• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - January 21st

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. This is the Luma Shot, which highlights the different ways to control your Luma. You can switch between controlling the Luma alongside Rosalina or away from her." He also added the additional comment "Today is the 15th Anniversary of the launch of the first Super Smash Bros. There may be some players out there who played it on the Nintendo 64 as kids that have grown into adults."

I'm sure there are more than plenty of those folks here on Smashboards today!

Last edited by a moderator:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
15 years of the best gaming series on the planet! Who would have guessed a low-budget experiment would have grown into this?

And it's strange he didn't post a picture related to the anniversary. Where's Pikachu's birthday hats when you need them?!

2ndComing

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LazyAnmtoR
I really think he is trolling and will do another REAL picture of the day since he did it with the Luigi and Rosalina announcement. (I think it was the same for Sonic too)

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
15 years of the best gaming series on the planet! Who would have guessed a low-budget experiment would have grown into this?

And it's strange he didn't post a picture related to the anniversary. Where's Pikachu's birthday hats when you need them?!
They are in 64 :p

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
I remember playing smash 64 15 years ago when it first came out (maybe not quite launch, but close). I was 4 years old and bugged my mom to get it as soon as I saw it in nintendo power because I wanted to play link REALLY bad. I was a huge zelda fan. I always grabbed the laser sword before my sister could get it, because what's cooler than link? Link with a freaking lightsaber!

WHIR IZ COPTEIN FULCON DAMMIT?

I expected at least a new reveal...
also this, this I agree with.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
lol. There is no conversation about Rosalina
I think people are just more focused on the anniversary of Super Smash Bros.. We've seen a lot of different fighting methods throughout the years, but Rosalina takes things even further with the puppet maneuver.

ShinigamiMarth

Smash Cadet
Happy 15th anniversary! I didn't get SSB64 at launch, but it was the first non-PC game that I ever owned (the first game I ever owned - that is, was bought specifically for/by me - was TIE Fighter). :D

About Rosalina, who here was/is expecting a Peach-clone? *raises hand*

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
15 year anniversary.
No dojo or character reveal.

Are we being trolled? I mean, I'm happy for Smash's anniversary and all, with me playing it since 2003, but I feel like Sakurai is not trying very hard to capitalize on dates that go down in Smash history.

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Woot! Happy 15th Smash! Way back when I fought one of my sister's friends who had Smash, he kept playing Samus and camped all over the place, spamming her charged shot.
I did a pic about it on the Miiverse a while ago but the net's slow here. I'm with a lot of others here, for such a milestone as the game's 15th I'd expect some sort of big announcement or reveal.

Top Bottom