• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - February 10th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. A bored-looking dog staring at the TV… Occasionally, the Super Smash Bros. series really makes me confused about what I'm creating."

Last edited by a moderator:

Jsteel3

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jsteel3
3DS FC
1263-6252-1703
ok so people are saying that Ness and Jigglypuff are on the TV. What are your thoughts?
Mine is that I could kind of see Ness but I don't know about Jiggly though she probably going to be in the game.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Along with last Thursday's Rosalina picture, this picture has my favourite caption out of all of the daily pics. I feel like this is Sakurai trying to say "Oh dear god please help me...". Couldn't blame him, looking at the comments on half of his posts! :V

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
If I play as toon link will Alfonzo replace the dog in the backround?

p.s I think the dog looks dead.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
"Occasionally, the Super Smash Bros. series really makes me confused about what I'm creating."
omg too funny x3

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
He is cutting Ness and Jigs, but at least he is adding a little Easter egg of them brawling on the TV. That is sweet of Sakurai.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
He is cutting Ness and Jigs, but at least he is adding a little Easter egg of them brawling on the TV. That is sweet of Sakurai.
I'm pretty sure he said after Melee that the original 12 fighters are never being cut from the franchise. I know he originally intended to cut Ness and replace him with Lucas in Melee, but afterwards, I believe he said he will never consider cutting any of the original 12 ever again (even though Ness not being cut in the end had nothing to do with fan outrage or anything).

Spire

III
BRoomer
I think Sakurai's quote sums up his view on Smash Bros. Perhaps he's truly tired of sitting around, looking at screens all day. Sakurai's in his 40s, yes? I think with Smash 4, he's facing a midlife crisis. This could be his last foray.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think Sakurai's quote sums up his view on Smash Bros. Perhaps he's truly tired of sitting around, looking at screens all day. Sakurai's in his 40s, yes? I think with Smash 4, he's facing a midlife crisis. This could be his last foray.
I think you are taking it in the completely wrong context. Smash Bros is a very weird franchise full of strange little details (for example, the random photo of a cat inside the hut of the Ice Arena in Pokémon Stadium 2 in Brawl). Even the very notion of presenting the idea of a fighting game where Mario can beat up Pikachu is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure this caption is just Sakurai acknowledging that, even though he's been doing this for a decade and a half, he still never fully gets used to how crazy some of the ideas he puts in this game are. In this case, the idea of having Nintendo characters fight on top of toy blocks while an adorable puppy plays in the background is pretty out there.

I just find it amusing that even he is still amazed by these games.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Sakurai is personally trolling me, I post stuff about the TV and how we haven't seen the stage this weekend, first post on Monday is the TV with the stage... He's watching me...

xArc_Knightx

Smash Rookie
NNID
xArc_Knightx
3DS FC
4871-3861-6892
If you look closely in the background, you can see a tree... that must mean ridley is confirmed! azfdsjaFSD!!!!
(It's a joke just laugh at it)

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
This is me imitating some trolls. OMG I CAN SEE A SPECK OF GREEN ON THE TV!!! YOSHI DECONFIRMED! fcgdfcxdgvVCDSz!!VBVFCVF65et

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Even if Ness and Jiggz are on the TV, Alfonzo will just replace them when they join the battle.

"When Ness or Jigglypuff join the battle, you can tune in to Alfonzo!"

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
I wonder if you have to play on the nintendogs stage every so often or else your pups will grow hungry and thirsty and end up hating you, meaning if you don't play on the stage for a while the dogs will attack you, and if you play on it often, they will be less of a stage hazard... That would be a really inventive but dumb mechanic.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
the tv displays nothing of importance. even in the nintendogs game, the tv was useless. putting characters on the screen does not make sense.

Top Bottom