• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - March 4th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. The Bumper is back with a detailed new design. This also means there will be no Flippers."

He also included a second image and said "Here's the back side of the Bumper. There's way too much detail put into the side you can't really see. The designers really went overboard."

Last edited by a moderator:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I don't always play with items, but when I do, bumper is one of my favorites.
A fantastic favorite now with this great design!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The overall graphics seem to be improving. Even the stage looks a bit better here.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Bumper is one of my favorite items. Having all bumper matches is always a hoot. Impartial to the redesign.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Sakurai is on a roll! What, is it the 4th consecutive day he's showing something new?

Dat steel texture...

Last edited:

Eskelsen

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eskelsen
I don't actually play with items on, but pictures like this still get me hyped for this game.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know, to be fair, the Flipper was rather weak. The Bumper at least offers some good knockback, though Brawl's version did feel unusually strong.

Mari

Saving the planet from disaster!
Question: Does it come in blue, because I want that! XD

Ok, not really a question, but dat steel texture, tho. So awesome.

Honestly, this game canNOT get any better.

...Well. Actually, it can, which is why I'm getting a job just for a WiiU.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
We haven't been seeing much of Mega Man lately. It's as if he was BUMPED out of the spotlight!

AHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ahem.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Why don't people play with items on? This man puts a lot of time into making them, then people are like, "Nope, I ain't using it." It's a waste.

Ahem...

Dat steel texture do.

azzucips

Smash Cadet
NNID
Azzucips
3DS FC
1461-6305-7845
It seems like they're showing off what ISN'T going to make it into Smash 4, rather than what IS going to make it :/

S

Sharic X

Question: Does it come in blue, because I want that! XD

Ok, not really a question, but dat steel texture, tho. So awesome.

Honestly, this game canNOT get any better.

...Well. Actually, it can, which is why I'm getting a job just for a WiiU.
Of course it can get better! With a MewTwo and a side serving of Geno...

(Okay, okay. MewTwo is somewhat likely to make it. Geno? No.)

DCeSportsLANs

Smash Apprentice
My favorite times with Brawl was creating a mostly closed in stage, with one blocks worth of an opening at the top. 4 people inside, bumpers only and on high. So much fun

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Really loving how all the Smash items are getting a redesign. Not a poor one so far if you ask me.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Of course it can get better! With a MewTwo and a side serving of Geno...

(Okay, okay. MewTwo is somewhat likely to make it. Geno? No.)
Hence the no

Mewtwo has a big chance indeed... But i'm hoping for a big redesign, more psychic stuff. Hitting Jigglypuff with a shadowball always surprises me...

I'm hoping friday (end of the week) will be an awesome update... new character maybe? Or some nice stage we haven't seen?

S

Sharic X

For MewTwo, I think his Final Smash should either be something psychic related, or a transformation, preferably Mega MewTwo Y.
If Sakurai will do it right, he could even make MMewTwo Y look cool.

I just don't want MewTwo to be a Lucario clone and have some big "Kamehameha" for a Final Smash.

Also. This:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Guess i'm the only one who liked the original design better.

Maybe i'm just old school that way.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
For MewTwo, I think his Final Smash should either be something psychic related, or a transformation, preferably Mega MewTwo Y.
If Sakurai will do it right, he could even make MMewTwo Y look cool.

I just don't want MewTwo to be a Lucario clone and have some big "Kamehameha" for a Final Smash.

Also. This:
Lucario also needs his mega for a final smash, it's basically the reason he actually came back

Plus it looks ****ing awesome

Last edited:

Gune

Smash Lord
Guess i'm the only one who liked the original design better.

Maybe i'm just old school that way.
It less about liking the old design but more about mega's being inevitable FS's Mewtwo and Lucario are going to have them whether we want them or , I for one welcome our new mega overlords.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It less about liking the old design but more about mega's being inevitable FS's Mewtwo and Lucario are going to have them whether we want them or , I for one welcome our new mega overlords.
I wasn't referring to that lol.

If their going to have megaevoultions for Metwo/Lucario, I wouldn't really care. I always play with Final Smash's off. And that's of course granted Mewtwo's in the game.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Lucario also needs his mega for a final smash, it's basically the reason he actually came back

Plus it looks ****ing awesome
You know the actual problem with that? The connection between Trainer and Pokemon. Wild Pokemon can't Mega Evolve on their own. It wouldn't make sense if Mewtwo or Lucario Mega Evolved. Then again, Sakurai has been known to throw canon out the window. I do agree that it would be awesome as a Final Smash.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
You know the actual problem with that? The connection between Trainer and Pokemon. Wild Pokemon can't Mega Evolve on their own. It wouldn't make sense if Mewtwo or Lucario Mega Evolved. Then again, Sakurai has been known to throw canon out the window. I do agree that it would be awesome as a Final Smash.
I don't think it matters at all but speaking of that it would be cool if all the pokemon had a trainer in the background, like lucario could have riley don't know about the others

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Well, if they go by the Mewtwo Origins movie with Mega Mewtwo Y... I can see that done for Mewtwo in Smash 4... If he gets in that is.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
I like the look of the bolts on the Bumper... really reminds me of old-school pinball games. If they could be placed in custom levels I'd like to make a pinball stage with a big spring on the right, haha.

Top Bottom