• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 2nd

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
They went the Brawl way again?

I liked the random order in Melee! It made the mode less boring!
Agreed. I played Classic mode in Melee all the time, but couldn't stand it in Brawl because of the fixed order. It became way too predictable. Hurts to see this on All-Star, but maybe that means Classic is back to a randomized order? Oh well.

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
While I find this picture interesting, I don't see what everyone is getting so hyped about.
It's the Smash community. You could show them an empty screenshot and they'd still blindly blurt out that Ridley is confirmed or some other stupid thing like that for no good reason. It's annoying.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Not that I suspect Sakurai was acknowledging the leak, but I'm glad we have confirmation that the lock icon meant the leaker didn't have everybody open.

C'mon, Mewtwo... you can do it, buddy!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't see why today's pic have anything to do with the leaks. :/

Anyways, can't wait to play All-Star mode again! xD

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Also, at least we won't need to unlock all characters first in order to play the All Stars mode this time.

But its also good that unlockable characters are still in place.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Ice Climbers, Mewtwo, Wolf, and Ridley/King K are my four pics still. This roster, I still have faith it might end up ok.

Also, Palutena is a starter then I guess!!!!

Last edited:

Peter_Parker

Smash Cadet
NNID
thomfolk
3DS FC
3368-2346-7128
It's the Smash community. You could show them an empty screenshot and they'd still blindly blurt out that Ridley is confirmed or some other stupid thing like that for no good reason. It's annoying.
And that's why you love it so much???

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Wait a minute... So leaker got already all star mode! but it was incomplete list, soo that means, there even more characters, More than every I could wish for, Ice climbers, those idiots are back YES.
Finally Sakurai did something, but this feel more like "The leak forgot more details and he don't know nothing" than desconfirm it!

Potd- I really like this Rest Area! Is really feel like Melee rest area and is really fancy! I like!

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
The possible order of fights after Meta Knight: (Please note, I'm not sure if it's Japan only debuts, but that's what I'm going off of, Japan only.)

Mr. Game & Watch - 1980
Duck Hunt - 1984
R.O.B. - 1985
Dr. Mario - 1990
Wario - 1992
Ness - 1994
Pikachu, Charizard, Jigglypuff - 1996
Sheik, Ganondorf - 1998
Villager, Olimar - 2001
Toon Link, Bowser Jr. - 2002
Zero Suit Samus - 2004
Ike - 2005
Mii Fighter, Lucario - 2006
Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina & Luma - 2007
Shulk - 2010
Lucina, Robin, Dark Pit- 2012
Greninja - 2013

It could be out of order, but I tried my best based on Japan's release dates. Also note, that only the years are in order, not the individual days that the characters appeared in.
um... how about marth?

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Can someone please explain to me why this confirms that the leak was incomplete? I thought that I read that one of the leak pictures had all-star mode locked in it. Wouldn't this PotD deconfirm that since All-star mode is unlocked from the get-go? I'm probably mistaken about this i'm just looking for clarification.
The picture of All Star mode in the leaked picture had a lock on it, which would mean that not all the characters were unlocked at the time.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I wouldn't get too excited about this "confirming" more characters. We don't know when and what context the lock on all star mode was shown. We just have a screenshot of it. For all we know the Css was later in the video.
While this is true, I think the biggest case for optimism is the zany roster order. Not only are Dr. Mario, Lucina, and Dark Pit not in the right place, but Yoshi is also in the wrong place, and there are some blank spots left.

I was pessimistic before this POTD, but now I feel there is cause for optimism.

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
So 5 more character spots are open. Hmm. Maybe 4 more character spots and the 5th is an icon for DLC. Yeah you use the DLC icon to flip through DLC characters. So then the 4 remaining characters are dixie kong, mewtwo, chorus men and ridley while the DLC characters include wolf, lucas, ice climbers and snake. Who knows maybe even King K. Rool and Sukapon.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I don't see why today's pic have anything to do with the leaks. :/
As a few people have pointed out, part of the leak contained this same All-Star image, including the lock symbol. Sakurai has just confirmed the icon means not all characters are unlocked, so since the leaker had this at the time he posted his roster, it means his roster was incomplete.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
So 5 more character spots are open. Hmm. Maybe 4 more character spots and the 5th is an icon for DLC. Yeah you use the DLC icon to flip through DLC characters. So then the 4 remaining characters are dixie kong, mewtwo, chorus men and ridley while the DLC characters include wolf, lucas, ice climbers and snake. Who knows maybe even King K. Rool and Sukapon.
I'd agree that those extra spaces are likely, but don't expect that to be DLC. There's no way they'd only fill it with veterans. Besides I'm sure that Ice Climbers were cut due to technical issues, so they're unlikely to be returning at all this generation.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
The leaker did not have everything unlocked!

Hope for Isaac and other newcomers has now increased! I'm all hyped up!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Well the rumor is that the padlock was on it, which means that other characters were left to be added.

This also helps the theory that there are certain characters that can only be unlocked by linkin the 3ds and the wii u versions.
I really doubt that he'd lock characters like that. Some people don't have both, yet he's clearly said both have the same rosters. It's not fair to makes (Fighter X) unlockable by having to buy (System Y) just to get one fighter/stage.

Secondly, this also confirms that there is at least one more character in the leak; I'm putting my money on Ice Climbers (as a late addition) and Mewtwo. The reason it confirms it is because the leaked image also contained the lock in it's all-star mode; which means it's missing a character or two.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
How did you upload that youtube video?
I didn't upload it to youtube, but if you're talking about uploading here on this website, go to where the icon says media and then paste the link there.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
I just realized, and this is something I haven't seen anyone mention.

The screen says every fighter for themselves, and you will take on them in set conditions. Maybe even though the character picks will be linear, each battle against a specific batch of them will have different rules to them? Kinda like how Smash Run has a couple of different and random battles to make each game unexpected, this game's All-Star might just have something of that nature to compensate for the possible repetitiveness of the set character lineup.

Top Bottom