• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - May 30th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Here's a first look at the bottom-screen display for the Nintendo 3DS. Your name will appear in the area above the accumulated damage. And if you tap one of the fighter displays…!"

He included a second picture saying "…You can highlight that fighter on your screen. This is useful when you want to get back at a particular opponent. You can also highlight yourself if you need to keep better track of where you are. This is a great benefit to having your own individual screen."

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
hahahaha
no more sheik vanish guessing
alright guys you don't have to like this anymore
i just had 29 notifications LOL
>_>

Last edited:

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
Cool, so in team battles I can highlight my ally just in case those colored outlines are hard to see

proxibomb

Smash Clown
I don't know if I'd enjoy this highlighting thing. Personally, I won't use it - but I can see others taking use of it pretty well.

The bottom screen looks lovely though!

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
so far I haven't been excited and hyped for the 3DS version, but I don't know why but these images actually make me excited for it. However I am still way more hyped for the Wii U version. Can't wait!

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
What a huge nerf to characters that can mind-game or teleport.

This is also a buff to characters who need such a targeting system. Characters like Link and Ike could definitely use this to their advantage against Zelda, Sheik, Pikachu and Fox, due to their rather fast recoveries. This makes them outright predictable now and could land them in a bad spot within the metagame, as the targeting system can be used as a technique.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
People saying that this destroys teleport and mind games associated with it have to keep in mind that this might not be the case. I personally think that the outlines might disappear then reappear once the character becomes visible again. Of course this might be foolish wishful thinking, but after getting so many things right in a row, we should give Nintendo some credit.

Tackman91

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tackman91
3DS FC
0259-0399-7980
Look at all that damage Link took. Link confirmed for lowest tier again.

Last edited:

Domo-dono

Smash Cadet
NNID
K3ptSecret
3DS FC
4425-2815-8686
Well I don't exactly see anywhere in Sakurai's words stating that you can precisely follow a teleport. I think it might just be a visual indicator showing where a particular player is 'visibly' on the map. It might be for those who are somewhat visually impaired, or struggle to find a particular player as a result of Teams no longer being based on color palette. Y'know, things like that.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
One of the better updates in a while that's not a character reveal. I'm always interested in the aesthetics and the things tied into it.

Having said that, Mario's name is off center. Wonder why that is? Maybe the letters shake when taking damage.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I kwonder how this will be handled with Rosalima/Luma, Olimar/Pikmin and the Ice Climbers. Maybr there are two boxes for rosa and the climbers and olimar gets a big box and a pikmin exits the box when thrown

IKEkameHAMEha

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5300-8881-3567
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Here's a first look at the bottom-screen display for the Nintendo 3DS. Your name will appear in the area above the accumulated damage. And if you tap one of the fighter displays…!"

He included a second picture saying "…You can highlight that fighter on your screen. This is useful when you want to get back at a particular opponent. You can also highlight yourself if you need to keep better track of where you are. This is a great benefit to having your own individual screen."

wheres the timer or stock or rules will it be on the bottom screen or top hhmmm...

Clocked

Smash Apprentice
How do we know that the reticle won't go away when characters like Sheik turn invisible?

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it seems most people are saying this will get rid of the predicting for teleports, but the characters disappear and reappear pretty quick, don't they? I also hope they programmed it to disappear and reappear with the player.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I really don't think that the labels will give away positions. In Brawl, the markers disappeared when you teleported. I really don't see why they wouldn't do that again. Anyways, it looks quite useful since things won't be as clear on the 3DS.

Last edited:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Im glad the percentage and icons are on the bottom screen, it frees up space at the top screen so now it does not seem cluttered.
The downside now being you have to take your eyes away from the action to check percentages.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Nice to see an update on the 3DS version. Also, that Samus is a boss.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Hm... sounds legit. It's not a bad use.

Randoman

Smash Cadet
For some reason I'm more hyped for the 3DS version than the Wii U version. Anyways, on topic here, this is an awesome update. I'm guessing the bars above the character could represent stocks, coins (if they decide to bring that back), KOs, ect

IKEkameHAMEha

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5300-8881-3567
For some reason I'm more hyped for the 3DS version than the Wii U version. Anyways, on topic here, this is an awesome update. I'm guessing the bars above the character could represent stocks, coins (if they decide to bring that back), KOs, ect
nah thats where the names will be

Top Bottom