• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 21st

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
About damn time, now impa will rein!!
No but seriously I'm sorry for all the people that wanted him in but I just could never see it happening. As I've always said at least they're in the game in some form

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Link is a character with different incarnations, it makes sense to have more than one. Like in melee in where the adult Link and a younger version of him appeared. Toon Link is not only a younger version of Link, but also he represents a different graphical-artistic style that appeared by the way in more titles than Twilight Princess Link. I rather cut Ganondorf wich is a dumb clone that does not make sense at all. I rather cut "regular" Link. I rather dont have all those characters wich only purpouse in the game is just fanservice that overrepresents series in SSB, like Lucina, Rosalina, Palutena.
Ganondorf is the main villain of the Zelda series and is rather iconic, cutting him is like cutting Bowser or King Dedede out of their respective series (I know Ganondorf's a clone, but he's likely getting revamped like Bowser did), this would be even worse than axing Mewtwo, the fanbase would riot if Ganondorf wasn't in this game as a playable fighter.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
The one thing I can definitely agree on is the annoying fact that Toon Link (Literally the Link Mini-Me) was put in over characters like Midna and Impa... And yes even Ghiraim though I didn't care much for him. Impa, like Zelda has been in SO many Zelda games.

I don't blame TL for the loss of characters since we have like 5 playable pokemon but honestly, a Link clone getting in over characters like Ghiraim IS a bit sad.

The fact that Ganon isn't announced yet is bad enough.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf is the main villain of the Zelda series and is rather iconic, cutting him is like cutting Bowser or King Dedede out of their respective series (I know Ganondorf's a clone, but he's likely getting revamped like Bowser did), this would be even worse than axing Mewtwo, the fanbase would riot if Ganondorf wasn't in this game as a playable fighter.
It would quite annoying if he returns as Falcon clone for a 3rd time.

Last edited:

Gina the Maid

Smash Cadet
I hope Vaati still has a chance at being playable! I like him so much ever since Minish cap!

Last edited:

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
it bothers me more that toon link is back with the same weapons as link. zelda is more than just bombs, bow and arrows and a boomerang. he should have had the deku leaf,skull hammer etc to have variety.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Everyone thinks he's going to be a sword fighter, but the truth is that he is going to lick your opponents to an inch of their life.

Gina the Maid

Smash Cadet
I have a feeling that next week a REALLY BIG surprise awaits us concerning the characters. Something that will put all speculations to die and rot in a pit somewhere.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Technically, Toon Link (or a child incarnation of Link) is the secondary hero of the Zelda franchise (with young adult Link being the main hero), just like how Luigi is the secondary hero of the Mario franchise. While both Toon Link and Luigi seem like clones that waste spots, they actually deserve their spots on account of their overall importance in their own series. Now I do get being annoyed that Toon Link hasn't been very "Luigified," but he does deserve his spot among Nintendo greats.

Gina the Maid

Smash Cadet
Technically, Toon Link (or a child incarnation of Link) is the secondary hero of the Zelda franchise (with young adult Link being the main hero), just like how Luigi is the secondary hero of the Mario franchise. While both Toon Link and Luigi seem like clones that waste spots, they actually deserve their spots on account of their overall importance in their own series. Now I do get being annoyed that Toon Link hasn't been very "Luigified," but he does deserve his spot among Nintendo greats.
No, he's definitely not a luigi to mario. They're definitely not there at the same time and they're not brothers. I hope they take the opportunity to use the custom moves to make toon link stand out from link

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
No, he's definitely not a luigi to mario. They're definitely not there at the same time and they're not brothers. I hope they take the opportunity to use the custom moves to make toon link stand out from link
I'm not saying that it's an equal relationship, but for the most part, Mario takes center stage in most games, but when he doesn't, Luigi fills the gaps. An adult Link typically is the star of the most "important" games of the series, but when he's absent we get a child instead.

HONY

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-1450-7268
Idk how so many of you can call yourselves diehard LoZ fans (and you must be to be so vehemently into Ghirahim) and hate on Toon Link so much. Toon Link is the best! I'd never want him cut for anyone. He's the greatest Link character design EVAR.

Gina the Maid

Smash Cadet
I'm not saying that it's an equal relationship, but for the most part, Mario takes center stage in most games, but when he doesn't, Luigi fills the gaps. An adult Link typically is the star of the most "important" games of the series, but when he's absent we get a child instead.
ok:GCA::GCY:

infomon

Smash Scientist
It would quite annoying if he returns as Falcon clone for a 3rd time.
By now, we can say that Ganondorf is no longer a clone. Like, this is his character, that's his moveset. Ganondorf as a character is an homage to Captain Falcon. This is the new canon. w00!

Gina the Maid

Smash Cadet
By now, we can say that Ganondorf is no longer a clone. Like, this is his character, that's his moveset. Ganondorf as a character is an homage to Captain Falcon. This is the new canon. w00!
BOOOOOOOO! I don't like that idea, Ganondwarf deserves to not be related to captain falcon

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
I'm starting to see a pattern here. All characters are staring to turn into items.

