• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - June 9th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Remember the video that introduced Greninja joining the battle? Every Pokemon that appeared in that video will make some kind of appearance in Super Smash Bros! By the way, here's one of the Pokemon that didn't make an appearance in that video--Meloetta. Its vocal attacks reflect off land forms, so they'll be especially effective in a closed environment."

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
This is all fine and dandy, but I wonder how many more Pokemon will appear as enemies in Smash Run? Picking Chandelure and only Chandelure seems like an odd deision.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
****, "some kind of appearance" inb4 speculation noobs picking some of those out as playable characters lmao.

Polo

Smash Cadet
The level of detail being put into the graphics of this game is fantastic - this isn't even a player model and it looks great. Not to mention the quality of the background here - I could stare into the background of this stage for ages, there are so many little details to pick out. The general art style looks great as well, in my opinion.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Actually, this Pokémon DID appear in the video; it was just for a split second, so he/she/it was easy to miss.

These are all the Pokémon that appeared in the Greninja trailer. Wasn't easy to make some of them out, but I got them all down:

[EDIT] Provided links to each one, for those whom are not familiar with Pokémon.

[collapse="List"]Dedenne
Bellossom
Chespin
Snivy (HUZZAH!!)
Oshawott
Goldeen (How shocking...)
Staryu
Eevee
Tyrantrum (REALLY not sure about this one, but there is a close resemblance)
Swirlix
Metagross
Darkrai
Electrode
Palkia
Entei
Gardevoir
Gogoat
Zoroark
Giratina
Snorlax
Kyogre
Lugia
Suicune
Deoxys
Meloetta
Keldeo
Victini
Spewpa
Fennekin
Inkay
Meowth
Pikachu
Charizard :troll:
Greninja[/collapse]

Last edited:

Trav11111

Smash Cadet
Either a bad translation or he forgot she was in the video. But saying that does increase Jiggs chances of return (although it's probably inevitable anyway).

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
Actually, this Pokémon DID appear in the video; it was just for a split second, so he/she/it was easy to miss.

These are all the Pokémon that appeared in the Greninja trailer. Wasn't easy to make some of them out, but I got them all down:

[collapse="List"]Dedenne
Belossom
Chespin
Snivy (HUZZAH!!)
Oshawott
Goldeen (How shocking...)
Staryu
Eevee
Tyrantrum (REALLY not sure about this one, but there is a close resemblance)
Swirlix
Metagross
Darkrai
Electrode
Palkia
Entei
Gardevoir
Gogoat
Zoroark
Giratina
Snorlax
Kyogre
Lugia
Suicune
Deoxys
Meloetta
Keldeo
Victini
Spewpa
Fennekin
Inkay
Meowth
Pikachu
Charizard
Greninja[/collapse]
You should have put How shocking... next to Pikachu's name.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
What a perfect way to start the E3 week with one of the cutest Pokémon from Gen V: Meloetta, this pic also confirms that the Pokémon that popped up briefly during the Zard/Ninja trailer will be getting Poke ball treatments.

Trav11111

Smash Cadet
I have to say this was a better update than I expected right before E3. Just can't wait to see what happens tomorrow. Maybe they'll say 3ds smash will be released on the 21st! (First day of summer)

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
"...will make SOME KIND of appearance..." Some kind? Does that mean some of those shown will be playable?

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
He says a line as vague as "some kind of appearance" one day before the Direct. Sakurai, you troll. >_>

Last edited:

TheRage

Smash Apprentice
He says a line as vague as "some kind of appearance" one day before the Direct. Sakurai, you troll. >_>
As great as Pokemon is though (and I still do think there's room for one more being playable), I'm more interested in seeing what other newcomers Sakurai will add.

Get ready for E3!

PaperX

Smash Cadet
That means no Jigglypuff :(
''By the way, here's one of the Pokemon that didn't make an appearance in that video''

Means that just because a Pokemon didn't appear in the video doesn't necessarily means they're cut.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Nice. Good model. But, its just the calm before the storm. We all know that right. Tomorrow, expect MEWTWO and WONNNNDEEERR-RED!!!!!
The hype is real, folks:

HYPE TRAIN, COMIN' THROUGH!!!!

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
While the new pokemon is interesting and cool, I'm more excited about his confirmation that all the pokemon seen in the Greninja trailer will be in the new game to come out of the pokeball. It will make me really interested to play around in training mode to see them all and what they do. Love it!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Nice. Good model. But, its just the calm before the storm. We all know that right. Tomorrow, expect MEWTWO and WONNNNDEEERR-RED!!!!!
The hype is real, folks:

HYPE TRAIN, COMIN' THROUGH!!!!
Question. What is that gif from?
I must have it!

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Aw man, and I was hoping for (insert box legendary) to be playable...

*inb4toobig*

Top Bottom