• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - April 30th

SD Grandmaster Hero

Smash Apprentice
Lol There was no confirmation. Until I see the words "Ridley is a boss" or anything along the lines, he and really any other unconfirmed character still have chance IMO. Ridley in the Direct means nothing to being confirmed as a boss.
Well, I think there's no way for Ridley to become a playable character. Not just because he would take up 5 slots on the character select, but what would they do with him?

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Well, I think there's no way for Ridley to become a playable character. Not just because he would take up 5 slots on the character select, but what would they do with him?
Can you imagine seeing Ridley with bunny ears and dat squirrel tail on RIDLEY???? lol XD

if his playable that is, which I sort of doubt.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
This is without doubt my favorite PotD so far. Now we just need a pic of raccoon Sonic, raccoon Fox McCloud, Raccoon Lucario, Raccoon, Zero Suit Samus, and Raccoon Yoshi

SuperHyperMegaTurbo

Smash Cadet
This is one of those items that's annoying to program in, since it takes special tweaking for each character (especially if they all get a special tail attack), but this is one of the things that makes Super Smash Bros. great: this is a fun item. Just because it takes more work spread across the entire cast doesn't mean it's ruled out!
I would say it's certainly a sign of putting real effort into the design of the game, making fun come first, and not just trying to take the cheapest route (not that I would say that any Smash Bros. has been cheaply made!).

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
There are plenty of ways to include Ridley as a playable character. Not including him based on "errr we can't think of a way" is an extremely poor excuse. He could be downsized to roughly larger than Ganomdorf or have a model size that is roughly between that and his Brawl mode and become the first over-sized character (TvC PTX and Gold Lightan for example). While implied, there is nothing confirmed about Ridley being a boss and we know that Sakurai tends to "troll" the Ridley fan base. Those are just two of the many ideas about how Ridley could be implemented correctly. Myself, I just want to see Ridley with raccoon ears and a tail....hence why I said potentially.

However, this discussion is better suited for:

http://smashboards.com/threads/official-character-discussion-thread.347464/
and
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...h-brothers-for-wii-u-3ds-thread.324284/unread

Last edited:

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Side effects may include, but are not limited to, strange garbage eating tendencies, loss of all sense when crossing roads, and becoming parodied in a PETA campaign.

Uffe

Smash Hero
D'awww! Look at Toon Link. x3 PETA is going to be all over this one. I want to see Ness with this. I especially want to see Captain Falcon with this item on. xD

bicth

Smash Cadet
Peach is doing her "la la la la la la" taunt in this picture, so that's coming back .

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If the Tanooki Tail can fly you over long distances like they did in Super Mario Bros 3., then this will be used to cake walk Adventure mode.

R0Y

Smash Master
Tail clips through Marth's cape yes, but damn the character models in this game look good.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
i'm guessing charizard and fox and pikachu migth only get the ears... maybe their tails get replaced by this new tail...

It leaves questions in any case... we'll have to wait for futher details =(

GameQ

Smash Cadet
lmfao the tail just glitches through Marth's cape
The correct term you're looking for is "clips" not "glitches". Just doing my part a game developer to make sure terminology is better known by all so we can all understand each other (;

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
The correct term you're looking for is "clips" not "glitches". Just doing my part a game developer to make sure terminology is better known by all so we can all understand each other (;
Thanks lol, good to know :p

Cancel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Diaz30
I wonder what this item is going to do? will it make them float in the air longer.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
All I can imagine is Peach doing her float as part of her recovery and then feather falling with the tanooki suit. She'll never die on dream land.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
why have 2 jump assist items? the rocket belt will work just fine. use the tanooki suit as an attack item like pressing A spins you around, and tilting or smashing A will make the tail attack longer and more powerful.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Just wait and see! There's gonna be fanart of characters turning into full-on furries after using one. And even Raccoon form shipping!

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
I'm really interested to see how this works on the animal characters who already have tails.

Also a little bit of a wasted opportunity; Luigi's doesn't let him have a Kitsune tail and ears. Dang.
I just spoke with one of my friends about this, and we said that maybe someone could randomly become a fox rather than a raccoon, we added that maybe you could do more damage and knockback than with the normal raccoon tail. Of course, it would be rather rare. What do you think of this plan?

