• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 14th

D

Deleted member

Wonder-Red is 1st party, how many times will I have to tell this >_>

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
So this highly loved character that Nintendo loves and Ubisoft loves and was highly supported... is now a dang thing no one collects. I'm collecting trophies just for this guy!
no one collect trophy in smash?? not true!
Many people like trophies!

NEXT is bomberman!

Last edited:

BlastState

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlastState
3DS FC
0946-2825-3438
Dang, I guess there is just no predicting the greatest troll in the history of Nintendo himself. This will make for a VERY interesting next hour...

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
If this is indicative of more 3rd party trophies popping up here and there (which honestly without him making his usual big to-do about how a thing is unique or an exception to a prior rule it seems likely) then I'm really looking forward to what other franchises or characters might show up now.

Maybe everyone will get some Geno representation finally.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
am i the only one around here not hoping it will be this Shulk guy? That character is not yet an icon worthy of being in smash. I really hope it's going to be Dixie or Space Pirate or something... I'm hoping for more villains in smash so Ghirahim is still a wanted fighter for me... But yeah, we'll see in half an hour from now...

D

Deleted member

am i the only one around here not hoping it will be this Shulk guy? That character is not yet an icon worthy of being in smash. I really hope it's going to be Dixie or Space Pirate or something... I'm hoping for more villains in smash so Ghirahim is still a wanted fighter for me... But yeah, we'll see in half an hour from now...
"Shulk is not iconic" "I hope it's Space Pirate" I don't think you know the definition of iconic...

Zango

Smash Apprentice
Since we now have an Ubisoft trophy, that means the liklihood of an Ubisoft character has increased considerably.

Know what game was published by Ubisoft?

TES III: Morrowind.

Skyrim Guard takes it in the knee!

Rythmic

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zadester
Guys, Maybe we are thinking about this all wrong... Sakurai likes to troll so maybe... *GASP!* LUMS CONFIRMED AS PLAYABLE CHARACTER! :O

PaperX

Smash Cadet
''Hey guys, we're revealing the new fighter today, so have a Rayman PotD in the meantime''

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
"Shulk is not iconic" "I hope it's Space Pirate" I don't think you know the definition of iconic...
I don't think you know the definition of space pirate.
The space pirates are way more iconic than Shulk. Samus' eternal enemies are the spacepirates. They always return in the Metroid series. I don't see why they'd put Shulk above one of their own great characters.

Besides, I don't like another swordfighter again... if we'd get Chrom also, then Shulk is really not that interesting to me. But if Shulk will be revealed, which is highly possible, then i'm just dissapointed. I'll get used to it anyways, but no, still this guy won't be on my wishlist...

Last edited:

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
So is this the new character? Way to wait until the East Coast Received the video, Sakurai. Thanks.

NNID
Majorasmask66
wait if raymans not playable than who from ubisoft is that will let them put a rayman trophy in? mabye they have an other section for gaming in general? dont know...

EpicOtaku

Smash Rookie
CAPTAIN FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
ROBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN
Oh and why are Chrom and Lucina separate characters? At least Lucina should have been Marth's alt.

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926
>Rayman Trophy is a red herring for today's Smash Trailer

CURSE YOU SAKURAIIIIIIIII!

Last edited:

Kirby98

Smash Cadet
Hey guys!! I was right all along!! Chrom was there!! :D Unfortunately they did turn me down on the Balloon Fighter however two Fire Emblem girls? PRICELESS!! :D

Also that announcement today just can't get any better because now the Falcon is back!!

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
Sitting on a chair, letting my eyes burn.
Yeah, screw Ridley, that's not happenin' he's a stage hazard/boss, tons on evidence pointing to that.
"Tons of Evidence"

> Literally just a caption saying "other boss characters will appear as well" With a shadow on Pyrosphere.

You know big court cases would be so much easier if you were a lawyer, you should get into that business.

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
No
"Tons of Evidence"

> Literally just a caption saying "other boss characters will appear as well" With a shadow on Pyrosphere.

You know big court cases would be so much easier if you were a lawyer, you should get into that business.
Nope, there's more then that, do your research, I sure as hell have.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Rayman's face is saying

"Welp, you can't play as me... but you can look at my trophy...

Woopty-freakin-doo."

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
Possible new character from Ubisoft?!

Oldstalk

Smash Rookie
Rayman will be a playable character.
Why ? Because Sakurai is a god damn troll, and he was certainly sure everyone would think "so Rayman is going to be announced today ?" : but it would have been stupid to do that.
They announced 3 characters, however, this trophy is still weird :
- Why would they do a trophy for absolutely no reason at all ? I doubt that Ubisoft is the first company that want to see their character in SSB : they planned something with Rayman, and that wasn't only in purpose to troll.
- Why share it the day where other characters will be announced ? Of course you can think that it's just for the 14th July, but it seems false for me...

KidKrimzon

Smash Cadet
NNID
KidKrimzon
What the actual flying goddamn **** coming at me sideways and on fire?

Like what the ****. Why?! What nonsense is this Sakurai?? That's a popular, iconic third-party character YOU ASKED UBISOFT TO MAKE A ****ING TROPHY FOR?!

This is the fishiest thing I've seen since Zora's Domain.
Ubisoft published No More Heroes... a game franchise originally for the wii... Travis Touchdown pls

KidKrimzon

Smash Cadet
NNID
KidKrimzon
When smash 5 is announced in exactly 13 years (due to a confirmation followed by a cancel then several launch delays) Ezio, TF2 Heavy, Son Goku, Ryu, and Iron man will be confirmed at E3.

A year after deadpool will be confirmed and that will declare the end of the franchise.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
So this highly loved character that Nintendo loves and Ubisoft loves and was highly supported... is now a dang thing no one collects. I'm collecting trophies just for this guy!
I collect them... but I agree with you. We've already seen the image of the trophy. Now what's the point? To get a short blerb about Rayman? That's what we have google for.

Something is going on here! I think he's playing tricks on us...

Rayman has paid his dues to Nintendo, through the Raving Rabids and his wonderful Platforming adventures. I'd say that he would make a spectacular addition to Smash, and he still has a chance!

Gombukelp

Smash Apprentice
Ubisoft are literally holding back a finished Wii U game because the Wii U install base is not big enough in their eyes.

They also made Rayman Legends multiplatform for the same reason, and delayed it on Wii U to do that.

Ubisoft also are not going to make a ZombiU sequel for the same reason.

How is that a good relationship?
And let's not forget about Ubisoft delaying Watch Dogs for the Wii U which hurt Nintendo's sales even more. All of this are are the exact same reasons for me giving up on the thought of Rayman ever being playable in Smash 4,

Until I saw this picture of the day... Darn you Sakurai!

Rayman is one of my most wanted characters and he would fit in so frickin' well with the rest of the cast. Really hoping that he isn't just a trophy because that would suck but it would not make any sense for Sakurai to reveal a newcomer like this. Especially if it is a third party character like Rayman. Everything points towards him not being playable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom