• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 22nd

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
image.jpg

Please tell me the composer of Guile's theme is on here to.
I will be genuinely upset if we get Monster Hunter songs from Capcom, but no Guile's Theme.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
People calm your asses down... when a omposer of some franchise is mentioned it doesn't instantly mean there's music from any related third party in Smash. It also does not confirm any unrevealed characters or stages or whatsoever. For Brawl there were tons of composers from outside of Nintendo's labs so just sit still and patiently wait until the full list of tracks gets revealed.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
DJ Sakurai confirmed.

Raph_the_Great

Smash Apprentice
Just look at that gorgeous menu!

Leak is false guys. There's no way Sakurai would allow the character and stage menus to look so bland. Not in a million years.

But wow, Awesome update! I loved Sound test in Brawl, so I'm definitely gonna love it in the Smash 3DS. And Yay! they're gonna be updating the music section seperately from pics of the day this time!

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Oooh. Wonder what Sonic and Mega-Man songs we will get.
Let's hope Sonic gets some good songs, Sonic Generations, Sonic Unleashed, and The Sonic Adventure series are good games for music to add to the game. I hope we aren't stuck with the disappointment we got in Brawl. Sonic only got like, 7 songs, and there was only one remix, I might be wrong though. I do know though, Sonic didn't have many remixes in Brawl.

HONY

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-1450-7268
People calm your ***** down... when a omposer of some franchise is mentioned it doesn't instantly mean there's music from any related third party in Smash. It also does not confirm any unrevealed characters or stages or whatsoever. For Brawl there were tons of composers from outside of Nintendo's labs so just sit still and patiently wait until the full list of tracks gets revealed.
lol my bad. I forgot this happened with Brawl too!

But seriously this update is more exciting than a character reveal for me. I feel bad for those of you that found this "meh." The possibilities of mobile video game listening while in sleep mode has me VERY excited!!!!

mistermews

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8819-2543
HOLY RIDLEY.

The composer list is awesome....
Seriously though. There are a lot of composers, some of which composed some of my favourite music...

We've got a Xenoblade composer, a freaking Danganronpa composer, a CHRONO TRIGGER composer, and a lot of others.
I'm surprised that they even let names like Splatterhouse and DMC get on the website. Because, you know, it's rare to see mention of non-Nintendo games on Nintendo websites?
My point is that while it doesn't mean there will be songs from the game that are mentioned, no. It means the music will be really, REALLY GOOD.

Anyways, nobody is confirmed yet.
except Shulk. Shulk is super confirmed. Monado Monday.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Musicians of Nintendo 3DS version

ArtistMain Compositions
ACE (TOMOri Kudo / CHiCO)Xenoblade Chronicles
Music for "ONE PIECE exhibition" under the editorship of Eiichiro Oda

I found this on the website! Never thought I would see something about ONE PIECE in smash bros.
That's just what they've composed for before

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Part of what I really liked about the dojo were the song previews, so they may be coming a bit late but I'm glad we're finally getting a sneak peak at them!

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
I just went to the website, and I saw another customization feature reminiscent of Brawl's (crappy) sticker system.

I have lost faith in humanity.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Why must they do this? We can convert videos into MP3 by simply googling it, someone no many people will upload the OST of this game and then every viewer can use youtube converter to put it on their smartphone or ipod.

Pointless other than allowing youtubers to record the music to then put it online.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
So fantastic! Incredible! Waking up to see this is worth it. Why didn't Awakening had this?! Sakurai is a genius, no doubt. Can't wait to hear the soundtrack. The main theme seems to go on Brawl's direction so I wont invest in it, Melee's always my favorite.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
"Nobuko Toda (FILM SCORE LLC)Metal Gear Solid 4
TIME SCOOP HUNTER"
Taken from the Website #SnakeConfirmed! :awesome:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Isn't that the Kalos Pokemon League stage he's on?
If he's both assist trophy and boss, Girahim could appear as the trophy on any stage. There is no reason a boss version would appear on a pokemon stage.

This is, however, just one possible answer to why his theme is in the game. It is equally possible that someone on the development team just thought the music was fitting.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Well I'm seeing a lot of third party developers here for music. I see Kindgom Hearts, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter, etc. My prediction is that we may see yet another third party character in smash. Not like I would actually want to see one myself but I don't know if people would be hyped for Sora or the return of Snake or something like that.

S. Knight

Smash Rookie

ArtistMain Compositions

I found this on the website! Never thought I would see something about ONE PIECE in smash bros.
Luffy confirmed

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I'm personally excited about seeing the Paper Mario: TTYD composer on this list. I mean, a lot of the composers get me excited because they are all so good, but can literally listen to TTYD music every day forever.

