• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - June 3rd

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Some stages have been shrunk down and made into trophies, like this one of Tortimer Island for the 3DS version. I wish I could have a figurine like this in real life."

Last edited by a moderator:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Not bad but I wish they'd skip on the trophies and just let us see some stuff that's INTERESTING. I'd rather find out what trophies are in or not in by playing it myself.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
the intresting thing is what he said

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Sakurai, I have no doubt that you could get a figurine of this if you wanted. It's your game and you have the money XD

Anyways, I like the attention to the trophies. I wasn't really expecting much more especially with E3 in a week. I feel like I'm one of the only ones that goes through the trophies and looks at them and reads about them. Well anyways, I liked it, so you've got me there with you Sakurai.

And yes...I want one, too.

Uffe

Smash Hero
It would have been cute if they had the Villager dressed up as a Kappa on the figurine.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Sakurai, I have no doubt that you could get a figurine of this if you wanted. It's your game and you have the money XD

Anyways, I like the attention to the trophies. I wasn't really expecting much more especially with E3 in a week. I feel like I'm one of the only ones that goes through the trophies and looks at them and reads about them. Well anyways, I liked it, so you've got me there with you Sakurai.

And yes...I want one, too.
To be honest, I'm with you on this... Though i find the trophies as PotD's kinda boring, I did read all the descriptions of all the trophies available in Brawl and Melee... I'd rather have them kept secret until the game is released...

I can imagine though that Sakurai doesn't want to spoil every new little thing even though we all would like to know it. We're all just getting impatient and excited for the big show next week... hang on everyone!

Limbose

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0748-3141-7837
Not bad but I wish they'd skip on the trophies and just let us see some stuff that's INTERESTING. I'd rather find out what trophies are in or not in by playing it myself.
"INTERESTING"
Dude, it's a stage. Plenty interesting. Reassess your life values.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I don't even care anymore what they are showing. As long as it's not a ridley or k. rool disconfirm lmao.

Show the pause-menu bruh idc bruh

KidKrimzon

Smash Cadet
NNID
KidKrimzon
Wait, why? You wanna keep the trophies as a surprise? I mean, I feel you there... but if you hate trophies in general, you gotta see a doctor.
I like the surprise and also I dont get hype from seeing a trophy before the game is released. Ive never heard "oh god i have to collect that trophy when the game comes out"

LevelZeroToInfinity

Smash Rookie
I don't even care anymore what they are showing. As long as it's not a ridley or k. rool disconfirm lmao.
Ridley's already been pretty much deconfirmed, so there's no point in hoping for it. Maybe I'm just really salty, but I seriously don't want these characters to be in the game (playable, anyway).

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
"com on sakuri feed my undying need for amazing reveals every single day"

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Ridley's already been pretty much deconfirmed, so there's no point in hoping for it. Maybe I'm just really salty, but I seriously don't want these characters to be in the game (playable, anyway).
Ridley isn't deconfirmed. I think his chances are boosted in a way. Sakurai wouldn't just keep leading us along and then say "HAH! I tricked you! Ridley's a boss!" He wants hype, not dissappointment. If Ridley was a boss, he probably would've just said it.

Fancy

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyChicken
I think NFC figurines would be great for in-game trophies, rather than characters or stages. That way it's still great to collect them, but not content we should already have.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I hope other stages recieve a trophy. I think we could be seeing Mario Galaxy, Windy Hill Zone, Wily Castle, Pyrosphere, Palutena's Temple, Pilot Wings, and the Boxing Ring for the Wii U. For the 3DS, Balloon Fight, Arena Ferox, Rainbow Road, Living Room, Prism Tower, Boxing Ring, and Spirit Train. The only stage Brawl included as a trophy was Halberd. Melee had trophies like Pokemon Stadium, Peach's Castle, Mute City, Fountain of Dreams, etc. let's hope for some more!

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I hope other stages recieve a trophy. I think we could be seeing Mario Galaxy, Windy Hill Zone, Wily Castle, Pyrosphere, Palutena's Temple, Pilot Wings, and the Boxing Ring for the Wii U. For the 3DS, Balloon Fight, Arena Ferox, Rainbow Road, Living Room, Prism Tower, Boxing Ring, and Spirit Train. The only stage Brawl included as a trophy was Halberd. Melee had trophies like Pokemon Stadium, Peach's Castle, Mute City, Fountain of Dreams, etc. let's hope for some more!
perhaps we get to see a trophy of every stage? At least one of each franchise maybe? the point of all the trophies is to have players get to know the history and background of all the characters some more, so i can imagine this happening by creating stage trophies with a proper description... as they did for luigi's mansion for example...

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
I'm 100% sure that Nintendo could market Smash bros. trophy figurines if they wanted to. There are a lot of people out there who collect figurines of various video game and anime characters already; I'd probably get a Bowser trophy if it were available.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
You wanna keep the trophies as a surprise?
This is pretty much it for me. Also they're not too exciting anyway, unless it's something that can spark interest like the Wonder Red and Capt. Rainbow Little Mac trophies.
Ridley's already been pretty much deconfirmed.
Ridley's "appearance" is so distant from being a deconfirm. I really don't doubt the possibility of either outcome, but the direct really says nothing about his status as a character.
"com on sakuri feed my undying need for amazing reveals every single day"
Nobody here is really being like that. It's really safe to say that this pic is not very exciting, therefore people say it, but I don't think people are really demanding a super big screenshot from him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom