• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 31st

redxparasite

Smash Cadet
Reshiram, I get. Zekrom, sure. But why put Milotic on this stage? I'm not complaining because I love Gen III, but it seems really out of place. Sakurai you troll.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
This has been an interesting week. It makes me very curious what he will show tomorrow.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
"Zekrom and Milotic will appear, too. Why Milotic? Because why the **** not?"

I seriously hope you're kidding.
Uh, no...best geography, best story, best Pokemon designs, best legendaries.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
All right, I was hoping to see some representation of my favorite Pokemon gen besides a few Poke Balls.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Pretty cool that 3DS gets Black and White Pokémon league and WiiU gets X and Y Pokémon league.
Also, I hope we'll get N's Castle Bridge music on this stage.

Last edited:

SuperDS64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDS64
3DS FC
1676-3810-3884
This surprisingly makes a lot of sense since if the Wii U version gets the Elite 4 stages, then the opposite of that is N's Castle where it overshadows an Elite 4.

ender_idk

Smash Journeyman
I guess I already have a new favorite stage!! :awesome:

So happy to see gen 5 getting some better recognition.

Though I personally wished it took place in the throne room, BUT THIS WILL DO :colorful:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I guess the Pokemon World Tournament stage would be too much like the boxing ring, eh?

N's Castle would be my next choice. I like this :)

Milotic is definitely a weird choice, but maybe it has to do with the statues in the garden in X&Y, like somebody said earlier. Barring that, I guess Sakurai just likes Milotic.

DirtyPete

Smash Cadet
its really hard to tell what exactly this stage is. Ive spent like, 10 minutes+ looking at parfum palace and n's castly, and honestly it doesnt look like either, though it looks most like parfum palace.

I would like to point out that sakurai does say that it is "based on" the surroundings of a castle, which could explain why it doesnt look exactly like either of the castles we suspect this stage to be based on.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Yuck. Gen 5 was bad. And made me start being irritated with Pokemon. Wanted Cerulean Cave....
Funy because to me Gen 4 was bad. That was the generation I got tired of Pokemon. To be honest, it was Gen 5 that drew me back in.

On topic, I remember N having an epic theme during the battle with him. I'm sure it will play on this stage....at least I hope.

Another thing, Black Version was actually one of the more challenging Pokemon games since Silver when it came to the Elite four and the Champion battle. Well, the Elite Four was easy but
after fighting Zekrom to capture him, then N, then Plasma....

Another thing... Wasn't Malotic introduced in gen 3 pokemon?

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
N's castle is a great pick! While the Pokemon of gen 5 are not my favorite, they were all interesting and Nintendo tried to make the story much mor einvolved and interesting. It worked great, and I wished that had kept that trend for Black and White 2 and X and Y instead of taking a backseat again.

N's castle perfectly represents a great stage where actual important story things happen in pokemon.

Last edited:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
This has been a fantastic week for pics of the day (unless you support Takamaru). Two new stages, an item and an assist trophy... makes me very excited for what we'll get tomorrow

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm pretty sure this just about confirms Mega Melotic. While it likely seems to be N's Castle, I'm not exactly sure. Is there a castle in R and S?

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Hey, I'm cool with more pokemon stages. Though I have to say I'm a little disappointed this isn't PokeFloats... :troll:

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
The stage is based on the surroundings of someone's castle. Doesn't that just mean this is the Victory Road near the Elite Four? N's castle is located there and those stairs look like the ones at the league to me.

Besides, those themes i've listened to here above don't really sound smashy...

I'd rather hear a champion or an elite four battle theme.
But Animal Crossing and Wii Fit and Hannenbrow sounds Smashy?

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
I can understand needing a replacement Pokemon because Kyurem is already a pokeball Pokemon, but Milotic? Interesting choice

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
"It's close enough to the launch date, so I don't have to describe this stage to you, right? "

Classic Sakurai
He should just have plastic surgery to turn his expression into that of troll face.

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
So this confirms 2 Pokemon stages on 3DS, I wonder what the second stage on Wii U will be other than the Kalos league.

I'm crossing fingers for Poketopia, but there's still a chance for Pokemon Stadium 3, or maybe a stage based on Pokepark or Pokemon Rumble

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
I'm on the fence about this stage. I'm mostly leaning towards the "excited" side, as one of the Pokemon that appears is one of my best friend's favorite Pokemon (Milotic). Plus, I've always thought N's Castle was an iconic enough structure for Smash. On the other hand, I don't want this to be Spear Pillar 2.0 in the sense that it has the "there are people fighting but then there's a Pokemon and it keeps attacking and screwing everybody over" formula.

I'm crossing fingers for Poketopia.
Poketopia would be such a cool stage!

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Amazing, i friggin loved N castle! wonder if this will be the stage theme

And why the hate to 5th gen? the story was pretty memorable, (for a pokemon game) and the 5th gen is full of great pokemons such as Chandelure whole line, Golurk, Mienshao, Serviper, Haxorus, Cofagrigus, Bisharp, Scolipede, Excadrill, Lillygant, Hydreigon etc... you get the point

Can't wait for whenever pokemon Z comes to see all that megaevolutions :p

IonProductionz

Smash Cadet
Meehhhhh....Why does Reshiram look like he was sculpted out of playdoh in this picture....Hope his tail actually glows red and orange rofl.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Woo! Rep that Gen 5! I've played every gen and enjoyed them all fairly equally, so I'm really happy we're getting representation for both new gens.

My only disappointment is that the 3DS stages only get 2 soundtracks.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Please, please tell me you're kidding. Please.
First of all, opinions. Second, Gen V had amazingly creative and fun Pokemon designs, and the ones that looked like objects were cool, looked slick and made sense (The Vanillite line being essentially Ice-based creatures that cover themselves with snow to protect themselves, ending up looking like Icecream, and the Litwick line being possesed light sources, especially Chandelure) You algo got downright badass designs like Hydreigon, Haxorus, Virizion, Samurott, Reuniclus, Kyurem, Gigalith, Cofagrigus, Accelgor, Scolipede (Especially Scolipede)...etc. You've also got cute and creative designs like Woobat and Swoobat, The Timburr line, Stoutland, Zebstrika, Ferrothorn, Galvantula (Galvantula's one of the coolest-looking bug Pokemon designs, it's up there with Yanmega) and not to mention, arguably the coolest-****ing-looking poster legendaries the Pokemon series has ever had, Reshiram and Zekrom will probably never be topped.

I can tell you that design-wise, Gen V was miles better than Gen I & II, it was varied and had almost all kinds of body types and animal archetypes...this coupled with the fact that during the first playthrough there's no Pokemon from other regions, that made it all the more magical, felt like Kanto all over again, except the designs were much more fun to discover.

Also, Afro Buffalo. I really hope this stage gets the Reshiram/Zekrom Battle Theme as music, as much as I love the N's Castle theme.

Last edited:
Top Bottom