• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - November 11th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. In earlier Smash Bros. games, the Temple served as a prototypical large stage. Now it's remastered beautifully in HD."

He continued, saying "The one large change we made to this stage is this Hylian text. I wonder what it says? Also featured in this pic is Link in Fierce Deity colors."

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Honestly this was one of my favourite stages for stock matches growing up.

Competitive? Who the hell cares? You could get insane damage percentages in that cavern, and could cat and mouse all over the place. So glad to see it return.

Now I just wonder which cleverclogs Hyrulian expert will be the first to translate that text.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Yeah its nice,but why look at the pic when we can see glorious game play thanks to youtubers and leakers alike, The text says MAH BOI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
or it could say IT BURNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS:joyful::troll:

The Quarter Master

Smash Apprentice
I'm very happy to see this stage returning yet again, and with an HD upgrade as well. When Mewtwo is finally implemented, I'm going to have a fun time getting blasted with all the Melee nostalgia.

Now if only Roy returned as DLC...
DlcRoyKakusei.jpg

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
It's so beautiful! Now, if only they would fix the broken taunt button, it would be TAUNT PARTY ON!!

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926
TRANSLATION NEEDED ASAP.

it's probably nothing.... there could be a chance that it reveals a SECRET NEW DLC.

It's still probably just says Smash Bros in Hyrulian...

Last edited:

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
It looks so good in HD. Also, Wave 3 Amiibo confirmed!

And you guys said we wouldn't get third party character Amiibo. XP

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Did everyone notice that every single character in the pic is a Zelda character of some sort? I see what you did there Sakurai.

Bomber913

Smash Cadet
NNID
ferrer3
3DS FC
3523-2231-5548
It looks so good in HD. Also, Wave 3 Amiibo confirmed!

And you guys said we wouldn't get third party character Amiibo. XP

Great..... Nintendo might as well just take my wallet and bank account.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
It's in Wind Waker Hylian

In Japanese it says.
スマッシュ ブラザ-ズ

Translated to English it says.
"Smash Brothers"

Last edited:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Curious how we see Fierce Deity Link using the Hero's Bow. It is speculated that the very Hero's Bow that TP Link acquires was that brought back from Termina by the Hero of Time. In this pic, we see the [possible] rejoining of said hero with his bow, as the FD skin is over TP Link's design. A transgression of time and space, necessitating the venue of Smash Bros. to once more use this rightful bow.

Furthermore, the characters chosen in the pic are, according to their skins:
  • Link
  • Zelda
  • Sheik
  • Ganondorf
  • Classic Link
  • Fierce Deity Link
  • Dark Link
  • Ganon
If indeed the Hylian text reads "Young Link", then perhaps they're suggesting the Fierce Deity Skin is Melee's Young Link transformed and thus, he has survived to a degree.

Last edited:

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
that link costume would have blown our minds more if we didnt know about it. Stage looks great! TO THE BOTTOM!

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
I've always thought that this is how Temple SHOULD be played. with more players than we thought possible! Also OMG THE HYLIAN

D

Deleted member

Its nice how they have normal Link, Red Zelda (who is actually based off of Zelda from Zelda 2, which is where temple comes from!), Shiek, and Ganondorf alongside Classic Link colored Toon Link, Pig Ganon Ganondorf, Fierce Deity Link, and Dark Link (who originated in Zelda 2). A really cool homage to the non-Toon side of the Zelda franchise with those colors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Farorae

Smash Ace
My favorite stage is back! Wouldn't be smash without it. And wow it's crazy how much a difference HD makes, I thought the fierce deity looked great on 3ds but WOW looks awesome here!

Top Bottom