• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 25th

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Does anyone know if there will be online capabilities for Smash Run? The bottom screen seems to indicate otherwise...
It has been confirmed that Smash Run has local play and online play. I'm really confused about why it doesn't state that on the main menu.

LoneWolfRanger

Smash Apprentice
Anyone know why it could be sooo hard to make a bottom screen show a picture? I am really wondering this... I am a software engineer and really... how hard can that be, lol

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I'll be very disappointed if Classic Mode isn't on the 3DS version.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
So, why does the desc. for Smash Run say, "take on three CPU rivals in a final battle!" Why would it specify only CPUs when you're supposed to be able to play this with other players as well.

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
In the glimpse all the modes for the 3ds version from E3 I saw master hand being defeated which means there will be classic mode.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Maybe so, but none of the other icons look this way during this stillshot.
Maybe that is because its not all synchronised? Pehaps that button just got deselected or something i dunno... geez we're really discussing this?:awesome:

Last edited:

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
I'm seriously questioning if the 3DS version has Adventure Mode...

Anyway, beautiful menu as always Sakurai. I'm giving him a virtual clap.
If you look closely at the minute-and-a-half video from E3, it does, with various branching paths to take, based on different fighters!

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
What is that Challenge option in the Menu? I'm curious how he chose to organize it, seeing the lack of the 1P menu, but I guess it must be around there in a sub-menu :p

qwillinallthefish

Smash Rookie
NNID
qwillinthefish
The buttons look very similar to how the City Trial power-ups looked in Kirby Air Ride, but the Challenge button looks out of place and unfinished.

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
What would be the point of getting the Wii U version then?.
HD, Gamecube controller, Gamepad off-screen play, different modes, different stages, different trophies, the ability to use the Amiibos when they launch since the peripheral for NFC with the 3DS apparently won't launch until next year, ideally for tournament settings it would make a lot more sense to use the Wii U version so you don't have all these 3DSs trying to sync up to consoles, the list goes on and on.

It would be the same reason they show the Wii U version in so many demos and used it for the Invitational instead of putting the 3DS screen on a big screen - the Wii U version just looks better and plays better.

The 3DS's ability to be synced up to the TV would be for those couple months when we don't have the Wii U version available, or for those who want to Smash Run on the big screen. I imagine it'd be a relatively simple task with all the work they've already done.

The benefit then of the 3DS would be that you could take it away from the TV and play on the go. Bottom line benefit of the Wii U version is that it was designed not to be taken on the go, and is thus more beautiful and comfortable to play.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
It has been confirmed that Smash Run has local play and online play. I'm really confused about why it doesn't state that on the main menu.
I think it doesn't mention the online capabilities of it because of the fact that they aren't in the online section, so there's no need to mention it. If they clicked online, probably a similar screen would show up that had "For Fun," "For Glory," and "Smash Run" in there or something like that.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
So, why does the desc. for Smash Run say, "take on three CPU rivals in a final battle!" Why would it specify only CPUs when you're supposed to be able to play this with other players as well.
You would have to select the "online" menu to play game modes online. Rather than selecting a game mode and then choosing online or offline this game has it so that there is an "online" menu (seen in the screenshot) where you then select what game mode you want to play while online.

Suli Hyuga

Smash Cadet
Can someone explain to me why there's a wii u functionality there. I thought that Wii U and 3DS has no cross play function.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I asked my Friend DeJeux on GameFAQ's some questions about the upcoming game (her being the pipe burst leaker after all and just generally a friend of mine) And my last question was if Smash Run has online and She Said Yes So I'm pretty sure it has online capabilities

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
challenge: event matches,

games&more: that new trophy mode, home run contest, break the targets

wii u: transfer data to your wii u

RedRambo4

Smash Cadet
Looks good, for some reason, I really wanna play Smash Run with Mega man..it'll be like an upgraded version of his old games

Galespark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Galespark
It looks good, but that "Challenge" button looks kinda out of place imo.

Also, Challenge is probably the same "Challenges" from Brawl, aka achievements where you unlock stuff by doing stuff in the game (Or like the treasure hunt from KIU).

Wii U - 3DS interaction was confirmed to be Custom Characters tranference but I hope there's something else as well.

Classic Mode was confirmed to be in the game in the E3 3DS Trailer as well as other modes:

Hanamaru

Smash Rookie
I'm seriously questioning if the 3DS version has Adventure Mode...

Anyway, beautiful menu as always Sakurai. I'm giving him a virtual clap.
Yes, the 3DS version does have Adventure Mode/Story Mode. I went to the Best Buy Invitational, and had a chance to play both 3DS and Wii U verisons. It was pretty cool, despite waiting in one line to get into another line.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Classic Mode was confirmed to be in the game in the E3 3DS Trailer as well as other modes:
Ah, I knew I had seen Classic Mode somewhere. Now I'm really curious as to how they chose to organize the structure of the game menu.

AncientBaby

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AncientBaby
3DS FC
4854-6493-8093
Am I the only one who thinks the challenge button looks a bit out of place? It seems flatter than the rest. Doesn't really bother me too much, but it's kinda weird.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Anyone know why it could be sooo hard to make a bottom screen show a picture? I am really wondering this... I am a software engineer and really... how hard can that be, lol
I've reread this many times myself.
He says things like this often, and I often just come to the conclusion he must be praising his workers for a job well done.
This one seems particularly strange to me, though, and I do not want to say he is hinting at something, but...
Difficult task... Difficult UI... Difficult Unlock....

#mewtwoconfirmed

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
Hmm... a lot of people are saying the Wii U button is to play cross-play I've seen, not on here as much as other places but I'm pretty sure it's just for data transfer. As for the Adventure mode, I think that'll be exclusive to the Wii U version while 3DS has Smash run, if not, awesome! If so, I'm still satisfied! Wonder what Street Pass will be for! o.o I think if there is any other Adventure mode on 3DS it'll be on the 'Games & More' menu. I could be very wrong though... xD

D

Deleted member

This is almost exactly what I imagined. I like the flat design style in this one.

Polo

Smash Cadet
Something that strikes me as odd is that I don't see the all-important "options" button here. Although it could, of course, be under the "Games and more" section. That would be odd though, as it looks like there would have been enough room to add an options button somewhere on this main menu.
I am also wondering where the Classic mode button would be - probably under the "Smash" button?

Last edited:

gamestationpro

Smash Cadet
NNID
gamestationpro
3DS FC
1993-8204-9756
The challenge option looks imcredibly out of place it doesn't have the same thick black border plus it's a strait up rectangle

IAmEnel

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
The menu's lookin nice! I'm curious as to what the Wii U connectivity and Streetpass will do ingame.

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
Reading through all of these comments its like half of the commenters have kept up with Smash info on a daily basis, while the other seem to have just heard of the game. Because a lot of the questions being asked have been answered in otther directs and quite some time before today.

Regardless, I like the menu it looks sweet. I hope they treat it like Uprising and let you hold and move the icons around.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
Does anyone wonder why there is no pic of the day today?

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Honestly I'm a bit disappointed.
I was expection a whole new kind of look.
Remember the changes we had from Melee to Brawl?

Top Bottom