• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - April 4th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. Hello fighters! I'll assist you with fresh-picked fruit from my town!♪"

Last edited by a moderator:

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106
So... She's an assist trophy that acts like Peach's FS?

Last edited:

Eskelsen

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eskelsen
The upcoming Smash Bros Direct makes up for this picture of the day. I ain't even mad.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
It looks like her model is the same one from Animal Crossing Plaza. I guess that's how it'll live it's legacy after it closes.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Missing the other quote:

Congratulations on your appearance Isabelle! I also have another important announcement. On 4/8, at 3 PM PST (8/4 11 PM UK time), we'll be airing a Super Smash Bros. Direct!! There will be all kinds of info about the new Smash Bros. games on this simultaneous global stream that will be delivered "directly" to you, so don't miss it! You'll be able to watch the stream from the official site (www.smashbros.com).

Ephecus

Smash Apprentice
I'm excited for the announced direct but it is nice having Melinda as an assist trophy too.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I like todays pic, I'm introduced for the first time to this character so I'm happy to see this Isabelle from Animal Crossing in as a Assist.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I like todays pic, I'm introduced for the first time to this character so I'm happy to see this Isabelle from Animal Crossing in as a Assist.
kinda agree here... I don't like the animal crossing style at all and I'm still not sure what tyo think about Villager, but if more characters from AC join, then please let them be assists and not playables...

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Well this was disappointing. This is the least exiting screenshot in the past few weeks. If it were Resetti... I'd like it... But this crap?

Hopefully the Nintendo Direct is good.

Silic0n

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silic0n
I'm just excited for the Smash Direct that's happening on Tuesday. I hope I'm getting hyped for a good reason.

Myuutsufan4832

Smash Journeyman
I don't feel any joy after looking at the pic of the day... why is she going to throw fruit when while fighting anyone hardly pays attention to fruit but they pay full attention to Metamatoes , Hearts, and the new Fairy.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I was expecting Tom Nook as a assist Trophy....
But a more underground character enters as AT.
This shows that Tom Nook maybe is a character after all...

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Yay! Isabelle-chan is an assist trophy. Finally something interesting pops up. :>

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Forget the pic. Smash direct on tuesday. Most likley a confirmed release date will be announced, a newcomer, a veteran, some more gameplay, new mechanics, and probably final smashes.

Cant wait!

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't seem like a lot of people like Isabelle. I wonder why? I personally love her character and I think she'll make a great addition as a healing assist. And I don't mind that she's dropping minor healing items. When I'm playing with items, I take all the healing I can get. I even fight for healing when I'm healthy, so others can't come back.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
It doesn't seem like a lot of people like Isabelle. I wonder why? I personally love her character and I think she'll make a great addition as a healing assist. And I don't mind that she's dropping minor healing items. When I'm playing with items, I take all the healing I can get. I even fight for healing when I'm healthy, so others can't come back.
A) If anything, an ideal active rep from Animal Crossing would be Tom Nook or someone well-known for quite sometime (even though Isabelle is very well known thanks to New Leaf's popularity).

B) She's an assist trophy, and you know not a lot of competitive players like items on in the first place due to RNG of items popping to you or your opponent.

C) Haters gonna hate. I really do like her entry in the series, but I guess it's just an Internet thing. Some people like it from here but the rest hate her (even though she's an assist trophy, which means she's not going to fill up any playable character slot).

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I never play using healing items... they're lame... especially when it drops in front of one character and the other fighter can't even get there in time before the other... I actually never use items... only in the beginning to just play with them for fun, but later on it'll get more and more competative, so no items allowed in my personal matches :p

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
Could it possibly be that the fruit she throws isn't consumable? It could very well be that they are throwable fruit items that she drops.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Girlfriend loves AC:NL and thus is now more hyped for the game.
I love the game in general and the comment announces a Smash Direct making me more hyped for the game.

Everybody happy!

Last edited:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I knew it! the lack of newcomer last month, was gonna give us a Smash Bros direct!
I mean we had Pokemon and Wii Fit directs so why not Smash Bros?

Last edited:

CCD23

Smash Cadet
Hmmm. I wonder if this means Mr. Resetti is out of Smash 4? If so, I would be disappointed. It might sound weird, but I actually like Mr. Resetti as an assist. :surprised:

That being said, I wonder how many pieces of fruit this assist trophy will generate? Or if this affects Peach's Final Smash at all? I personally wouldn't mind it if her Final Smash was changed into something more damaging.

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Hmmm. I wonder if this means Mr. Resetti is out of Smash 4? If so, I would be disappointed. It might sound weird, but I actually like Mr. Resetti as an assist. :surprised:

That being said, I wonder how many pieces of fruit this assist trophy will generate? Or if this affects Peach's Final Smash at all? I personally wouldn't mind it if her Final Smash was changed into something more damaging.
I think we can have 2 AC assists

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I adore New Leaf, and I like Isabelle showing up here. Whether I liked the Resetti assist or not (News Flash: I did) it's nice to see another face from AC around.

Still not expecting Tom Nook except as a trophy/background character.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I would have liked this more than I already do if she put Public Works Projects down. Like a bridge acting as a platform over a hole that you could fall through, or maybe the bus stop with a bus that comes by and hits the opponent. Just a thought. Can't change it now.

tbtechwiz

Smash Apprentice
somepeople are ignorant lol that pic of the day was for the direct or a clever way to announce a smash bros direct which will be happening on the 8th of april

Top Bottom