• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 22nd

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
The absence of TSUNKU♂ in the list of the composers concerns me a bit, I really want some Rhythm Heaven characters/stages.
This^ I at least want a Rhythm Heaven stage if we don't get the Chorus Kids. Rhythm Heaven has some catchy songs that I'd love to fight to!

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
As a musician I heartily enjoy this update.

Attachments

Skides

Smash Rookie
NNID
Skides
3DS FC
1289-8354-1948
Paper Mario TTYD music must be in the Paper Mario Stage

"Saki Kasuga (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)Fire Emblem series
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door"

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
The music in Brawl was one of my favorite things about it. This update has single-handedly wanted me to pre-order the 3DS version of this game. I NEED SMASH 4 AND ITS AMAZING OST NOW!

Last edited:

Tiptup

Smash Cadet
Composer for FFXIII.... ummm don't give me hype like this. Some of the best game music i've ever heard has come from this guys head.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Ooh interesting:
Noriyuki IwadarePhoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
GRANDIA

I know that Phoenix Wright probably isn't going to be a character, but it looks like some lesser known franchises will be getting music representation at the very least.

That said, I would fangasm at a Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies stage. Every now and again an "OBJECTION!" bubble appears as a powerful hazard lol. You can have "Hold It!" as a weaker hazard and maybe a Blackquil cameo with "Silence!". Jinxie could come on and throw charms at people, Means' staff could fly across the screen... There is a lot that could be done with a stage like that!

It's never gonna happen, but I want it to godammit!

Atsuko Asahi (Nintendo)Mario Kart 8
Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Oh my God please give me the electric guitar remix of Gusty Garden Galaxy's theme. That was just the best in MK8!

Yoshihito Yano (BANDAI NAMCO Studios Inc.)Katamari Damacy series
SOULCALIBUR series

Oh. Well, it appears it just lists the two most recent or possibly best-known worls of the composer. Katamari Damacy has not had a game on a Nintendo console, so music from said franchise being in this game would be dumb and isn't gonna happen :(

Last edited:

Beanybunny

Smash Cadet
NNID
atombeany
3DS FC
2019-9824-4588
Uuuggghhh I wanna hear that Ballad of the Goddess arrangement so bad now! The music previews we have sound so wonderful. ;w;

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I can't wait to hear DK Island Swing for the fourth game in a row.

Said nobody.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Don't tell Miiverse that a composer for One Piece is announced, otherwise they'll believe Luffy is confirmed. On a hypocritical note, I hope that Motoi Sakuraba means that Isaac is confirmed :p

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Why do people think the composers list is confirming any characters? That's just plain stupid.

classix410

Smash Cadet
Shulk is obvious at this point too many clues leading to his reveal. Back when the July 14th reveal video was teased the developer retweeted Sakurai's tweet. He's in smash.

Uffe

Smash Hero
People calm your ***** down... when a omposer of some franchise is mentioned it doesn't instantly mean there's music from any related third party in Smash. It also does not confirm any unrevealed characters or stages or whatsoever. For Brawl there were tons of composers from outside of Nintendo's labs so just sit still and patiently wait until the full list of tracks gets revealed.
You're right. If listed composers equated to confirmed characters then that would mean we're getting Dante and/or Nero from Devil May Cry. Hirokazu Tanaka's music was in Brawl, but Dr. Mario was clearly not in-game.

Last edited:

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
Considering most of the music on my 3DS is smash/VG music, I love this!

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Why would he show those particular songs?
This is an obvious tease from Sakurai
Oh man then I guess since one of them worked on music for One Piece, Luffy's confirmed right?

I hardly think it's a tease, this is just plain stupid really.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Okay seriously everyone, you can't take a composer's credits and just assume a character is coming out. And if you are going to think that, you have to go all out and include every composer.

Ace = Shulk
Masada Coda = Qurupeco
Masashi Hamauzu = Lightning
Kenji Ito = Romancing Saga Character
Noriyuki Iwadari = Phoenix Wright
Shota Kageyama = Greninja
Yuzu Koshiro = Etrian Odyssey Character
Yasunori Mitsuda = Chrono
Michiko Narude = Gren or Rebecca fro Wild Arms 5
Keiichi Okabe = Tekken Character
Hideki Sakamoto = Toukiden Character
Motoi Sakuraba = Llyod Irving
Tetsuya Shibata = Dante
Yoko Shimomura = Sora
Masafumi Sakada = Neigi or Kyoko
Hirokazu Takada = ...Ridley?
Kumi Tanioka = Another Final Fantasy Character
Nobuko Toda = Raiden :troll:
Shohei Tsuchiya = f if I know
Atsuko Asashi = Villager
Daisuke Matsuoka = Mii
Toru Minegishi = Wii Fit Trainer and Toon Link
Ryo Nagamatsu = Hilda
Mahito Yokota = Rosalina and Luma
Keiki Kobayashi = Idolm@ster character
Rio Hamamoto = Another Tekken Character
Hiroki Hashimoto = Pac-man
Yoshinori Hirai = Taiko Drum master Character
Taku Inoue = Yet another Tekken character
Jesahm = Dixie Kong
Saki Kasuga = Lucina
Hiroyuki Kawada = Another f if I know
LindaAI-CUE = Taiko character?
Yuji Masubuchi = Klonoa character
Junichi Nakatsuru = Soul Calibur character
Katsuro Tajima = Katamari Damacy Character
Torine = another Idolm@ster Character
Ryo Watanabe = RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER
Yoshihito Yano = Another Soul Calibur Character

But seriously guys. The musical composers themselves have NOTHING to do with character choices. Composers are hired on a completely individual basis for each game unless they enter a specific contract with a company to compose music for X amount of games. The fact that these composers do not cover every character already revealed should tell you that easily.

