• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - June 23rd

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I've watched Pac-Land or whatever in action a couple times, and in all honesty this will probably be a pretty cool traveling stage. A lot of the hazards in Pac-Land will transfer over very nicely to smash, but even still, theres just something about the way it looks that is just... bad, to me at least. It's probably the fact that it kinda just looks like you're standing in a picture, there isn't really a defined stage of any sort. I'll try to hold my judgement for now, at least until I can try it hands on.
Edit: also, 100th post! Woot wooot!
I'm in the same boat, perhaps with a slightly less positive initial outlook. I really can't tell what they're standing on, and from the perspective of designing a platform brawler this feels amateur.

There are many stages where they've taken the retro version and HD-updated it (Pac-Man's 3DS stage is a perfect example). Why didn't they do it with this? I'd have loved to have seen an upgraded Pac-Land. This just looks... rushed. Like... hey, we don't have a lot of time left until release so let's just copy/paste the original graphics onto the stage. I usually try to keep an open mind about things like this until after I get to play it, but I'm really struggling to see how this will work. Doesn't mean I won't try to enjoy it anyway!

D

Deleted member

One mention of size from Sakurai and the whole community immediately connect it to the Ridley debate. I love it.

I like really retro stages like this. Really looking forward to see how this will truly play out.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
It's Sonic's birthday and they decide to show Pac-Man stage wth 0/10

Kidding. I like this stage. It doesn't really look bad to me.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Hopefully G. Dragmire can at least be as tall as or bigger than Rosalina. I mean, he was bigger than Bowser in Brawl, and 1.8x the size of Link in TP, the game the characters are based from.

So we could have G or Mewtwo next...or we can have another stupid image like this.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Between this update and the the other one back in March where Sakurai also talked about how character sizes didn't matter or something like that, I'd say Ridley is playable and that boss Ridley in the Pyrosphere stage is just going to act as the Toon Link of the Wii-U version in the sense that if someone is playing as Ridley in the stage, boss Ridley is going to be replaced by one of Ridley's many clones.
Allfonzo grows wings! "Leave it to me!"

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I read big as in fame, or power. Is this fairy a goddess? Pacman did come first

Last edited:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
>Worst stage ever because graphics
>Mario Bros. and 75m exist

nah man

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I swear Sakurai reads Miiverse posts or browses the Internet just for bait.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Pfft. Let's be fair. The pic could be about the Sandbag in the white room, and people will immediately be reminded of Ridley either way. :093:

-
Anyway, I had never noticed Rosalina was that big until she popped in THIS game. And I did play Galaxy a lot, and her in Mario Kart, and she didn´t look that much bigger than Peach.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I wouldnt mind this stage if they had revamped it. Its not like we battle on the SNES Onett... if they wanted to keep the original graphics they sholda chose a different game.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I'm not a big fan of the stage myself, but I'm hoping this will at least change a little bit. I want to see the ground or something at the least. I don't have a problem with the retro look, but I think that they could do better than what they put out for this map. Maybe they'll surprise us, but whatever. I think it's their version of Flatzone and whatever that leaf/fish level thing was. I don't have too much of a problem other than the ground.

Also, I think people are grasping at straws by relating this to Ridley. I'm not saying he's not in the game, because I feel like he may be, but I also think that this quote just had nothing to do with him at all. Just because Sakurai talked about size from one of the tallest characters in the game doesn't mean that he is hinting to Ridley.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Rosalina is about 7'7", based on one of the DeviantART user's findings...

This basically means that she's about as tall as Mega Mewtwo X, while being slightly taller than Ganondorf, who's 7'6". And following Sakurai's description, there are Pokemon who outsize Rosalina, such as Rhyperior, who is 7'10", and Beartic, who's 8'6". Even Bowser and Donkey Kong are taller than Rosalina by a couple inches if one were to follow my size comparison images.
Interesting find. Rosalina needs to stay off those giant mushrooms.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina would probably still be much taller than that fairy canonically, if Pac-Man's height relative to that fairy is anything to go by.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hopefully G. Dragmire can at least be as tall as or bigger than Rosalina. I mean, he was bigger than Bowser in Brawl, and 1.8x the size of Link in TP, the game the characters are based from.

So we could have G or Mewtwo next...or we can have another stupid image like this.
Ganondorf if 7'6" though, so it makes sense for him to outsize Link and Zelda. Of course, he's actually shorter than Bowser when the Koopa king is standing up completely straight.

Cerealman

Smash Rookie
Might as well bring back PokeFloats if this stage is considered to be an eyesore. lol

KatKit

Smash Lord
It's pointless expressing my interest in the stage in this topic, judging from the majority of posts. So...... to the Unpopular Opinion thread!

Top Bottom