• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - March 13th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. The tiny Motion-Sensor Bomb is hard to see. If you get any closer, it's dangerous. I warned you."

comics

Smash Cadet
OHMAH GAWWSH! I'm fist! I'm first! (nobody cares)
DK looks too curious about that explosive, someone warn him ASAP what he's up against.

Last edited:

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
Do all of the redesigned items have a red/black-ish vibe to them, or is it just me?

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Great, just what I needed. I can hardly see the ones in Brawl and now I won't even these exist when I play with all items on.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
If only Rare was still with Nintendo, we would have get a goldeneye or perfect dark inspired motion sensor bomb.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Sakurai: I warned you about bombs, bro. I ****ing warned you, dog.

I never understood why it was called "Motion-Sensor bomb" in the first place. It activates by touching it, not hanging around near it. I've always called it the mine.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Nice to see the returning series items coming back these past few weeks. All we have left are Barrels, Crates, Blast Box, Party Ball, Sandbag (likely returning as an item and/or Home Run Contest thanks to Little Mac trailer), Beam Sword, Fan, Lip's Stick, Star Rod, Super Scope, Cracker Launcher, Team Healer, Food (let's hope they're actual 3D models this time), Maximum Tomato, Warp Star, Bob-Omb, Freezie, Hammer, Metal Box, Super Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, Starman, Bunny Hood, Mr. Saturn, and Screw Attack. We should also expect the Pitfall because of the Villager's appearance and not expect the Heart Container since the Fairy Bottle heals for the same amount unless they scale its heal rate down.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
I love how they're making the censors less noticeable. I hope you can have a **** load of them planted all over the stage like you could in melee. Brawl allowed like 3 or 4 before they started exploding automatically once you exceeded the limit. I love motion sensor bomb matches.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I love how they're making the censors less noticeable. I hope you can have a **** load of them planted all over the stage like you could in melee. Brawl allowed like 3 or 4 before they started exploding automatically once you exceeded the limit. I love motion sensor bomb matches.
Hope this is the case with PokeBalls and Assist trophies too. Melee PokeBall matches were chaotic!

Also, LOL at the muddy textures on the ceramic upon close up.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
It's smaller now? All the better reason to be aware of your surroundings even in less serious matches.

Is it just me, or does the design look inspired by Kid Icarus Uprising? I don't remember if the game itself has anything like it (because I've been too broke to get it >_>), but maybe it got dummied out in development?

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Look at how nice the bomb looks. Then check out DK's face and fur. And then.....the stage itself.....wtf happened..

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Look at how nice the bomb looks. Then check out DK's face and fur. And then.....the stage itself.....wtf happened..
I'm gonna assume they ported the graphics directly from pikmin 3 and since the camera is zoomed out and the world is bigger the textures are worse

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
DK imo looks well enough, just not in comparison to DKC:TF. I'd say the characters and items got a lot more attention than the stages, which is to be expected honestly. Looks nice from a distance so I'm satisfied, but yeah, those textures on the ceramic are pretty terrible.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Every Smash game has bad textures if you zoom in close, but it's only noticeable in camera mode, but that's to be expected, as you need to have REALLY high quality textures for them to look good up close (like, modern PC game quality). The games always look great from a distance though, and this one looks absolutely beautiful during gameplay (thanks to the lighting and shading effects).

The stages have lower res textures to make sure the frame rate is kept high, as high texture quality hurts performance, so only the characters really get higher quality textures as you're only really gonna focus on them throughout the match. Though, it's only really the realistic stages that suffer this. Stages like Windy Hill have higher res textures, as the colours are flatter.

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
I love how they are completely redesigning all the classic Super Smash Bros items. I can't wait to see how the new beam sword looks.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
DK imo looks well enough, just not in comparison to DKC:TF. I'd say the characters and items got a lot more attention than the stages, which is to be expected honestly. Looks nice from a distance so I'm satisfied, but yeah, those textures on the ceramic are pretty terrible.
Every Smash game has bad textures if you zoom in close, but it's only noticeable in camera mode, but that's to be expected, as you need to have REALLY high quality textures for them to look good up close (like, modern PC game quality). The games always look great from a distance though, and this one looks absolutely beautiful during gameplay (thanks to the lighting and shading effects).

The stages have lower res textures to make sure the frame rate is kept high, as high texture quality hurts performance, so only the characters really get higher quality textures as you're only really gonna focus on them throughout the match. Though, it's only really the realistic stages that suffer this. Stages like Windy Hill have higher res textures, as the colours are flatter.
I know it's a close-up and all, and obviously I'm not expecting this game to have the best visuals in gaming history, but there are some stages that really need work, close-up or no. GoH and Skyloft look terrible compared to other stages like Pyro, Battlefield and the Galaxy stage.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I know it's a close-up and all, and obviously I'm not expecting this game to have the best visuals in gaming history, but there are some stages that really need work, close-up or no. GoH and Skyloft look terrible compared to other stages like Pyro, Battlefield and the Galaxy stage.
GoH actually looks very nice to me, though Pyro is definitely a stand out among all the stages so far. Honestly Galaxy looks just as okay to me as GoH.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
am i the only one around here wondering why that texturething that the bomb is sticked onto is so damn low res?

Top Bottom