• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - March 20th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. The Peanut Popgun now deals a powerful attack when it explodes. It'll be difficult to hit your target, but when you succeed, the explosion will really blow your enemies away. Give it a shot when you break someone's shield."

Last edited by a moderator:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Overcharged peanut popgun has a hitbox now? That's kinda neat I guess.

I wonder what data and attributes it has...? *sigh*

Overcharged peanut popgun has a hitbox now? That's kinda neat I guess.

I wonder what data and attributes it has...? *sigh*
Cool, I can quote this.
I bet its part of giving every character at least one super powerful attack despite how bad it might be.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Really, this should've been like this in Brawl! Am glad they changed it. So far, am loving what they're doing with Diddy!

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Sakurai has just done the most obvious thing for Diddy. Progress is finally happening

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
another buff to Diddy... I think he's going to be more used than Brawl for sure!

I'm also very curious about Bowser's new attacks... His totally new way of playing picks my interest since I was kinda used to playing Bowser in Brawl... He looks very detailed. Great new look!

Anyone else notice Diddy Kong doesn't have a shadow? Creepy....
Well not to bring down your post, but he's in the air, so the shadow must be somewhere below the picture... besides, the light comes from behind and above the characters, so there shouldn't be any shadow in here anyways. ^^

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
So, is this move like jigglypuff's down-b? I'd assume this has a high knockback but isn't that strong.
I don't think it's the same... Jigglypuff has to stand inside the other character... this explosive blast has a wider hitrange...

talking about jiggs, I hope she's not in the new smash anymore... always hated this character.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't think it's the same... Jigglypuff has to stand inside the other character... this explosive blast has a wider hitrange...

talking about jiggs, I hope she's not in the new smash anymore... always hated this character.
I hope she's in it and is 700% more obnoxious.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Diddy buffs are cool and all, but I'm getting impatient for a character reveal.
Here's hoping for a Direct tomorrow...

pikachugamer21

Smash Journeyman

well then your going to be very disappointed when she is confirmed

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I like all diddy special attack buff but, Diddy kong is ridicus strong, seriusly I have trouble defeating this guy, even the smash attack, mean every normal attack are very strong and they need toned down a bit instead of buffing in. Even myself to say this but diddy is one the most powerful character in brawl with no joke, especially with the banana peal but, the recovery is pretty bad especially is your very deep to your death... the air attack need to nerf that too, their fast and kinda anoying.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Diddy doesn't have a shadow? Shadow confirmed! (Not really)

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
This is the second time this month that I expected a character reveal and didn't get one. What disappoints me is that it means that I must have a low memory capacity since I expected Sakurai to be predictable. :p

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I definitely agree that buffs are more important than nerfs. Rather than making characters weaker or robbing them of tools, he should be trying to give others improvements.

I can only assume that because of that process, Diddy ended up needing these buffs we're seeing him get.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I think Din's Fire buff has been outbeaten by this in the weakest buff department, but fortunately Diddy has a more reliable moveset to make up for it.

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
Geez...like Diddy Kong needed anymore buffs. Diddy kong already receiving the extended limb buffs...and now this? I don't know...if he's as good as he is in brawl, and if Smash 4 does not have a strong gimp game, I can predict Diddy Kong being Top 10...Obviously, we don't know the game's mechanics, so maybe I'll just stop posting lol

Diana's Safe Landing

Smash Apprentice
You can't judge whether or not Diddy needs buffs or nerfs based on how good he was in brawl. Characters change radically in the switch between games and we really have no idea how strong Diddy is in SSB4.

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Well, if there's going to be a limited number of water downed moves in this game, then all I'm going to see are situational buffs for returning characters. Otherwise, I get the feeling this game isn't going to change too much from Brawl except for the obvious changes.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I definitely agree that buffs are more important than nerfs. Rather than making characters weaker or robbing them of tools, he should be trying to give others improvements.

I can only assume that because of that process, Diddy ended up needing these buffs we're seeing him get.
That's not how balance works. If a character is seen as being toxic during play where his moveset has options for everything or if he has a "one beats all" move, then there's a problem. I mean, just look at Meta Knight in Brawl.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I've posted this in other threads but i'll post it here as well-
While i don't agree with Diddy getting buffed either, we have to consider something- From Melee to Brawl, we lost wavedashing, a mechanic used in a way it wasn't supposed to. From Brawl to 4 we could lose glide tossing, a mechanic never intended for use. Glide tossing is THE reason Diddy is so good. Being able to chain bananas and combo into d-smash is an important function of his game and if they remove that, he might need buffs. I'm trusting Sakurai with this one.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The funny thing about this buff is that it'll probably be useless against anyone who's not reckless with their approaches.

Top Bottom