• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - March 12th

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
"Make them Fall"?
Either sakurai is talking about KO potential... or Din's fire is now a projectile spike, all hail the new queen of smash

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Buffing moves don't necessarily make a character better though, since we've seen how terrible Zelda is in Brawl's competitive scene.
You talk as if competitive play is this series main focus, haha, you're funny!

Personally I am happy the attack is getting yet another buff. Its one of my favorite moves to use, and it makes getting the smash ball very easy for Zelda while everyone is jumping up to attack it up close. It's great for getting the smash ball as well as damaging everyone else clamoring to get it.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Maybe you should stop expecting so much from Smash bros. It's never going to be as competitive as you want it. For MOST players, this buff is cool. Zelda is more usable. To the 1% still complaining, stop holding your breathe already. It would be cool to see all characters competitively viable, but we all know that will never happen.
They should all be good at least in brawl there were some clearly awful characters, competitive or not

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Ahhh, Din's Fire... I sense some horrible and frustrating edging coming from this. It depends on how controllable the fire will be... if like PM's Din'S fire, it would be awesomely powerfull. But then again, I believe it will have the same control as the one from Brawl.

Zelda was always a bit of a noobcharacter with her continiuos smashes and her protecting moves. Still feels like a camping character and this new buffed Fire kinda confirms it again.

Waver

Smash Cadet
NNID
WaverJR
3DS FC
2964-8605-0439
Switch FC
SW-1450-5084-6730
Way to cater to the spammers and campers... Oh online play is going to be even more stressful against Zelda players. >.<

I think a necessary buff for Zelda would only be her neutral and down air, that's it.

Last edited:

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
The bad thing about only playing P:M is that I can no longer remember how the veterans played in Brawl, so it's hard for me to make comparisons...

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Her "finishers", as in all of her aerials, need to have larger sweetspots. She should have more approaching options and should have a better character build.

What scares me is that I think Din's Fire will still be useless unless Sakurai makes it faster. Just making it stronger will do nothing, it's easily avoidable.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Her "finishers", as in all of her aerials, need to have larger sweetspots. She should have more approaching options and should have a better character build.

What scares me is that I think Din's Fire will still be useless unless Sakurai makes it faster. Just making it stronger will do nothing, it's easily avoidable.
It's not just faster, it also gets larger the further out it is cast. Bigger seems to me to suggest less easily avoidable.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Yeah, because it work the first time. So weird that Sakurai doesn't take the competitive crowd seriously, but ensures one of the lesser played characters from said crowd gets a buff. And a lackluster one while we're at it.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, because it work the first time. So weird that Sakurai doesn't take the competitive crowd seriously, but ensures one of the lesser played characters from said crowd gets a buff. And a lackluster one while we're at it.
It's not that he doesn't take the competitive players seriously, it's just that he wants to make a game that's more neutral to all audiences whether it's casual or hardcore. He is never going to make a smash bros game targeting competitive players.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
It's not that he doesn't take the competitive players seriously, it's just that he wants to make a game that's more neutral to all audiences whether it's casual or hardcore. He is never going to make a smash bros game targeting competitive players.
That was pretty much what I was thinking. I'm just saying it's feels a bit backwards when he does something like this anyways and provides little to no improvement to said character. To me, it feels like a wasted effort unless he has Zelda getting something fresh or new to follow up well with this ability, competitively or not.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Right, because taking the competitive crowd seriously means not giving buffs to underused characters... A buff to a move is anything but a bad thing.
Also, you must have played this game and tried the character and the move already to know that Zelda has no significant changes.

Last edited:

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
**** Zelda, I love her in the official Zelda series but she is annoying in Brawl and PM. **** her and I hope she sucks in Smash 4. Its just my biased hate on her is all but god is she annoying

So yea, this Pic means nothing other than character buff. Cool

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Right, because taking the competitive crowd seriously means not giving buffs to underused characters... A buff to a move is anything but a bad thing.
Also, you must have played this game and tried the character and the move already to know that Zelda has no significant changes.
I'm just speculating, but that doesn't mean it'll happen. Of course, I wouldn't find it surprising it still predictable to evade and still gimping her to the point she's more of a online and/or FFA type of character. If she's better, she's better. Otherwise, the buff will be meaningless when it could be resourced to make better setups with Din's Fire instead.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Is still a good edgeguarding projectile though. But honestly, a lot of people here act as if the Zelda player in every case scenario doesn't know what they are doing. If you spam this move, you are doing it wrong. You can zone and play tricks with your opponents if you time the explosions.

Last edited:

Haven

Smash Rookie
Nicee, I really do hope they keep this game fast paced. I want it to play like 64, like a little slower than Melee.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
I could see this being a very good edgeguarding tool for Zelda OH WAIT.

This game will be annoyingly defensive as long as there is no limit on air-dodges. Frankly the way the air-dodge works there is no downside to using it. SHADs are even an approach in Brawl. You don't want to send people into special fall after air-dodges anymore, I can get behind that, but put a limit on it so that it is strategically employed and risky to use up, instead of making it easy to escape juggles and edgeguard attempts. Sigh.
Agreed. I agree more with the way Smash is designed to have the air dodge easier to practically apply than Melee's, but having no limit at all makes them a little too powerful. Maybe just having one air dodge before you land would be enough. It's not a free get out of juggle/avoid all off-stage harass tool, but still really useful.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Is still a good edgeguarding projectile though. But honestly, a lot of people here act as if the Zelda player in every case scenario doesn't know what they are doing. If you spam this move, you are doing it wrong. You can zone and play tricks with your opponents if you time the explosions.
Not by much though. As mentions, it comes out in a very predictable area. I'm not saying no one will be hit by it. But it might be barely higher frequency than what we see in Brawl matches. It'll probably happen a little more, but nothing noteworthy nor game-changing.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
This movement got the wrong buff.
It would be much better if you dont let you helpless when you use in middle of the air.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I just pray this game has the speed of Melee/PM.
They specifically stated they wanted it to be somewhere in between the speed of Melee and Brawl. :-)

While I recognise the validity of an argument that bases itself on time and change, I feel like this point is far too vital for them to tweak it too much. I get the feeling this change was supported by both Sakurai and his team as well as Namco. It just makes sense to have the game with a reasonable pace. Too much slower than Brawl and I think they'd realise it wouldn't work as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom