• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - April 7th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. An insatiable, unidentified extraterrestrial is targeting a certain peaceful town…!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It is a Metroid Tentacool! That can only mean Ridley Charizard is going to be revealed this week, right?

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
YES!!! Suck the life out of all those stupid AC characters!! They're with too many anyways!

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Y'know, the idea of a Metroid sucking the life out of everyone in an Animal Crossing town's brains is quite dark and horrible. We can only hope Villager'll ask Copper to open the gate to save everyone (Except Tom Nook). Once everyone evacuates, he faces off with the Metroid. He has a quirky smirk, and a small text bubble with two options appears.

"Would you like to save your game?"

"Yes, save and quit!"

"Saving. Please do not turn off the Wii console. Saving complete! See you soon!"

Then, he time travels to winter, and all the falling snow freezes the Metroid.

"Don't mess with Smashville, you little creep!"

He takes out his slingshot, pulls, and...

"Phsheeeew!" (Yeah, that's how I spell the slingshot sound)

Then, Samus and Pit arrived, and officially declare him the third of the Metroid/Komayto Hunters, and they all take selfies in stupid poses.

:D

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Y'know, the idea of a Metroid sucking the life out of everyone in an Animal Crossing town's brains is quite dark and horrible. We can only hope Villager'll ask Copper to open the gate to save everyone (Except Tom Nook). Once everyone evacuates, he faces off with the Metroid. He has a quirky smirk, and a small text bubble with two options appears.

"Yes, save and quit!"

"Saving. Please do not turn off the Wii console. Saving complete! See you soon!"

Then, Samus and Pit arrived, and officially declare him the third of the Metroid/Komayto Hunters, and they all take selfies in stupid poses.

Weirdest... 46 year old... Ever...

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

"Yes, save and quit!"

Story of my life.

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
It's nice to see things returning for the new game! But I still look forward to seeing everything that's new. Then again, who isn't?

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Keep in mind you guys, Sakurai is best friends with Kojima. Kojima's trolling could have rubbed off on Sakurai. I know chances are slim, but I would love to see Snake come back(I know people say he doesn't fit but he was awesome and unique as well). We'll have to wait until tomorrow to officially see what awaits us.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Okay, another assist trophy confirmed. Cool, cool. Can't help stave off the hype for tomorrow!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well let me put it to you this way Frosty: it's Metroid who's the second Metroid assist trophy, we don't need Metroid to have three assist trophies now, do we?
That hardly is any evidence. The Metroid series having two Assist Trophies has no correlation with Ridley being a playable character. There's still the possibility of him being an AT or a stage hazard. This picture changes nothing about that.

PokéMurio

Smash Apprentice
Have you guys seen the amount of Ridley comments in this POTD? Sakurai and cast just can't ignore Ridley on tomorrows direct.

Last edited:

NinthWonder

Smash Apprentice
Ridley totes confirmed. If you look in in the upper right corner of the picture and stare really hard, you'll see a dragon.

It's evidence, guys. Hard evidence.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
A Metroid Assist Trophy is boring? Guy, you suck more than the Luigi, Gust Bellows and Metroid pics combined!

;)
;~: (On a serious note, I thought that the Metroid was returning as an Assist Trophy, so confirming my predictions makes me not impressed. But the main reason I said this was because of the Smash Direct

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
;~: (On a serious note, I thought that the Metroid was returning as an Assist Trophy, so confirming my predictions makes me not impressed. But the main reason I said this was because of the Smash Direct
Was just kidding, of course. You don't suck THAT much. :3

And well, of course it's not as exciting seeing a old Assist, especially right Before a News-filled Direct. But it's still a important Assist Trophy, and it's better than Luigi's nose and Rosalina's unmentionables, right? ^^

Poof

Smash Rookie
I'm sure I'm not gonna convince anymore people bout Ridley...but remember that hole in the back of the new metroid stage? What if that only changes when Ridley is on the battlefield? Kinda like the Punch-Out arena. Judging from the pics of the stage it'd be difficult but who knows.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Ridely confirmed as sticker.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Ridely confirmed as playable sticker.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
'Ridely' wants to offer you a ride to WriteMyNameCorrectlyVille

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
Can Metroid be more violent this time around? He sucked as his last job. :awesome:

Top Bottom