• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - May 16th

Shin F.

Smash Master
Like Dry Bowser or Dr Mario? I suppose the only exeption to this rule would Marth getting a lucina skin or Sonic getting Shadow (even though I'd prefer a sonic boom skin or Sonic dressed as link from the list worlds zelda dlc)
I don't think Shadow as Sonic would work, they're not the same at all. But Lucina as a Marth costume might if she's disguised as Marth at the time.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I hadn't thought of this til now but I'm curious, since female Villager and male Wii Fit Trainer are essentially alternate costumes in at least a similar sense as Wario, does that mean they get their own set of colors as well?
In Brawl each character had 4 to 6 colors total counting defaults except of course Wario who had 12, 6 for his WarioWare costume and 6 for the classic costume so hopefully this continues.
And before someone brings it up, I wouldn't be sure about counting Wire Frame Mac in this case yet cause that could very well just be a color swap given more effort kinda like Dark Link and Toon Dark Link in Brawl.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Lol these crappy faces... Im gonna have fun smashing those in
the only face that's getting smashed is your character's... by my villager 6 that is ^^

I hadn't thought of this til now but I'm curious, since female Villager and male Wii Fit Trainer are essentially alternate costumes in at least a similar sense as Wario, does that mean they get their own set of colors as well?
In Brawl each character had 4 to 6 colors total counting defaults except of course Wario who had 12, 6 for his WarioWare costume and 6 for the classic costume so hopefully this continues.
And before someone brings it up, I wouldn't be sure about counting Wire Frame Mac in this case yet cause that could very well just be a color swap given more effort kinda like Dark Link and Toon Dark Link in Brawl.
Well that's the big question... it doesn't matter what type of villager, WFT or little mac you'll choose... the name stays the same. But does this also apply for Peach's Daisy-costume, Captain Falcon's Blood Falcon costume etc.?

Of course there's a ton more of characters who can have different skins but keep the same charactername... Samus would be awesome in her Light- or Dark Suit from MP2: Echoes and other suits like the Phazon suit from MP3: Corruption.

But there's the big question: is an alternate swordfighter from Fire Emblem still called Marth? I'm very curious to how Sakurai is going to handle this...

I guess we'll only get AC's for characters where it would be logical to have... Though it could still happen, but some characters I'd rather see as new playables instead of AC's...

Another question by the way that comes to mind;
Does Villager have a voice or anything male-sounding? Because the female version would sound different of course... Would there be a unique soundset for the alternate characters? I believe the gender difference doesn't really matter for villager but WFT - since they have a voice - should have a male voice for the male version...

Last edited:

TheLegendOfVenusaur

Smash Apprentice
the only face that's getting smashed is your character's... by my villager 6 that is ^^

Well that's the big question... it doesn't matter what type of villager, WFT or little mac you'll choose... the name stays the same. But does this also apply for Peach's Daisy-costume, Captain Falcon's Blood Falcon costume etc.?

Of course there's a ton more of characters who can have different skins but keep the same charactername... Samus would be awesome in her Light- or Dark Suit from MP2: Echoes and other suits like the Phazon suit from MP3: Corruption.

But there's the big question: is an alternate swordfighter from Fire Emblem still called Marth? I'm very curious to how Sakurai is going to handle this...

I guess we'll only get AC's for characters where it would be logical to have... Though it could still happen, but some characters I'd rather see as new playables instead of AC's...

Another question by the way that comes to mind;
Does Villager have a voice or anything male-sounding? Because the female version would sound different of course... Would there be a unique soundset for the alternate characters? I believe the gender difference doesn't really matter for villager but WFT - since they have a voice - should have a male voice for the male version...
Of course they will. I just wonder if the announcer will say "The winner is... Dry Bowser!" (Just as an example) instead of just "Bowser!"

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
No.6 Villager:"Know my favorite number is? siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiix"

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
For me, this is the best PotD since the Direct. I wanted to be able to play as the Villager with both genders, and not only did my want get confirmed, but Sakurai went and made more than just one look for the Villager. This makes me hope that all his palette swaps are alternate costumes. Now we just need the spiky hair villager!

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Wow. I wonder if the number of villager skins will be 10/12. This is really too awesome!

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
I kinda hope Villager has team colors for each gender so people aren't forced to play a gender they don't wanna be (no sexism). Great update, I'm satisfied :)

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Looks like Nintendo is adding more females in. Samus, Zamus, Zelda, Sheik, Peach, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, and probably Ice Climbers are all in.
I'm wondering if this is specially for the girls. They'd have a bigger selection to choose from if they're feminists or something. Let's add Tingle to the party so the gaycommunities are satisfied as well. /kidding

Last edited:

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I'm pretty sure everyone saw this coming. I'll be playing with the default.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I'm assuming their will be 2 other villagers, 1 male and 1 female o fill up the rest of the alt costume slots

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Woah.
All I wanted was a female alt.....

Their eyes look weird.

And I'm pretty sure to no coincidence that the one with the 6 is going insane.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think that's a little much considering there are only 6 costume slots unless they add more which i'm not at all opposed to
Wario had 12 color slots total in Brawl, with half of them being for his WarioWare outfit, while the other half is for his classic outfit.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Sooo wait are all four of those villagers selectable or just the first two on the right?
Thanks for bringing that up; I assumed the two on the left were background characters at first.

Wow, I'm impressed with this update. Never having played AC, I didn't remember there was a female villager.
She looks a little weird, but hurray for pink-haired characters in Smash!

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
maybe this is a dumb question, but don't characters in AC have names? I mean, Totakeke, Cap'n and stuff like that have names, so why are these all called Villager?

Shog

Smash Ace
Yes!
I love this idea, especially since I have the exact same face as the guy with 6 in Animal Crossing, so that's cool!

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
maybe this is a dumb question, but don't characters in AC have names? I mean, Totakeke, Cap'n and stuff like that have names, so why are these all called Villager?
Cause these aren't characters they are the playable character that doesn't really have a name

LipFlare

Smash Cadet
Well now... there went all the resources for the potential newcomer/veteran of this month with the upcoming VA and such (if not already finished) I don't expect much more this month.

Still nice addition. /applaude

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
This is big news. If this pic hints at more than 1 alternate costume, then it is going to be very exciting to see what the rest of the cast has as thier alternates. Ocarina link and pink hoodie mac pleaseeeee

Rasgar

Smash Apprentice
You play as a human in a village populated by animal-people. The only name your character has is the one you give him/her, and his/her appearance is completely customizable. All of these villager costumes are possible appearances for the sole playable character.

Top Bottom