• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - December 3rd

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Some characters were displayed flat in their original games, so we made some trophies flat as well. For example, flat trophies from Rhythm Heaven and WarioWare…"

He including a second image and said "Strike different poses when viewed from behind!! The designers made these from scratch for this game--thank you, designers. There are other trophies that may strike a completely different pose, and some may not even show their backs at all."

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
he knowssss of rhythm heaven
he knowsssss

(read in Smeagol-esque voice)

Last edited:

Tanark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tanark
3DS FC
4227-4063-6713
Rhythm Heaven trophy... I guess this is a one of the supporting clue for Chorus men DLC?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Rhythm Heaven trophy... I guess this is a one of the supporting clue for Chorus men DLC?
Uh... No.

Why are people still on the "Chorus Men will be DLC" boat? That ship sunk when the leak was debunked after Chrom was deconfirmed.

Tanark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tanark
3DS FC
4227-4063-6713
Uh... No.

Why are people still on the "Chorus Men will be DLC" boat? That ship sunk when the leak was debunked after Chrom was deconfirmed.
Oh, it is? well, good. I'm not a fanboy of Chorus men.
Thanks for replying

Meiwaku

Smash Rookie
Didn't someone a find Rhythm Heaven icon in the 3DS code? I wouldn't say they're a shoe-in, but it's not really debunked either...

D

Deleted member

Hopefully not, and probably not.

In my opinion, the Chorus Men have no place in Smash Bros. as a playable character.

Tanark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tanark
3DS FC
4227-4063-6713
This has NOTHING to do with them. like at all. I hope you don't become a Ridely and yell Confirmed at every single thing.
As I said, I'm not a fanboy of Chorus men nor Ridely. Well, I have Chorus-men-fanboy-friend and debated their moveset and concluded as "He won't be smash with that crappy moveset." same as Ridely. What can he do in Smash.

TL;DR. I don't want to they join in smash. I'm just curious about possibility about their attendance in smash

+Edit: Well, I guess there are no possibilities for chorus men :p

Last edited:

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
Uh... No.

While I do have to agree with you, I feel that Chrom could easily be confused with Lucina, also he is pretty much in the game... :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Pose for the fans .......... until Sakurai gives you the promotion you deserve soon. :cry:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Uh... No.

To be fair, the whole theory of Gematsu acquiring outdated information from early in development is still quite viable, especially considering he got everything else right and Sakurai did indeed consider Chrom..

..please I just want my Chorus Kids so badly.. ;~;

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
To be fair, the whole theory of Gematsu acquiring outdated information from early in development is still quite viable, especially considering he got everything else right and Sakurai did indeed consider Chrom..

and how do you know he considerd Chrom? Because he is in a final Smash? nope.
*rubs your back* Its ok. I have sympathy for you

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
and how do you know he considerd Chrom? Because he is in a final Smash? nope.
*rubs your back* Its ok. I have sympathy for you
Well, I'm actually referring to a certain interview where Sakurai discussed his viability as a playable character until they finally decided upon not including him due to less uniqueness. It suggests that Chrom may once have had a spot in the work-in-progress planned roster.

Here's the interview.

Most notably this part:
I played all the way through FE:A and really wanted to include a character from that rich cast in Smash Bros. Naturally, I considered adding Chrom to the roster, but the decision wasn’t easy by any means.

Last edited:

Liggli

Smash Apprentice
Flat trophies looks so lazy. Yes, they are 2D, but some other characters has had 3D trophies while being 2D in their original game.

And why are Mr. Game & Watch a flat playable? Because his games where 2D? So was Ness, and Pokémon, and Ice Climbers...

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Outtaded information doesn't make the slightest bit of sense, because he claimed that they were still considering to cut either Lucas or Ness right at the end of development.

Plus we know that Chrom was never planned to be included (only briefly considered).

Minty_

Smash Apprentice
Dat butt -- Sexy. Hawt.

Shake that money maker baby. Shake it.

Last edited:

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Flat trophies looks so lazy. Yes, they are 2D, but some other characters has had 3D trophies while being 2D in their original game.

And why are Mr. Game & Watch a flat playable? Because his games where 2D? So was Ness, and Pokémon, and Ice Climbers...
Being 2D in a 3d world is G&W's schtick, though.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Because Nintendo!!

Seriously though, are you sure of what you're saying?
  • Pokemon has 3D games (Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2, all Pokemon games since X & Y, anything else I may have forgot)
  • When Earthbound 64 was a thing (in other words, before it was cancelled), Ness was shown to be there and the game's also in 3D
  • For Ice Climbers, it's an NES game...... If all NES series that managed to survive until the N64 (and/or beyond) got 3D, why wouldn't the Ice Climbers?
So Game & Watch is pretty much the only one left to still be 2D

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Outtaded information doesn't make the slightest bit of sense, because he claimed that they were still considering to cut either Lucas or Ness right at the end of development.

Plus we know that Chrom was never planned to be included (only briefly considered).
The bolded bit is why I feel that the Gematus leak, regardless of what legitimate info it had, is no longer reliable due to having an outright inaccurate information. The outdated argument doesn't explain the fact that Chrom was on that leak despite never being planned.

GymleaderBen

Smash Apprentice
dont really care if we got some characters from rhythm heaven, but god could they not put a single remix from fever in the soundtrack

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
Okay, this has been bothering me ever since I saw the second picture.

HOW IS HER HAIR DONE DIFFERENTLY FROM ANOTHER ANGLE? ALSO THE MIC IS IN HER OTHER HAND! AND THE ARMBAND!

dont really care if we got some characters from rhythm heaven, but god could they not put a single remix from fever in the soundtrack
THIS.

Oh, and Happy 13th Birthday NTSC Melee. (I just wanted to throw that out there.)

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I haven't examined too many Wii U trophies, but this is a cool tidbit. The attention to detail in this game is mind-boggling.

Top Bottom