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I just spoke with one of my friends about this, and we said that maybe someone could randomly become a fox rather than a raccoon, we added that maybe you could do more damage and knockback than with the normal raccoon tail. Of course, it would be rather rare. What do you think of this plan?
nope

IKEkameHAMEha

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5300-8881-3567
everyone take a good look at that statue you wont be seeing it when palutena is being played alfonso (or whatever his name is) will be replacing her in battle NO JOKE.:evil:
oh and darkflame the raccoon tail would just replace whatever tail he or she has
so fox would get a racoon tail the ears i dunno probs racoon aswell

Last edited:

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
everyone take a good look at that statue you wont be seeing it when palutena is being played alfonso (or whatever his name is) will be replacing her in battle NO JOKE.:evil:
oh and darkflame the raccoon tail would just replace whatever tail he or she has
so fox would get a racoon tail the ears i dunno probs racoon aswell
I wasn't talking about Fox. I was talking about the fact that in the Super Mario 3D series, when Luigi gets a Raccoon Leaf, he becomes a fox rather than a raccoon, yet you look at pictures of him in here, you don't see that, he's just a raccoon. As such, I thought it would be cool for someone to randomly become a fox from the Raccoon Leaf, possibly do more damage and knockback from usual if you can attack with the tail.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Well guys, looks like Ridley is deconfirmed; he would look too adorable in in Tanooki form.

IKEkameHAMEha

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5300-8881-3567
I wasn't talking about Fox. I was talking about the fact that in the Super Mario 3D series, when Luigi gets a Raccoon Leaf, he becomes a fox rather than a raccoon, yet you look at pictures of him in here, you don't see that, he's just a raccoon. As such, I thought it would be cool for someone to randomly become a fox from the Raccoon Leaf, possibly do more damage and knockback from usual if you can attack with the tail.
oh i get it like if you get lucky you will be a fox instead and get bonus power and speed i like it!
how would it look on fox? (lol yes i bring up fox again)
wait they havent even decided if you can attak wtih the tail

not wise nintendo showing off the tail YES
showing it off on a character with a cape so it goes throught NO

Last edited:

SD Grandmaster Hero

Smash Apprentice
Lol There was no confirmation. Until I see the words "Ridley is a boss" or anything along the lines, he and really any other unconfirmed character still have chance IMO. Ridley in the Direct means nothing to being confirmed as a boss.
There are plenty of ways to include Ridley as a playable character. Not including him based on "errr we can't think of a way" is an extremely poor excuse. He could be downsized to roughly larger than Ganomdorf or have a model size that is roughly between that and his Brawl mode and become the first over-sized character (TvC PTX and Gold Lightan for example). While implied, there is nothing confirmed about Ridley being a boss and we know that Sakurai tends to "troll" the Ridley fan base. Those are just two of the many ideas about how Ridley could be implemented correctly. Myself, I just want to see Ridley with raccoon ears and a tail....hence why I said potentially.

However, this discussion is better suited for:

http://smashboards.com/threads/official-character-discussion-thread.347464/
and
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...h-brothers-for-wii-u-3ds-thread.324284/unread
Actually, if you re-watch the Smash Bros Direct, it says "Boss characters make appearances in other stages, not just this one." while the box on the bottom says "Other boss character appearances." all while showing Ridley's shadow on the Pyrosphere stage. If that doesn't confirm him as a boss, this will the be Sakurai's biggest troll moment ever.

IKEkameHAMEha

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5300-8881-3567

Actually, if you re-watch the Smash Bros Direct, it says "Boss characters make appearances in other stages, not just this one." while the box on the bottom says "Other boss character appearances." all while showing Ridley's shadow on the Pyrosphere stage. If that doesn't confirm him as a boss, this will the be Sakurai's biggest troll moment ever.
@ SD Grandmaster Hero SD Grandmaster Hero that shadow was kirby with ridley's big wings like how he gets pit's wings he gets ridley when eaten so to make it different from kirby's pit form they made the wing flap.
RIDLEY IS NOT DECONFIRMED *cough*I think*cough*
but this discussion is better for whatever link Venus

Top Bottom