• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - October 8th

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
NO FUN
NO HUMMOR
SMASHBORADS ONLY

half life 3 confirmed.
I just said that because a guy did a really bad joke and got too many likes. I'm a fun person, too ;_;

Last edited by a moderator:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Did Sakurai just reveal Ness to those who didn't know about him avoiding spoilers? I know most people know by now, but Sakurai even put a "Secret Characters Unveiled" section on the main site. Seems a bit pointless with this pic of the day when he goes out of his way to avoid spoilers in my opinion.
When Smash 3DS was released worldwide, he stated he would start putting secret content in POTDs.

Frazal

Smash Rookie
NNID
Frazal
3DS FC
3711-7728-6721
Having not played all of earthbound, the gimmicks on this stage don't do much for me.

The stage and music are still beautiful though, one of my favorites in the game.

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
I love all of the attention bring given to the Mother series in this installment, even with Lucas being cut.

I sincerely hope an additional character from EarthBound will be playable in a probable SSB5. Maybe Prince Poo?

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
5 flying men at a time? Stage unplayable.
Don't worry, that's a mistranslation. What Sakurai meant to say is "Flying Man will only appear a maximum of five times."

Funny, though... stuff like this makes leaks so much harder to follow when people try to use his quotes to prove/debunk them.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. The Flying Men that appear in the Magicant stage will ally with the first fighter that touches them. Watch out for their flying cross-chop attacks! They also accumulate damage, and a grave gets erected every time a Flying Man falls in battle. And of course, only up to five Flying Men can appear at a time."

"Mr. Sakurai, why would you unveil Ness to the world if he's in a secret character list?"

"Have you ever made a game?"

beauhappyday

Smash Rookie
That bird dude is totally cheap... he was kicking my butt the other day. I'm glad I saw this, now I know to always get to him first!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Chicken dude is so broken definitely S Tier

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
The Magcant stage is wonderful unti flying show up.
I can't think about flying man when I face Solo Mode 9.0 Nothing harder-Team Ness with a flying man on its side. It was hell but somehow I did manage to do it with Olimar power because at least...

You can grab Flying Man and easy to knock him out is have medicore damage.(Yes I survived of this and no continued. Heck even I complete the solo mode for the first time in 9.0. Horrible but worth it.)

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I'm seriously fine with all the other hazards but this one. I love this stage. So far there's not clear "Hanonbow" (one stage that I will never touch because it sucks that much), but none of them are really stages that I'd play on in a tournament (BF, FD, YI are the only ones that are good)

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Another 3ds potd? BOOOOOORIIIING. Sakurai just stick with the wii u potds, the release date is close and we know barely anything about it, for god's sake

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I was so happy when I Ness showed up as an new challenger both because I was glad he made it in, and also because he seemed to come with an Earthbound stage I actually liked. Then I played on the stage to try him out after unlocking, and this guy shows up.

The concept and character are both cool, but it totally screws up 1v1 battles. I really wish we had gotten the ability to turn off hazards instead of FD modes for all stages.

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
Why the hell are people berating Sakurai for posting this he clearly said on release date
"Pic of the day. Finally, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is being released overseas. Congratulations!! With the game released globally, from here on out I'll be posting about some of the hidden elements in the game. However, for now they'll only trickle down a little bit at a time. I'll be done with posting new pics by the end of the year, so I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the ride."

He clearly says he'll be posting hidden elements why are you guys so surprised it's out in the open like this?

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Interestingly, sometimes the AI will attack a neutral Flying Man instead of recruiting him. I was fighting a Lv. 9 Charizard on Magicant, and when the third Flying Man showed up, Charizard went over to his island, fully charged a forward smash, and killed it. Meanwhile, I'm on the opposite side of the stage, in no danger of snagging it before the AI. I have no idea what possessed it to do that!