Firelucario

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2664-2218-5783
Sweeeeet, I'm always excited for all of the music tracks that are being remade for the Smash Bros. series. There are so many excellent tracks that I recognize and new tracks to discover. Brawl was a real music fest! I hope this time will be just as good... :laugh:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Also, what the ****'s up with all the composers being Japanese!? Where's David Wise? Where's Grant Kirkhope? Where's Jake Kaufman?

And also...where's Jun Senoue?
The game is being made in Japan and has Japanese composers? How surprising... :rolleyes:

As for those thinking this composer list means anything regarding characters, you might want to check this out: http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_uk/music/music01.html

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Okay seriously everyone, you can't take a composer's credits and just assume a character is coming out. And if you are going to think that, you have to go all out and include every composer.

Ace = Shulk
Masada Coda = Qurupeco
Masashi Hamauzu = Lightning
Kenji Ito = Romancing Saga Character
Noriyuki Iwadari = Phoenix Wright
Shota Kageyama = Greninja
Yuzu Koshiro = Etrian Odyssey Character
Yasunori Mitsuda = Chrono
Michiko Narude = Gren or Rebecca fro Wild Arms 5
Keiichi Okabe = Tekken Character
Hideki Sakamoto = Toukiden Character
Motoi Sakuraba = Llyod Irving
Tetsuya Shibata = Dante
Yoko Shimomura = Sora
Masafumi Sakada = Neigi or Kyoko
Hirokazu Takada = ...Ridley?
Kumi Tanioka = Another Final Fantasy Character
Nobuko Toda = Raiden :troll:
Shohei Tsuchiya = f if I know
Atsuko Asashi = Villager
Daisuke Matsuoka = Mii
Toru Minegishi = Wii Fit Trainer and Toon Link
Ryo Nagamatsu = Hilda
Mahito Yokota = Rosalina and Luma
Keiki Kobayashi = Idolm@ster character
Rio Hamamoto = Another Tekken Character
Hiroki Hashimoto = Pac-man
Yoshinori Hirai = Taiko Drum master Character
Taku Inoue = Yet another Tekken character
Jesahm = Dixie Kong
Saki Kasuga = Lucina
Hiroyuki Kawada = Another f if I know
LindaAI-CUE = Taiko character?
Yuji Masubuchi = Klonoa character
Junichi Nakatsuru = Soul Calibur character
Katsuro Tajima = Katamari Damacy Character
Torine = another Idolm@ster Character
Ryo Watanabe = RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER
Yoshihito Yano = Another Soul Calibur Character

But seriously guys. The musical composers themselves have NOTHING to do with character choices. Composers are hired on a completely individual basis for each game unless they enter a specific contract with a company to compose music for X amount of games. The fact that these composers do not cover every character already revealed should tell you that easily.

Great we're going to have a way to customize our battle music for smash run though. I'm looking forward to it.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
"Only" Japanese composers? I don't think that's reasonable. Some of the most legendary VG composers aren't Japanese.
The game is still being produced in a Japanese studio. The music is being recorded in a Japanese studio.

Under these conditions, it would be necessary for non-Japanese composers to fly all the way to Japan and that is very cost heavy and not worth the investment. It's cheaper to find talent in Japan, where, as we can see, there are already a lot of talented musicians. Some of them worked on Sakurai's previous two projects (Brawl and KIU), for example.

It's all a matter of cost and efficiency. Hiring 40 composers is already expensive enough, considering most games only have around 4 or 5 composers at best.

The only games that have Western composers are those produced outside of Japan.

Rubbertop

Smash Cadet
NNID
Matt.C
3DS FC
4511-0538-1886

ArtistMain Compositions

I think we all know what this means...

:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I BEEN WAITING THIS SINCE LAUNCH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im gonna cry... today is a good day to hear!

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
Smash music is always amazing! Being able to pick songs for Smash Run from that awesome library... Just fantastic! >u< Also, I'm loving the look for that menu!

-But, I'm sad. All Tales of has in terms of representation is Motoi Sakuraba. No Lloyd Irving :(-

rooky711

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlendedSmoothie
Motoi Sakuraba has taken part in making many of the songs in Brawl, including the Airship Theme (from SMB3), Mario Golf/Tennis music, Victory Road (from Pokemon), among others. And though it may not mean anything, he did compose the music in Golden Sun, and arranged the Battle Scene / Final Boss - Golden Sun:TLA tune in Brawl. So I'm hoping for more Golden Sun music even if there isn't a GS rep as a playable character.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I have to admit, the music that was chosen on the website is really underwhelming. It's lacking a certain.. something.

Aidan Drury

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aidansapunk
3DS FC
4639-9589-2345
I can see some music coming from Sonic Colors (hopefully Reach for the Stars)

Top Bottom