• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - March 28th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Here's the Prism Tower stage for the 3DS version! The battle begins on ground level right in front of the tower."

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
This makes me curious to see what Pokemon stage(s) the Wii U version is going to get. I'd be cool with another Pokemon Stadium but there must be something new they can think of. Note: I'm not referring to Pokefloats.

Uffe

Smash Hero
It appears to be a walk off stage. It looks cool, though. Very futuristic looking building.

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
Man, As a person that plays all 64, Melee, and PM on a competitive level. I really hope sakurai at least tries to make smash 4 to go back to his roots(64). I mean, although the community isn't as big as the others it's still alive and well. I don't have high expectations but it doesn't hurt.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I saw this on Miiverse, those kids are ungrateful, asking just for characters reveal when Sakurai shows so much of a stage in one day, now I only expect non-stadium stage for the Wii U

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Don't know what this is because I stop following the series. :/
The stage is based on Luimiose City from Pokémon X/Y, the latest title of the series. The Prism Tower is a major landmark of the city and is also its Gym.

As its shape and structure might suggest, it's based on the Eiffel Tower located in Paris, France.

It appears to be a walk off stage. It looks cool, though. Very futuristic looking building.
Sakurai posted more pictures on Miiverse and it's a moving stage. You travel on a platform all the way to the top of the tower. It's only walk-off when you're in the ground.

Those are the extra pictures that should have been on the article in the first place:
You'll have to climb the tower by securing footholds like these moving platforms!

By the time you reach the top, the sun is already setting. The view from up there is quite a treat.

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
The stage is based on Luimiose City from Pokémon X/Y, the latest title of the series. The Prism Tower is a major landmark of the city and is also its Gym.

As its shape and structure might suggest, it's based on the Eiffel Tower located in Paris, France.

Sakurai posted more pictures on Miiverse and it's a moving stage. You travel on a platform all the way to the top of the tower. It's only walk-off when you're in the ground.

Those are the extra pictures that should have been on the article in the first place:
You'll have to climb the tower by securing footholds like these moving platforms!

By the time you reach the top, the sun is already setting. The view from up there is quite a treat.
This is cool! Much better than I had hoped it to be. Though I won't take the 3DS version seriously as far as competitiveness goes, I'm glad that this isn't just a walk off stage.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Hopefully the walk off portion doesn't last too long. Even more hopefully, his phrasing doesn't mean this will be similar to Rumble Falls but will be more like Castle Siege or at least Poke Floats.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Hopefully the walk off portion doesn't last too long. Even more hopefully, his phrasing doesn't mean this will be similar to Rumble Falls but will be more like Castle Siege or at least Poke Floats.
I dunno. From the snapshots, it looks more like Halberd. Which I'm cool with, personally.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
I thought it was called Prison Tower when I first heard the name in the anime.

OOPS.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I dunno. From the snapshots, it looks more like Halberd. Which I'm cool with, personally.
Ah, forgot about Halberd. Yeah that's probably best case scenario, and from the screens that looks about right. But his wording makes me worry, though that's likely a translation issue. Hopefully anyway.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Maybe it will be like the game. In the pokemon game at that location you can go around the tower forever in a loop. So it could be like Poke Floats or it might be only possible to die off the top and you'd come out the other side like Pacman or something if you got hit sideways. Who knows?

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Based on this and some of the other Miiverse posts, it looks like this stage takes more or less after the Halberd, moving between locations, but in a set pattern rather than the randomness of Delfino Plaza or Skyloft.

One thing I'm concerned about, though...the beginning of the stage has walk off edges. That means that out of the ~13 stages we currently know about for the 3DS version, we only two that for sure have no walk offs at any point: Battlefield and Arena Ferox, with Rainbow Road, Reset Bomb Forest, Find Mii, and Tomodatchi Collection still up in the air. The game's competitive stage selection could be really limited if so much as one character has a chaingrab...and while the developers seem to be paying much more attention to balance this time than in any previous Smash games, I'm a little worried, you know?

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
I wonder if this stage will feature that saved data glitch that plagued X/Y before the patch.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
This makes me curious to see what Pokemon stage(s) the Wii U version is going to get. I'd be cool with another Pokemon Stadium but there must be something new they can think of. Note: I'm not referring to Pokefloats.
I've never played melee, so I'm not the best judge, but pokefloats looked pretty fun on youtube.

Oops double post.

Last edited:

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
I've never played melee, so I'm not the best judge, but pokefloats looked pretty fun on youtube.

Oops double post.
Great for casual play, horrendous for competitive play. It would be able to be turned off or just plane not chosen, but I wouldn't want it as the first ever Pokemon smash stage to be in HD.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
WHERE THE HECK IS NESS AND SNAKE ?!
SNAKE SNAAAAAAKKEE!! (brawl codec reference )
Snake is so awesome and I want him to come back. I strongly believe he will not though. Seeing as Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes is coming/came out on everything but the Wii U in terms of home consoles. Also David Hayter is voicing Snake/Big Boss in the new Metal Gear which makes me sad. I could say this though. The fact that Snake and Sonic were both guests in Brawl and Sonic returned in Smash 4 as a "veteran" leaves a small speck of hope. Also Yoshi dolls were in the Metal Gear remake on the 3DS not too far back if you want to get very technical about his chances. Sakurai hates dropping characters as he's mentioned so I guess we will have to wait and see.

IKEkameHAMEha

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5300-8881-3567
Snake is so awesome and I want him to come back. I strongly believe he will not though. Seeing as Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain/Ground Zeroes is coming/came out on everything but the Wii U in terms of home consoles. Also David Hayter is voicing Snake/Big Boss in the new Metal Gear which makes me sad. I could say this though. The fact that Snake and Sonic were both guests in Brawl and Sonic returned in Smash 4 as a "veteran" leaves a small speck of hope. Also Yoshi dolls were in the Metal Gear remake on the 3DS not too far back if you want to get very technical about his chances. Sakurai hates dropping characters as he's mentioned so I guess we will have to wait and see.
yeah I know about the voice actor and why didn't mgs5 come out on wii u? and whats this about yoshi dolls?
and I guess mega man is KINDA replacing him in terms of lots of different wepons

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
yeah I know about the voice actor and why didn't mgs5 come out on wii u? and whats this about yoshi dolls?
and I guess mega man is KINDA replacing him in terms of lots of different wepons
No one will replace Snake in our hearts. Not even Mega Man as awesome as he may be. The Yoshi Dolls in Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater or Peace Walker(I can't remember) are an Easter egg in the game on the 3DS. Look it up. Also I have no idea why it didn't. Maybe graphical capabilities. It may be the fact that because the Wii U has a gamepad peripheral, it takes much more money to port over. Companies don't like this because they want simple ports to save as much and profit as much as possible. That's one of the main reasons 3rd parties are such buttmunches about games on Wii U. Plus the number of sales they'd have isn't promising enough to see profit. 3rd parties don't make games because the Wii U has not enough sales>sales suffer because off lack of 3rd party support>3rd parties refuse to make games for Wii U. It's a neverending cycle of greed on the end of 3rd parties.

Top Bottom