• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - October 8th

Newt Floss

Smash Journeyman
In this case, no, they aren't. Flying Man probably should have been an assist trophy or something.
In this case especially, yes, they are. The Flying Men are included as a tribute to Earthbound. You know... the game that this stage is based on. The five Flying Men and their gravestones give this stage personality. There's more to a great Smash stage than just platforms with nice visuals. "The reason why Smash Bros has been so successful for over fifteen years is because it has pretty platforms," said no one ever.

Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BigUglyMan-Doll
I'm glad to finally have an EarthBound stage that isn't a town/city (though I love Onett and am thrilled to see it will return as well). The fact that gameplay footage from MOTHER and EarthBound plays in the background is a really nice touch. I was pretty pleased when I first saw that, though I'm not sure why MOTHER 3 gets no love.

Also, I love Flying Man.
FLYING MAN!

Whoosh!

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Ummmm I'm going to have to disagree with that statement whole heartily. The reason many people play competitively is because they consider it to be more fun than playing just casually. Not to mention, I enjoy fun! D: Not sure why you feel this way :p I seriously consider Smashboards to be for all those who enjoy Super Smash Bros. either casually, competitively or in between.
Casual play doesn't have it's own subforum. ;3

...So I'll talk about it anyway.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
People play competitively because they find it more fun why is that so hard for people to understand....
Big tournaments with big crowds and money on the line are big deals, and definitely meant to be taken seriously. That doesn't sound so fun, and more like too much pressure.

...I said big a lot. Ridley confirmed.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Can you explain the joke? Omega forms of stages have no platforms. Unless you really just have a hard time with reading comprehension.
"A terrible stage with no platforms and matchup problems"
There is no way to interpret that as him talking about the Omega form. Because none of the Omega forms have platforms. Magicant regularly has 5 platforms. That's all I was saying.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
In this case, no, they aren't. Flying Man probably should have been an assist trophy or something.
Hazards are fun for some and not fun for others. Personally, if I'm having a free for all battle with items, bring on the hazards. Of its a one on one battle with no items, leave the flying man at home! I never use the Megaman stage because of the huge a** giant exploding yellow man.

TunaAndBacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TunaAndBacon
My theory is that they were making Hawlucha a character, and two moves in they scrapped him and turned him into flying man.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I don't play Mother but lol, I honestly think this chicken guy would make a good playable character, he probably was playable until Sakurai denied it and just made him a stage hazard instead.

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
I love how Ness has just been casually shown to us in this Pic.
"...Oh. I'm sorry. We thought you KNEW he'd still be in. Y'know, what with us vaguely hinting at the fact that Franklin Badges still exist; oh and of course Lucas making the cut and all."

Top Bottom