• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - March 30th

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nah, we still need the Luigi Cyclone if the Mario Tornado is still gone
That's my beef with it, Mario has the FLUDD for Down B while he shouldn't. The move fits Mario better than Luigi. Would've liked it best if Mario had the Galaxy spin punch, and Luigi had his Poltergeist as Down B. But yeah, guess this is fine to.

Uffe

Smash Hero
If this is Luigi's new Final Smash, then I hope they give Kirby his Crash or Mike ability.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Yes finally Luigi uses he's Poltergust in Smash. I've been waiting for a long time for this.
I can only assume that Lucario's final smash will involved his mega evolution. Jigglypuff, I'm actually fine with her final smash. It could of course relate to her anime version, where he/she drew on people who slept to her song.

CCD23

Smash Cadet
Anybody else notice Donkey Kong's face in the background?
Donkey Kong is in trouble and here we have everyone ignoring the poor guy.
I think that he's being attacked by a shorter character just right outside the boxing ring to where the camera angle doesn't hit him (her.) Or maybe he ran into some sort of dangerous item / assist trophy / Pokemon. Luigi's coming to the help him with the Poltergust though. :bee:

That aside, I'm pretty sure the Poltergust is his Final Smash. Sakurai's sarcastic tone combined with the how the picture looks point toward it being a Final Smash.

But, what does it DO exactly aside from just "suck something in"? How big would the attack range be and would it attack only in the direction Luigi is facing? I'd imagine it would be like a very overpowered Poltergust 3000 from Luigi's Mansion. But then that also raises more questions. It would have been nice to have a picture of the Final Smash in action...

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm late?... well, I guess so, but... yaaaaaaaaay! Poltergust is in, Negative Zone is out! YESH! ... now get rid of Giga Bowser and Peach Blossom, pretty please Sakurai. :3

TheQuasiZillionaire

Smash Cadet
I personally have a hard time imagining a backpack appearing and then disappearing from Luigi's back every time you use a special move, so I'm convinced it's his Final Smash. That, and the pose he's in. I doubt he would be raising the Poltergust up in the air like that if he was using it mid-combat.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
A hint towards a Luigi's Mansion HD remake/Sequel? Plz let it be so!

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I'm late?... well, I guess so, but... yaaaaaaaaay! Poltergust is in, Negative Zone is out! YESH! ... now get rid of Giga Bowser and Peach Blossom, pretty please Sakurai. :3
Why should Giga Bowser leave? It represents something he does in the games (growing to large sizes, like with Super Princess Peach and New Super Mario Bros. 2's final bosses) plus it was useful. Out of all the Mario characters Final Smashes, his was the most fitting.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I personally have a hard time imagining a backpack appearing and then disappearing from Luigi's back every time you use a special move, so I'm convinced it's his Final Smash. That, and the pose he's in. I doubt he would be raising the Poltergust up in the air like that if he was using it mid-combat.
I too believe it's a Final Smash, but that's pretty flawed logic. Mario's FLUDD pack does the same exact thing: appear and disappear.

While it's more likely to be a final smash, it could also be a new down B or his new grab. We just don't know for sure yet.

TheQuasiZillionaire

Smash Cadet
Top Bottom