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
Interestingly, sometimes the AI will attack a neutral Flying Man instead of recruiting him. I was fighting a Lv. 9 Charizard on Magicant, and when the third Flying Man showed up, Charizard went over to his island, fully charged a forward smash, and killed it. Meanwhile, I'm on the opposite side of the stage, in no danger of snagging it before the AI. I have no idea what possessed it to do that!
Charizard is pissed with you and it wants a one on one.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
The Flying Man is so annoying! So there I am, fighting some CPUs, and then I accidently smash an opponent into the Flying Man, and he just goes ape **** and starts to kick the teeth out of my character. What a ****.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
This is a forum for competitive discussion. Almoxt everyone hates fun here. I don't even know why I haven't left yet.
Ummmm I'm going to have to disagree with that statement whole heartily. The reason many people play competitively is because they consider it to be more fun than playing just casually. Not to mention, I enjoy fun! D: Not sure why you feel this way :p I seriously consider Smashboards to be for all those who enjoy Super Smash Bros. either casually, competitively or in between.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Ah the Flying Man. How many times have I died to that crazy character because some dumb CPU hit him before I could get to him? Good times lol XD

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
****ing FIVE OF THEM AT A TIME?!

I thought magicant was pretty tame even with the flying man but FIVE OF THEM AT A TIME?!!? BANNED

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
****ing FIVE OF THEM AT A TIME?!

I thought magicant was pretty tame even with the flying man but FIVE OF THEM AT A TIME?!!? BANNED
It was referring to the fact that only five of them could appear during the course of the match. Once the fifth one dies, no more will appear.

This is a reference to the fact that, in Eartbound (and I believe Mother 1 as well), the Flying Men can assist you in battle as you traverse trough Magicant, and every time one dies, you have to go back to their house to have another one aid you. There's only five Flying Men as well.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
It was referring to the fact that only five of them could appear during the course of the match. Once the fifth one dies, no more will appear.

This is a reference to the fact that, in Eartbound (and I believe Mother 1 as well), the Flying Men can assist you in battle as you traverse trough Magicant, and every time one dies, you have to go back to their house to have another one aid you. There's only five Flying Men as well.
Oh i see. As long as one of them can exist at a single point, i still think it could work as a legal stage.

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
So lets just say that the Flying man was disabled somehow.
Would the stage even be legal? Probably not.

lob

Smash Cadet
NNID
FunkyLobster
3DS FC
0877-1680-1612
So lets just say that the Flying man was disabled somehow.
Would the stage even be legal? Probably not.
no, since **** still pops up in the corners of the map. i think itd be a neat little map if it were just left alone with its regular platform layout, but **** no magicant is not a legal stage

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Cool/pretty image! I hope to experience this Magicant stage sometime...the Flying Men don't seem too detrimental, although I can see how they could be an issue for competitive play.

"First one to touch them" as the designator for control seems a bit too simplistic for me... :glare: I would have liked it to be that they act as Smash Balls in concept, flying about with a set amount of HP and not interfering in the fight. Whoever gets the last hit on a given Flying Man earns that particular Flying Man as an ally. Granted, people could "steal" the last hit like you can do with Smash Balls, but at least there's a bit more work involved than just conveniently standing next to them..

Don't worry, that's a mistranslation. What Sakurai meant to say is "Flying Man will only appear a maximum of five times."

Funny, though... stuff like this makes leaks so much harder to follow when people try to use his quotes to prove/debunk them.

Thanks to both of you for clarifying the "a maximum of 5 Flying Men can appear over the course of a single match" tidbit; I wish that had been more clearer in the English translation..

Why the hell are people berating Sakurai for posting this he clearly said on release date
"Pic of the day. Finally, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is being released overseas. Congratulations!! With the game released globally, from here on out I'll be posting about some of the hidden elements in the game. However, for now they'll only trickle down a little bit at a time. I'll be done with posting new pics by the end of the year, so I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the ride."

He clearly says he'll be posting hidden elements why are you guys so surprised it's out in the open like this?
Good point. Probably because it's such a casual reveal for Ness (when veterans usually get a "Veteran fighter approaches!" tagline or something along those lines), along with this particular hidden element being shown not even a full week after the English release of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. But as Masahiro Sakurai has already warned/stated that he will be posting about hidden elements from now on through the Super Smash Bros. 4 Picture of the Day series, then this post was perfectly warranted (although I guess it sucks for people who either missed that particular warning and/or started following the Picture of the Day after that particular warning).

Last edited:
Top Bottom