• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 16th

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I hope you realize that by hidden features he means the rest of the roster that he has yet to confirm, even though it was spoiled a day before the intended date of release.
I know, but I am one of those people who think that there might be some hidden additions to the roster to occur after the release of the 3DS version to hype the Wii U game.

Additions for both versions obviously for roster parity.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
I know, but I am one of those people who think that there might be some hidden additions to the roster to occur after the release of the 3DS version to hype the Wii U game.

Additions for both versions obviously for roster parity.
... People that have gotten the Japanese game already get the message for unlocking the full roster, there aren't any more hidden additions than the ones they've yet to show. The roster is the same in both games, there isn't gonna be any hidden addition like this.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
... People that have gotten the Japanese game already get the message for unlocking the full roster, there aren't any more hidden additions than the ones they've yet to show. The roster is the same in both games, there isn't gonna be any hidden addition like this.
Jeez, you're such a Debbie Downer. Let the man dream, huh? Besides, you don't know 100% for a fact that there won't be some sort of roster addition when the Wii U version is released.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well the full roster has been unlocked for NOW. There might be additions down the line and then there is always a possibility for DLC much later as well. Plus any extra char. on Wii U version can be added via update to the 3DS!

I agree with @ Dark Dude Dark Dude , I can still hope for it, can't I? 'Cause you never know...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
"You can only attack Gastly using items, but the Ghost has a perfect guard and reflects your attacks."

Call me crazy, but I think Sakurai watches Smogon in his spare time.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Jeez, you're such a Debbie Downer. Let the man dream, huh? Besides, you don't know 100% for a fact that there won't be some sort of roster addition when the Wii U version is released.
I do know for a fact, because Sakurai already stated before the games will have the exact same roster, the only differences being game modes like Smash Run, and the stages. Not only that, but he's said he wanted to make as complete a game as possible. The roster was planned from the start, I'm pretty sure it's staying as is for both versions.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I do know for a fact, because Sakurai already stated before the games will have the exact same roster, the only differences being game modes like Smash Run, and the stages. Not only that, but he's said he wanted to make as complete a game as possible. The roster was planned from the start, I'm pretty sure it's staying as is for both versions.
A common addition to both rosters won't really give them a different roster...

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
If the date for the Wii U version is really 11/21/2014, then we really don't have too many more important posts, considering he wants to do funny posts soon. Sounds like the Wii U version doesn't really have any exclusive feature for it beyond amiibo from the start. That's a shame if that really is it, in terms of exclusive features.

Malcolmnex

Smash Apprentice
i guess he got tired of people ******** for info. good for you sakurai!! pretty much said you guys aint getting anything new so... MENUS *****!!

Malcolmnex

Smash Apprentice
If the date for the Wii U version is really 11/21/2014, then we really don't have too many more important posts, considering he wants to do funny posts soon. Sounds like the Wii U version doesn't really have any exclusive feature for it beyond amiibo from the start. That's a shame if that really is it, in terms of exclusive features.
maybe a surprise direct? who knows

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Sounds like the Wii U version doesn't really have any exclusive feature for it beyond amiibo from the start. That's a shame if that really is it, in terms of exclusive features.
Besides Amiibo it will probably (and hopefully) have the modes missing in the 3DS version, those being Special Smash, Events and Tournament Mode. Events would've been nice for the 3DS version since it's supposed to be more of a personal experience than a multiplayer one, but the other two being left out makes sense. Hopefully they return in the Wii U version since they're more at home there.

Last edited:

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
RIP POTD.

I wonder if these can be used to help connect the vast smash community. I wonder if we should take up the charge and start posting our own pics/players/techniques/matches of the day?

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
RIP POTD.

I wonder if these can be used to help connect the vast smash community. I wonder if we should take up the charge and start posting our own pics/players/techniques/matches of the day?
Sharing replays on Reddit and/or here, as well as with people one knows would probably be a nice idea, especially since their limit isn't as short as it is in Brawl. Would definitely be cool to share random occurrences in matches, or just competitive matches to help one another.

LevelZeroToInfinity

Smash Rookie
Man, I'm really over this website and it's ********. Every time I see a PotD, one of the first comments I'll see is either "too late sakurai" or "ugh another menu" or "boring" or something. Guys, you DO realize that there are a crap ton of smash fans out there who possibly haven't seen the leak yet. There are people who actually still look forward to these pictures. Sakurai is probably aware that he isn't catering to you.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Lol. You went from absolutely positive, to at the end saying, "pretty sure." Exactly, man. You're not 100%. I'm pretty sure Sakurai also said at one point that the Villager from Animal Crossing isn't someone who would be in the game. Sakurai is a human being and is perfectly capable of changing his mind. They're already coming out with a patch in Japan that adds in Conquest mode and the game just came out a couple days ago. I don't think it's entirely out of the realm of possibility for them to add more content later on.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Well it was nice of him to explain his plans for the pic of the days and why he doesn't plan to talk about hidden content until the worldwide release. After all, not all people who buy and play smash are on smashboards.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
He sounds bitter. Also makes it sounds like he doesn't want to talk about the Wii U version because he wants POTD to be silly things... maybe there's nothing to tell anyway. Sounds like he sort of regrets doing it in the first place.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I think the smash community got really crazy about the PoTD. They expected it always to be information, and even if there was something hinted at the trailer, they expected it to be confirmed or deconfirmed by PoTD. They madeup their own rules for PoTD and were mad when Sakurai didn't follow them.

The PoTD gives us incredible access to the development of the game. How many major releases have done something similar or comparable? It's always been a blessing to have it so Smash fans don't be ungrateful because the focus is changing.

Last edited:

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
If you're playing with Diddy Kong, his Monkey Flip should work, too.
His Monkey Flip should work too? So you're saying sometimes it won't?

PATCH.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I'm hoping maybe closer to the Wii U release he'll start showing stuff off again? Like maybe some more stages, or exclusive trophies or something? Or maybe hopefully the Wii U's version of adventure mode?... Oh geeze there's not going to be one is there?

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
I don't mean to be rude or ungrateful in any way, but I just had to do this.

"I will not talk about hidden features until the game is released overseas."

TOO LAAAAAAAATE!!!

"Pic of the day won't focus on introducing new information anymore in the near future, but I hope to entertain you with interesting and funny photos like I originally intended to."

Thanks for correcting yourself, Sakurai-san!
Looks like it's back to trolling us, only this time, when no one's watching, but playing Smash!
Good call!

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
so what was that shadow thing from ridley a few weeks back? What we saw there was Pikachu walking out of screen followed by Ridley's shadow and as the shadowplay continues, there was this grabattack where he held pikachu... This was a Wii U only stage right? What if they just showed us that because it's a hint at future content that can only be unlocked from a certain point of date?

People claim to have the full roster right now, but there's still space left to make it a perfect rectangle so there's always a small chance. Here's still hoping for the hidden characters that will only available after the release of the Wii U version.

EnigmaticKnight

Smash Apprentice
It's kind of bittersweet because POTD was the only source for new information from Sakurai himself. Now that the game is out in Japan, and a lot of westerners with a Japanese 3DS streamed and uploaded all the hidden contents on YouTube, I guess you could say it was fun while it lasted.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
don't be so sharp. You knew what I was talking about so just talk along or shut up already.
Your salt isn't even tasty. You made a blatant mistake and he pointed it out. Don't attack him for it.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Yeah, I was pretty bummed not to see Events on the menus, as well.
Yeah, I was genuinly disappointed when I found out that there were no events. If they don't give the WiiU version events either, I'm gonna salt harder than ever.

Top Bottom