• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - May 26th

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Jesus, they're putting thought into just about EVERYTHING. Seriously, I don't think there's a single part of the old games that isn't getting at least a minor revamp or rework or update. The dedication this team is showing is crazy.
Well when you take into consideration of how poorly Wii U sales have been you will go the extra mile to save it. Especially with a game like Smash that is said to be the 'saving grace' of this console and MANY ppl including Nintendo are relying on it to bring them back up to par.

The Nintendo Wii on the other hand did extremely well and had tremendous sales which is why Brawl didn't have problem (funny how that worked out).

To think of all that weight Sakurai is carrying on his shoulders. I have faith in this project as much as the next man.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
To answer your question, yes I have. All of them, all purchased on release day. To the second question, other people have covered my point pretty well, especially @Flic Rair , because messing with some character's designs makes them not their character anymore, while changing Mario around is nothing new. Nintendo changes Mario's detail every game. The villager hasn't changed through his games at all, other than the smoothing of edges.
You both missed my point.
Mario never looked that detailed like he did in Brawl. there's no game where his clothes have such fine texture of real clothing. That's just my point. I'm not even talking about Game&Watch since he's a 2D model and some sort of a joke compared to the real characters...

Anyways, you just can't deny the lack of detail when you see this pic of Ike and female Villager... I don't really care about the original artstyle, i'd just like to see the characters blend well together.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
You both missed my point.
Mario never looked that detailed like he did in Brawl. there's no game where his clothes have such fine texture of real clothing. That's just my point. I'm not even talking about Game&Watch since he's a 2D model and some sort of a joke compared to the real characters...

Anyways, you just can't deny the lack of detail when you see this pic of Ike and female Villager... I don't really care about the original artstyle, i'd just like to see the characters blend well together.
Well then, to support your point and mine simultaneously, Villager has never looked as detailed as he does now. Not even his latest game or his home console game. His clothes have some of the same types of texture and small details as Mario does in this game. Unlike brawl, you can see in smash 4 that the graphics are much more cartoonish and bright rather than deeply textured and hyper realistic. You could easily argue that brawl mario is more detailed than smash 4 mario, even though I like the smoother look personally.

In respects to Ike, I personally don't think he looks too bad. For one, he was just revealed to be coming back, and as it has been said by Sakurai, all things are not in their final forms until the game is released. I agree that the picture of Ike on the smash site really close up looks kind of clunky, but again, he's not finalized and still has the cartoon look the rest of this game is aiming for.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
Ew, Wii Fit Trainer. Disgraceful.

The platforms are nice though.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Definitely loving how much effort the team is putting into every detail. Kudos to Sakurai and the team for making a great game!

dannyrom288

Smash Rookie
NNID
dannyrom288
I'm very happy about how much work is going into the smallest of details in this game, but I'm really curious about the changes (big and small) being made to the physics engine. I doubt that Sakurai will post anything about that aspect of the game, but I'd really like some daily pictures showing off some of the technical tweaks of Smash 4.

Brilliant platforms by the way. Does anyone else agree that they looks like something out of Halo 4, though?
Halo, definitely. I lean more on the "Transformers" thought, though.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Wow. When Dedede was a lad he must have eaten four dozen eggs every morning to help him get large.
But now that he's grown he probably eats five dozen eggs so he can stay roughly as large as a barge.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Jeez, it's amazing how much Sakurai is willing to consider to make the game visually communicative. From this, to the "KO lightning", to the coloured streams signifying who got the KO, it's all really great. I'm hoping the smoke = hitstun and star trail = fastfalling theories prove true, because they also support the effort Sakurai is making.

Last edited:

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
This may be good to some people but I use to love to abuse the old way the platforms would work

In Basic Brawl with :wario: when I re-spawned I would wait for someone to grab an item under me and surprise them with a fast fall almost full charged fart (cause it has a lot more knockback). Then spam up taunt and laugh with wario after I claim there stock with my fart.

:wario: basic brawl troll OP.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
That is sweet. The fact that they are putting so much thought into this game that something as small as revival platforms get re-done to become more helpful shows just how far they are willing to go to make this the best Smash game yet. I am impressed and delighted.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
"The color of the bottom mechanism changes from yellow to red to warn you how much time you have left before you drop into the fray."

I could marry whoever came up with that idea.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Messing with villager's design is akin to messing with G&W's design. No matter how advanced the technology has gotten Villager has had the same design basis. Mario has changed over the years to match the new technology.
I guess the only way to know is if they add Amaterasu ;)

Fig Newton

Smash Cadet
NNID
Figglypuff
I really the design of the recovering platforms! What really fascinates me is that it actually tells you when you are about to enter the field with the change of colors at the bottom of the platform. It's really the small touches that makes the game look so breathtaking! :joyful:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Even the spawning platform that no one thinks twice about gets a somewhat worth while update. I would like though, for a future Smash Bros title to have character specific spawn platforms kinda like what Super Smash Flash 2 had for a while, I always felt that was a neat touch for that game and I'd like to see it come bck in Smash Bros game, fan game or not.

Your local Hipster

Smash Apprentice
Guys check out my peoples challenge contest video on Instagram @just_justinnn!!! Plus we all know DDD is gonna win!!

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
*In a high pitched, annoying and smartass-y voice*

"Ogh, but Sakurai is clearly wasting his time just making some platforms look pretty instead of focusing on creating a half-decent game. Clearly the guy knows his priorities, ahyuck."

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Even the spawning platform that no one thinks twice about gets a somewhat worth while update. I would like though, for a future Smash Bros title to have character specific spawn platforms kinda like what Super Smash Flash 2 had for a while, I always felt that was a neat touch for that game and I'd like to see it come bck in Smash Bros game, fan game or not.
would indeed be cool, but i don't think every character has something that would fit...
the smash platforms keep them invulnerable and safe...

no wav3dashing bc its 4 casualz
I really wouldn't mind if wavedashing was removed... It looks stupid anyways

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There are six diamonds with two rows on DeDeDe's hammer.

6/2 = 3

OHMYGOD HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!

Last edited:

Ash4830

Smash Rookie
So if you stay on it till it breaks or whatever will you not be untouchable for a short time anymore?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So if you stay on it till it breaks or whatever will you not be untouchable for a short time anymore?
I don't know. Did it say that? I don't think so. Problem solved.

Top Bottom