• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - May 27th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. The rocket belt from Pilotwings lets you fly upward by jumping. This is a really useful item for characters that have weaker recoveries. By the way, is that cape fireproof?"

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Of course that cape is fireproof.

Nothing burns Ike, he only burns you.

Why?

Because he's Ike, b*tches.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Looks like Ike will be keeping his meh recovery, since he was used as an example. Oh, and it might not be the end of the Bunny Ears. They function differently than this new item and still have their place.
Edit: Wow, forgot about the ZSS pics. Nevermind.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Can you attack while USING it,as in airborne?

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Why are these not being posted until the middle of the day now? Used to be you guys had these up by the time I woke up, but the last couple days they weren't up until noon or later, so I have to go to the Miiverse website itself.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Interesting that Sakurai notes the bad recoveries being fixed with this item and the one wearing it being Ike. I'd feel like Little Mac would be the best example we have so far. Maybe they nerfed Ike's recovery?

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
Interesting that Sakurai notes the bad recoveries being fixed with this item and the one wearing it being Ike. I'd feel like Little Mac would be the best example we have so far. Maybe they nerfed Ike's recovery?
Or maybe Ike is the newest reveal so he felt like he should be in the picture so we can see more of him?

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Or maybe Ike is the newest reveal so he felt like he should be in the picture so we can see more of him?
That's kind of what I'm hoping. I don't think that it needed a harsh nerf or anything. While it was kind of strong as far as the hits it did and the fact that he resisted hitstun fairly well, I feel like it didn't need a distance change.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Now you're just trolling us, aren't you, dev team? You have to know everyone's expecting Ike info, then yesterday's pic was unrelated to him and today's shows him, but isn't about him.

I'm not gonna be that guy and flip out unnecessarily or anything, but I can see them sitting there with big ass trollfaces right now. >_>

Last edited:

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Now you're just trolling us, aren't you, dev team? You have to know everyone's expecting Ike info, then yesterday's pic was unrelated to him and today's shows him, but isn't about him.

I'm not gonna be that guy and flip out unnecessarily or anything, but I can see them sitting there with big *** trollfaces right now. >_>
Just watch them not make any mention of him at E3... or even make him playable.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
I feel like he probably nerfed Ike's recovery considering it was kind of OP in brawl IMO.
No.
That's kind of what I'm hoping. I don't think that it needed a harsh nerf or anything. While it was kind of strong as far as the hits it did and the fact that he resisted hitstun fairly well, I feel like it didn't need a distance change.
And No.
As a Link main who had to suffer through Brawl's atrocities for years, he had seriously better not nerf another character that doesn't need it. I seriously will not buy this damn game if he does.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
INB4 Rob will be cut because this item "replaces" his functions.
Ah... that is right, I forgot that the screwball meant Samus wasn't in Melee, and that the blaster meant Fox, Falco, and Wolf werent in any smash games.

Malion

Smash Ace
Lol i will try to combine the jetpack, bunny hood and racoon leaf into a real recovery fiend.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Well well, I think this could be the only tournament viable item, mon ami. Seeing as this, so far, inflicts no damage and has no side effects, plus its arrangements of giving poor recovering characters a chance, at the least.

Gladiator

Smash Apprentice
Well well, I think this could be the only tournament viable item, mon ami. Seeing as this, so far, inflicts no damage and has no side effects, plus its arrangements of giving poor recovering characters a chance, at the least.
No item will ever be tournament viable that doesn't come from a character itself, i.e. links bombs. Just because it inflicts no damage and has no side effects doesn't mean its exactly fair. The bunny hood never made it in, did it? besides, while it would increase the recovery of some people who need it, it would also boost that of those who don't need it, making it even easier for them to get back on stage and even harder to edgeguard them.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
No item will ever be tournament viable that doesn't come from a character itself, i.e. links bombs. Just because it inflicts no damage and has no side effects doesn't mean its exactly fair. The bunny hood never made it in, did it? besides, while it would increase the recovery of some people who need it, it would also boost that of those who don't need it, making it even easier for them to get back on stage and even harder to edgeguard them.
However, my point is, is to set the item bar to its lowest (not None) and have this item as a desperate situation if needed for a character with a bad recovery, and not give it to the ones with good recoveries, henceforth a balance and moderation standard.

jdawg99

Smash Journeyman
No.

And No.
As a Link main who had to suffer through Brawl's atrocities for years, he had seriously better not nerf another character that doesn't need it. I seriously will not buy this damn game if he does.
I think nerfed is the wrong word. I think it was glitchy. Considering his sword would go through anything including solid walls. They need to make it less glitchy.

Top Bottom