Great we're going to have a way to customize our battle music for smash run though. I'm looking forward to it.
Nope Hirokanzu Tanaka clearly hints at... Doctor Mario being playable :troll:

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
This is the update I never knew I wanted. I am going to use this so much. One of the best parts of Brawl was the soundtrack, and I still put on the sound test to this day.

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
Everyone who is taking the list of composers and games they worked on as character confirmation "hints" need to chill the **** out. The only thing that list confirms is the composers who are composing music for Smash 4, Nobuo Uematsu composed the main theme for Brawl, did we get any Final Fantasy or Square Enix characters in Brawl? No, no we didn't.

That being said, this was a cool update that confirms some great music is in store for us in Smash 4, but that's ALL it confirms lol

thedoctr11

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedoctr11
Link in PotD three days in a row...it's the sign of three. Ganondorf is coming...

Jehu

Smash Rookie
That doesn't mean anything. If that were so, you'd might as well try and say Snake is confirmed too, but we all know he more than likely isn't.
Yeah I agree, all of these titles being mentioned to the right of the composers are simply their resume. Doesn't confirm anything. Sakurai is letting us know that he has hired the best composers for the job. On the other hand, it does make Shulk and a Xenoblade level... ever so slightly... more likely than yesterday.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I watch all the composers...

Mother of God.... The soundtrack is gonna be amazing and the Wii U is gonna get twice of it. I'm gonna empty my MP3 just to put smash music!!!

The composer of Dark souls and Tales series...
Is the same composer of...Golden Sun...
Kinda weird show 3rd party games, but not the 2nd party games like golden sun that are really part of nintendo universe and its already appear as a assist trophy in Brawl... Seriously, where the hell is Isaac and why is OWN composer don't show Golden Sun when the Xenoblade Cronicles composer show Xenoblade???? WHY??????

Last edited:

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543
The game is being made in Japan and has Japanese composers? How surprising... :rolleyes:

As for those thinking this composer list means anything regarding characters, you might want to check this out: http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_uk/music/music01.html
Wow. If people are still thinking the composer list hints at playable characters now, think about what might have happened back then....

The Isaac fans must have went crazy with "omg guise isac eez chonfurimed1!1111" and got blown out of the water at his AT reveal.
Don't even get me started on people back in Brawl days that supported Sora that saw the KH composer on there.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Everyone who is taking the list of composers and games they worked on as character confirmation "hints" need to chill the **** out. The only thing that list confirms is the composers who are composing music for Smash 4, Nobuo Uematsu composed the main theme for Brawl, did we get any Final Fantasy or Square Enix characters in Brawl? No, no we didn't.

That being said, this was a cool update that confirms some great music is in store for us in Smash 4, but that's ALL it confirms lol
Kudos for having a One Piece avatar and not being one of those people instantly believing Luffy's confirmed.

The only one on the list that piques my interest as far as leaking information is the MGS4 composer, as many have pointed out. Could just be the composer branching out and expanding her resume a bit, could be Sakurai really liked her work in Brawl and invited her back... could be something more.

Last edited:

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543
I wath all the composers...

Mother of God.... The soundtrack is gonna be amazing and the Wii U is gonna get twice of it. Im gonna empty my MP3 just to put smash music!!!

The composer of Dark souls and Tales series...
Is the same composer of...Golden Sun...
Kinda weird show 3rd party games but not the 2nd party games like golden sun... Seriusly, where the hell is Isaac.
Yeah, that's kind of suspicious. Kind of. To quote Sakurai from the Brawl Dojo when he posted the composer list,
"This is dangerous. A little risky."

This could mean anything or nothing for Isaac.
Not to mention Golden Sun was a credited game for one of the composers in the Brawl list, and now a Golden Sun composer is making music for Smash 4 and Golden Sun isn't credited for him.

Take this into consideration.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The works listed for the composers, nor the composers themselves imply any sort of content. Is this so hard to understand?

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Chrono Trigger music? In Smash? Life=Made. Please be true! The only problem is that they won't have the entire CD on there!

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. The 3DS version has an excellent Sounds collection! The design looks nice for a sound test screen, doesn't it? The font color for the "Remix" text on remixed songs comes in pink or white. The pink ones are songs arranged for this version of Super Smash Bros., while the white ones are remixes made in earlier Smash Bros. games. This means there are reoccuring songs from past releases."

He also included a second picture saying "Choose your songs and play with features on the bottom screen. You can listen to character voices, too. One of the new highlights for this feature is the "Play in Sleep Mode" option in the upper right. If you turn this on, you can listen to the tracks with your headphones even when your Nintendo 3DS is closed. The L and R Buttons will let you skip tracks. This means you can use it as a portable music player. Enjoy listening to the tracks you love by putting all songs in loop, shuffle, or selecting your favorite tracks!!"

Finally, he included a couple additional comments saying "In Smash Run, the background music plays randomly from the songs you select from the track list. This means you can customize your own song lineup!! Usually each stage has two tracks-which makes for a lot of songs on its own-but as a bonus, we've added more songs for you to enjoy in Smash Run and in the Sounds area."

"By the way, here's another music announcement!! You can now listen to some of the tracks on the official website. We're planning to add more tracks a little at a time, so stay tuned.
www.smashbros.com"
Great i can't wait to see more i hope a Earthbound stage gets announnce before the near last week

joomragre

Smash Cadet
Guys! And gals! I think sakurai just hinted at the lack of authenticity in that last character roster leak from 4chan with this potd. He wrote "the design looks nice for a sound test screen, doesn't it?" I take that as a statement that smash is being perfected down to the little things that shouldn't matter, therefore the character selection that was leaked doesnt meet the standards they're working towards with franchise characters not being grouped together as it has been the norm since the beginning. Thats just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Top Bottom