• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - February 25th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. There are actually two versions of the boxing ring stage! This ring is the Smash Bros. version…"

He also added "…and this one is the Punch Out!! W.V.B.A. design. King Dedede really likes fighting in the ring, doesn't he?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Aggressive Sock

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I'm going with the Punch Out! version. Not sure why they decided to offer 2 versions of Little Mac's stage. Have they done this in the past with anyone else's? Just seems odd to not have it always be Punch Out! related...

Not complaining, nothing wrong with options and choices etc. Just weird. :)

Gef

Smash Cadet
If they had shown the W.V.B.A sign when they first revealed the stage, that would've revealed mac. Also this could be something really cool. If there are different versions of stages, we might see other cool things. Maybe un-hazardous versions of stages too :o

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I honestly don't see the point and what determines which one comes up is it random or does it depend on the character cause he says "King Dedede really likes fighting in the ring, doesn't he?"

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think the reason they did this is because they wanted to hide the fact it was a Punch-Out stage before Mac's reveal, but they also thought not including the original version of the stage would be a waste of the work they did on the Smash Bros themed version. So they just said "why not just include both versions?".

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Guess this is not dependent on Little Mac's presence like I thought. Still, there are two versions of the ring. The mystery is how are you going to select between both versions... Guess we'll have to wait to find out.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Hype! Not sure about the rope-mechanics, but I do love a good neutral stage :psycho:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I like how the last line "King Dedede really likes fighting in the ring, doesn't he?" is a reference to Mt. Dedede.

S

Sharic X

So, since Little Mac is in the game on both consoles...do we get a boxing ring on the 3DS too?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, since Little Mac is in the game on both consoles...do we get a boxing ring on the 3DS too?

The boxing ring is on both versions. Also, all characters are the same for both games. Sakurai had stated that before.

Some of the stages and trophies are different, though. 3DS stages are based on handheld titles, while Wii U stages are based on home console. There might be a few exceptions, of course.

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
my thought exactly... not that i care that much since i'll only buy the wii u version for now... but yeah, the stages will be based upon the games being released on the specific console... little mac actually had a wii game i believe, but still i think this boxingring is kinda neutral. Since it was shown from the beginning since the first trailer, i do believe there's a big chance the ring also returns in the 3DS version... the two versions we see up here are both for wii u, looking at the graphics...

Last edited:
S

Sharic X

The boxing ring is on both versions. Also, all characters are the same for both games. Sakurai had stated that before.

Some of the stages and trophies are different, though. 3DS stages are based on handheld titles, while Wii U stages are based on home console. There might be a few exceptions, of course.
I knew the characters were the same, but my question was whether the boxing ring stage also appears on the 3DS.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. There are actually two versions of the boxing ring stage! This ring is the Smash Bros. version…"

He also added "…and this one is the Punch Out!! W.V.B.A. design. King Dedede really likes fighting in the ring, doesn't he?"

I like that the bottom picture with DDD & Kirby is a throwback reference to Kirby's dreamland....minus the W.V.B.A logo.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Personally I like the Smash version a bit better.

Mostly this picture just makes me wonder if we'll be seeing other stages with multiple versions... fingers crossed for a stage hazard switch.

Pichu Guru

Smash Apprentice
If only King Dedede had his mask.....then the bottom picture would be perfect.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I guess this will work like Mushroomy Kingdom in Brawl. Depending in the button you hold when selecting the stage.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
You guys up top need to appreciate things more than question it like it's straight up stupid.

Think a little bit. Maybe you can change the stage by pressing a button on the stage select, like Mushroomy Kingdom. Maybe they'll add a new mechanic where if you select a stage, a sub category drops and you can choose the design. Come on now.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Oh sakurai, great and powerful god. We pray to you to not let this stage be a walk-off.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
You guys up top need to appreciate things more than question it like it's straight up stupid.

Think a little bit. Maybe you can change the stage by pressing a button on the stage select, like Mushroomy Kingdom. Maybe they'll add a new mechanic where if you select a stage, a sub category drops and you can choose the design. Come on now.
Maybe when Sakurai says "stage" he means he's including a new minigame where the characters have to act out a Shakespearean play! If you notice the top right 43rd pixel on the first picture, you can see the angle of the glimmer has changed by 12 degrees. If that's true then probably the stage is different from the 3DS version MEANING that Krystal is probably confirmed.

I'm not sure, guess we'll have to wait and see.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
is it just me or does the punch out stage look wider?
The angle of the two pictures is not identical, and the Smash Bros version has a center design that stretches out further, which gives the illusion that the ring is smaller. It's just your eyes playing tricks on you, but I can easily see why someone might think the Punch Out one looks bigger! :V

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Maybe when Sakurai says "stage" he means he's including a new minigame where the characters have to act out a Shakespearean play! If you notice the top right 43rd pixel on the first picture, you can see the angle of the glimmer has changed by 12 degrees. If that's true then probably the stage is different from the 3DS version MEANING that Krystal is probably confirmed.

I'm not sure, guess we'll have to wait and see.
If you squint really hard, you can also see the message hidden among the crowd that says: "Ridley is in this game"

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i like the smash bros version better

Oh sakurai, great and powerful god. We pray to you to not let this stage be a walk-off.
in the little mac trailer we see little mac running from the sides of the boxing arena. i think it is walk off.

Last edited:

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
I prefer the crisp blue of the Smash Bros. version.

I guess this is kind of interesting. We've had multiple versions of a stage before, but never ones that represented separate franchises.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
i like the smash bros version better
Indeed. And even if walk offs were legal I don't think the bars and the ropes are exactly legal either.

in the little mac trailer we see little mac running from the sides of the boxing arena. i think it is walk off.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Two different versions? I wonder what the chance is of there being a third version based on the Mt. Dedede ring. Spear Pillar had three versions, so there's a chance...kind of.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I knew the characters were the same, but my question was whether the boxing ring stage also appears on the 3DS.
In the corner it says which version it's on, this is a 3DS pic, with Little Mac on the boxing ring stage, so that's what Frost was trying to tell you, it's also on the 3DS version.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Yeah, I'm going with the Punch Out! version. Not sure why they decided to offer 2 versions of Little Mac's stage. Have they done this in the past with anyone else's? Just seems odd to not have it always be Punch Out! related...

Not complaining, nothing wrong with options and choices etc. Just weird. :)
It may be just because they wanted to show off the stage before Little Max was revealed, so they made the Smash design, then after Mac was revealed, they decided to keep the Mash design because why not.

Also, this comment "King Dedede really likes fighting in ring, doesn't he?
Masked Dedede hint anyone?

Pichu Guru

Smash Apprentice
I think we'll get both arenas on both versions. The Punch Out version was just shown on 3DS in a Miiverse pic of the day, and the trailer was on Wii U. We've seen the SB version on both in the same respect.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Also, this comment "King Dedede really likes fighting in ring, doesn't he?
Masked Dedede hint anyone?
Not really, he fought in a ring in Kirby Super Star and I believe Kirby's Dream Land.

Top Bottom