Ghiriham is an assist trophy.
Waluigi is an assist trophy.
Chrom is part of a final smash.
Midna is an assist trophy.
Zoroark is in a pokeball (or, at least that's what I see coming when I thought I saw him in the Greninja trailer).

Don't get me wrong, I love the roster so far with Greninja and the totally unexpected Robin, but how would you feel if they made Shulk a trophy like Rayman, or Professor Layton as an assist trophy, or worst of all in my opinion, Mewtwo in a Master Ball?

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
My condolences to all Ghirahim supporters out there. TBH, I never cared about Zelda side-characters being playable. But I have been through a few disconcerting deconfirms of my own. I can imagine how it rocks your foundation about the final product of this game.

It happened first with Tingle. Then Skull Kid. Then Midna. Now Ghirahim. The side-characters always come to this fate. At least Hyrule Warriors gave us a response to all the fanservice within the Zelda series.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
The one thing I can definitely agree on is the annoying fact that Toon Link (Literally the Link Mini-Me) was put in over characters like Midna and Impa... And yes even Ghiraim though I didn't care much for him. Impa, like Zelda has been in SO many Zelda games.

I don't blame TL for the loss of characters since we have like 5 playable pokemon but honestly, a Link clone getting in over characters like Ghiraim IS a bit sad.

Well Impa is not deconfirmed yet, she still may be playable.

Also Link appears in a toon form in so many Zelda games, so it does make sense for him to be represented in Smash like that. I wouldn't say he got in over anyone though since he's a veteran and took a lot less time than any newcomer added in Smash 4.

PaperX

Smash Cadet
Rest in peace Ghirahim supporters while Toon Link feeds on your tears.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Thursday mourning satisfaction. Ah

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440

Impa & Ganondorf are the only Zelda characters worth adding into Smash, since they had multiple appearances in the series in some form (Ganondorf originally started out as Ganon before the timeline was implemented and Impa has multiple different versions of herself, to be honest Impa should have replaced Sheik since she's only appeared in 1 Zelda game, being OoT and it's 3DS remake), again if Ganondorf gets cut, it's going to end up just like what happened when Mewtwo got axed in Brawl and it'll be worse since Ganondorf is on the levels of Bowser in terms of villain ranking.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I
Who said they wanted him to replace him with Gannondorf, since I've been here I never seen any such comments. I just don't see why he couldn't have been added in as another villain to the series because we are surely lacking some in that department.
i've seen a lot of them on Miiverse though. Haven't been in here this long to even notice any.

G-K

Smash Cadet
Really sad about Girahim, a lot of wasted potential.
But hey, who can complain when TLoZ's represented by two Links (one of them a clone), two Zeldas and Dorf (another clone), right?

Last edited:

Beanybunny

Smash Cadet
NNID
atombeany
3DS FC
2019-9824-4588
Two villain assists in one week...wonder if Ganondorf will show up tomorrow now.

And with him, news of a long-awaited direct w/ newcomer reveal! But let's be real, that's all just a pipe dream...

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I saw the pic and was Girahim seriously.....hey wait....oh.................the assist trophy deconfirmation strikes again, not that I care but sure some poeple cared, so my condolences to all of you Girahim supporters,

He was on my wanted list as well, but I wanted him along side Gannondorf. This game lacks a variety of villains, but oh well I guess.
What about Mario? He is a womanizer, drug addict, animal abuser, family abuser and mass murderer. That's enough to be a villain.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I'm done...
This is not something I often do, but here is my GIF reaction:

View attachment 22429

Well, I am quite sad, I must say. Ghirahim has always been my most wanted character. I supported him long before I even joined this forum. It's crazy to think he's finally done.

That said, I'm not too terribly distraught. I had a gut feeling it was going to happen, and at the very least, he is in Hyrule Warriors, and he looks very fun at that.

Cheers! :urg:
I had the same feeling for midna man and i also have a feeling that it'll happen to tetra tooo sigh all we can do is hope dream on the characters we want

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Sadly Ghirahim is not in Smash 4 as a challenger. The roster doesn't look much better now, as most of the characters are from Brawl with not as awesome 1st party characters as wanted. From Zelda, I would like to use Impa and the most I want Isaac in the game!

Sakurai just prove that leak wrong and announce some wanted characters already! Isaac, Impa and others would make Sm4sh much more exciting!

Isaac for Sm4sh! Many GS fans and I have been waiting since 13 years (2001 first GS game) for his entry. He better be playable this time round!

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I had the same feeling for midna man and i also have a feeling that it'll happen to tetra tooo sigh all we can do is hope dream on the characters we want
If anything Tetra could get her own slot on the roster, if Toon Zelda were to be playable (remember Toon Zelda was planned for Brawl and Tetra would have likely been her down B move similar to Zelda/Sheik).

Top Bottom