• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 30th

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I was actually wondering about this solely because the Wii U version doesn't have outlines to begin with. Glad to see it's there because I love the idea of having your own costume and being on a team. Then, you're not forced into one of three colors. Hooray for eight colors.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Or you could man up and say no, I want to be blue / red.
Does playing video games all night with a woman who hasn't gotten her way sound like fun to you?

This also opens new doors... I could never stand being the Mario Bros Team because one was always off color. Now you can be Green Luigi and Red Mario and retain their iconic look on a team!

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Yeah, but if you have an enemy picking the same character as your teammate, it can get a little challenging distinguishing between the two... or if... you have an all Fox fight *shudder*

Aaaanyways, that's not much of a problem at all. You can still have both characters on each team pick the same color as their teammate be it red, green, blue, black, white, purple, etc.
Exactly! This is an easy fix. I for one am happy we don't have to pick specific colors anymore.

Malion

Smash Ace
Bombs are practically fire in a ball though.
So link kinda does have fire power.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
i don't understand why they've chosen this outline option in the first place. Just place the red/blue/yellow/green icon above the characters.
The icon isn't always showing. Not that it needs to I guess but it's what they want. I'd like it so you don't need to have any indication at all. Only if there are dittos.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I was really hoping this feature would be on the Wii U as well. My best friend and I only play team battles together and she only allows us to play as the Green Team... I am SO sick of every characters GREEN costume!
:-(

Last edited:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Don't be sad! You can still be a Red Fly Ninja, but be on the Green Team! That wasn't possible before!

Oooh, I wanna do
Zelda and Link VS. Ganondorf and Dark Link, &
Fire Suit Mario & Luigi VS. Fire Suit Rosalina & Peach!

The possibilities are endless. :-)

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
As soon as I see that Master Sword on fire, then Link can hang out with the hot crowd. :upsidedown:

TTrain

Official Terminator Train
NNID
ThomasTerminator
3DS FC
4613-7026-8628
It is far easier to tell your team member s apart by forcing them to be a color. This doesnt translate well at all on the Wii U version.
True, but do remember that not all characters have red/blue/green costume changes (i.e. Shulk)

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
I can barely notice this....as long as there is a colored arrow on top of each character as in previous games, i think it works better than this outlines thingy. But meh, that's just me. I don't really care about this, it's not like I will forget who am i playing with and against lol. This potd just makes me think sakurai is trying to avoid stages picts that confirms the rumors :p

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
I'm still mad at you, Sakurai...

Really? Dr. Mario? Dark Pit? No Isaac?

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
Awesome. I was wondering how team battles in the WiiU version would turn out, since some characters (like Shulk) don't have red, blue, or green palette swaps.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
What do you all think this means for Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings? I saw GameXplain's Q&A on the 3DS version and apparently if you select Jr. for a team, the next time you select Jr., the game seems to automatically select Larry. So what now?:confused:

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
It's not like that option doesn't exist though, team players can just organise to use the same colours among themselves if they have difficulty.

Also the lines apparently become thicker as you zoom out, they are only thin here because the camera is so close.
What about random?

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
that explode with fire typically.
It all comes back to combustion.
So if burnt my Wii U with a flamethrower does that mean it has firepower?

If i drank gasoline then somebody imminently through a match into my stomach does that mean i have firepower?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Sweet! Glad this feature carried over! And I like the "consistency" feature. It's pretty nifty, and huge relief. When I looked at the picture, I was all like "There goes team battles on the Wii U," but I reckon not! So, good!
Also, been waiting to use this.
Mario! Captain Falcon!

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Yes!! No more having to pick the color you don't want just to play team battle, I always hated the team colors this's a good fix.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Yes!! No more having to pick the color you don't want just to play team battle, I always hated the team colors this's a good fix.
lo9oking at it this way actually seems improving. Still I'd prefer to see no teamcolors at all. How hard can it be to know who your enemy is?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
lo9oking at it this way actually seems improving. Still I'd prefer to see no teamcolors at all. How hard can it be to know who your enemy is?
Fox only 2v2

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I will like no teamcolors too but some people will complain which I don't get why? You have to be color blind to not see what color you and your teammate is.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Maybe only when playing in a 8 players match :p but i agree in general we dont really need colors lol

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Very good! I kinda figured since 3DS was already doing it. Plus, it would be lame if the alt costumes couldn't be used just because of team battles.

Me likes

Top Bottom