a pic of the day is not a character reveal despite the fact that Sakurai isn't obligated to keep us all so involved with development at all. Plus the man is literally working himself to death and screwed up his arm to make all these new levels, features, and characters but it's just never enough for some people. Sorry for the rant. Sometimes I just hate the Smash community for being one of the worst fanbases ever.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Silly people talking about leaks, I don't know why someone brought it up for this POTD.

I just wanted to come by and say that I will probably use Dark Samus colors everytime I play Samus now. Too bad she isn't a different character, but at least with her being an assist trophy I don't have to worry about Dark Samus being clonified. Funny how a dark version of a character behaves nothing like the original and fights in a completely different way.

Also, the pink suit is gravity suit from Super Metroid? The Super Metroid Suit in game looks purple to me. I haven't looked at the remake for Super Metroid though so whatevs. The Purple color is always the gravity suit to me.
I just hope I get to like using Samus again. She and Marth were the only characters in Brawl that felt worse in Brawl than they did in Melee. Very unlikely that she'll be my main though, too many other characters I love in Smash.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I can't tell if the "pink suit from Super Metroid looks purple" comments are jokes or not, because it definitely looks pink to me... but it's certainly not the same shade as Peach's dress like the one in the PotD is.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
It's a shame tbh, they look cool but it would've been awesome to see them go all out and have each suit look like the original in design as well as colour, that may be a bit much but It'd be awesome

gmanownyou

Smash Cadet
NNID
gmanownyou
3DS FC
0946-3091-2616
That Dark Samus suit looks awesome! That would be cool if there is a Dark ZSS or something

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Silly people talking about leaks, I don't know why someone brought it up for this POTD.
Because something matched up in the leak and I wanted to point that out, don't be a douche. I had a reason, plus I wanted to see how people reacted and to see if I can find evidence to see if the leak was related or not. I'd say I succeeded in such, as I didn't have to read through several links just to find the official leak and start scanning through all the posts to see if that part was even discussed.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Until now, you were only able to choose from four, or sometimes five or six colors for each character. This time, though, all characters have eight colors to choose from! The first four color schemes for Samus are based off her Varia Suit, Fusion Suit, Gravity Suit from Super Metroid, and the Dark Suit."

He included another picture and a comment: "…And here she is in the color schemes of the Gravity Suit from Metroid Prime, Green Samus (a regular in the Smash series), the Light Suit, and Dark Samus. A total of eight colors."

A third and final picture was included with the comment: "You can choose between four male and four female Villagers to play with. The designs for their faces and clothes are different. And here are the four Villagers we haven't shown you yet."

I wonder for robin will there be this?

Cen Silver

Smash Cadet
As far as I remember, the gravity suit was always that strange bluish-purple suit since Super Metroid. It's just weird that pink would be labeled as a Gravity Suit Scheme as well.

...But hey, pink is in this season. Gotta keep up that flashy style.
Any good 'Troid fan knows that's just a huge load of BS.

Not only Samus' s Gravy suit was never that pale of a pink, but also in Super Metroid her suit light were still green after she got it. NOT blue. -_-"

GoldHazard

Smash Apprentice
Any good 'Troid fan knows that's just a huge load of BS.

Not only Samus' s Gravy suit was never that pale of a pink, but also in Super Metroid her suit light were still green after she got it. NOT blue. -_-"
Well the suit was still purple, was it not? I wasn't discussing the finer details, I was just pointing out that I don't ever remember a pink gravity suit.

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Because something matched up in the leak and I wanted to point that out, don't be a douche. I had a reason, plus I wanted to see how people reacted and to see if I can find evidence to see if the leak was related or not. I'd say I succeeded in such, as I didn't have to read through several links just to find the official leak and start scanning through all the posts to see if that part was even discussed.
:applejack:
I wasn't trying to be a "douche", just chillax. I was just saying that I found it silly that people were talking about leaks in a POTD that had no intention of saying anything about any leaks. I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with that, I just find it funny as it made me have a giggle + smile.
So, sorry if it made you mad somehow.

I look at the first page a couple times and couldn't find the connection, but I was rather in a rush because I've been so busy lately that I don't have much time to look around on smashboards lately, so pardon my lack of knowledge on the leak. :bubblebobble:

Cen Silver

Smash Cadet
Well the suit was still purple, was it not? I wasn't discussing the finer details, I was just pointing out that I don't ever remember a pink gravity suit.
THAT IS MY POINT.

THERE IS NO PINK GRAVITY SUIT.

SAKURAI IS JUST MAKING UP BULLSH*T TO JUSTIFY THE PINK SUIT.

Top Bottom