• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - April 2nd

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Smash Wii U & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai says "Pic of the day. The Gust Bellows can blow opponents away with its powerful wind blasts. When someone drops it, though, the gusts run wild! Out of the new items, more than a few will be from The Legend of Zelda series. We'll take the most interesting and straightforward ones and reformulate them to match the Smash Bros. world."

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
This is a pretty interesting PotD, I would kinda imagine aerial fighters like Kirby, Sonic, and Pit having trouble avoiding this breeze.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
And here we have another Zelda item.
Now, alot of people are saying that since we have alot of Zelda items, the chances of a Zelda newcomer are decreasing, and that the Zelda series will be represented through assists and items instead of a new character.
While I see where these people are coming from, I completely disagree. The reason we are getting more Zelda items is probably due to Sakurai realizing how many great items the series has, as each game has its own unique items for solving dungeons. I feel that Dungeon Items will be to Zelda, as Pokéball Pokémon are to Pokémon, items that represent a major part of the series, but don't effect the amount of playable characters.

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
Here come the he's not actually holding it comments.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Alright, alright. These past few updates are rockin'; new items, new stages, new Final Smashes, what's not to love?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Alright, alright. These past few updates are rockin'; new items, new stages, new Final Smashes, what's not to love?
It seems that the closer we get to th release, the more info Sakurai is going to be throwing out in PotDs.
Hopefully, these means more frequent character reveals.

There's been some nice updates, bit I'm still waiting for a character reveal.
There will most likely be one this month, since Nintendo holds a worldwide direct about every other month, and Sakurai has announced a newcomer in every worldwide Direct since December (Rosalina in Decemeber, Little Mac in February).
And since the last big Direct was in February, there should be an April one.

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
You don't think that Nintendo is holding back on character announcements because the rest are unlockable, do you? Did they do that for brawl?

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
You don't think that Nintendo is holding back on character announcements because the rest are unlockable, do you? Did they do that for brawl?
Luigi and Marth were unlockable in previous games, and look what happened this time around.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I'd like to see items from more than just Kid Icarus and Zelda. Like the Metal Box, or Wisps from Sonic (if possible)

Malion

Smash Ace
I'm glad for new zelda items. We've only had... what 3 before now?

I guess that is more than aveage but zelda has great items.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'd like to see items from more than just Kid Icarus and Zelda. Like the Metal Box, or Wisps from Sonic (if possible)
So would I, but as I said above, Zelda (and Kid Icarus Uprising now that I think about it) has a huge focus on items, and there are a lot of unique items that are used to progress through different parts of the game, so there will probably be a lot more of those items than items from other series.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I really hope other series get new items too, with all the mario powerups, metroid items, kirby powers, all the other zelda and KI items there is lots of potential
Luigi and Marth were unlockable in previous games, and look what happened this time around.
Although I have a hunch that marth will be a starter now, since he's pretty much the face of fire emblem

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Cool looking item and all, but...

Why is he not holding it??

Uffe

Smash Hero
Let's see how many jokes we can make with this.

"Come on over to Beedle's Shop! We're having a blow out sale!"

"Blow me down! Shiver me timbers!"

"Honey, I blew up the kids."

Q: How do you know when Toon Link is full of hot air?

A: When he's holding the Gust Bellows.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Probably a glitch, or some sort of bug they need still need to buff out.
The game still sign completely finished after all.
Yeah I understand that it's maybe something that just isn't ironed out yet, but if that's the case it's almost like... why take THIS particular screenshot then?

Honestly I I'd figure it's just Sakurai going "**** it, you ain't gonna notice that."

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
well, for a pic of the day, i'd suggest you do the right pic, not something showing a glitch, so i guess that it's just a fact we have to deal with it ^^

I'd say MORE ITEMS FROM ZELDA

Last edited:

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Although I have a hunch that marth will be a starter now, since he's pretty much the face of fire emblem
Oh yeah. That IS a good point. Anyways @ Sahfarry Sahfarry : I've personally been thinking Sakurai's got something big for this month. As to what, only time will tell.

On subject, why do I get the feeling scrubs are gonna abuse the crap out of this? Oh. Because it blows. :p

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Yeah I understand that it's maybe something that just isn't ironed out yet, but if that's the case it's almost like... why take THIS particular screenshot then?

Honestly I I'd figure it's just Sakurai going "**** it, you ain't gonna notice that."
Maybe Sakurai just hates people with OCD.

XakYm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XakYm09
3DS FC
0018-0121-2348
That item was so fun to use on the little bugs in the sand temple.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I just noted that Toon Link is holding the gust bellows like it was a Super Scope, just look at his right hand.
Super Scope confirmed!

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
I hope they take advantage of the franchise rights from Sega and Capcom. I hope they put in one or two items from Sonic the Hedgehog and the Mega Man series. The Sonic items would be a computer box that spawned like in the classic games and it would have a random item. A shield(bubble, fire, or electric which would suck up healing items instead of coins maybe, and invincibility maybe. I know there is star man already.) I'm trying to think outside the box. Also can we get the old layout back please? It's extremely obnoxious navigating smashboards with a mobile device.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
That item was so fun to use on the little bugs in the sand temple.
The item was fun unless you had OCD like me and in every room with sand you blew away every last spec of sand. I even tried doing it for the Scorpion mini boss.

Last edited:

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
I like how Toon Link isn't even holding it. He is somehow balancing it on his shoulder without it blowing itself away.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
One more thing. I'm crossing my fingers that the Gale Boomerang will not return. I was sad to see they even changed Link's intro animation from coming down from a time warp in shining blue light to coming in with a boring gale boomerang which made no sense at all. The boomerang was good for picking up items but the regular boomerang felt much better and helped for combos extensively.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
One more thing. I'm crossing my fingers that the Gale Boomerang will not return. I was sad to see they even changed Link's intro animation from coming down from a time warp in shining blue light to coming in with a boring gale boomerang which made no sense at all. The boomerang was good for picking up items but the regular boomerang felt much better and helped for combos extensively.
Actually, his Intro animation in Brawl was based on his Warping from the first Zelda and such. ^^

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
More Zelda items? I'm okay with this.

Wonder what else we'll see? The Whip? The Skull Hammer? Maybe by some long shot (no pun intended >_>), the Cane of Somaria?

Last edited:

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
This is a pretty interesting PotD, I would kinda imagine aerial fighters like Kirby, Sonic, and Pit having trouble avoiding this breeze.
Not really. We didn't have trouble avoiding FLUDD either. All you have to do is walk instead. Also it seems like it's the size of the Cracker Launcher from Brawl which would make it super easy to work around, since they can't attack you while holding big items until they throw them.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I really love all the new items thus far, Zelda and non-Zelda. I would love to see the Cane of Byrna from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past in this game; it is mine favourite item in the entire Zelda series. The Magic Cape could work as well. It would also be cool to see the Ether, Bombos, and Quake Medallions. [Shrugs] That being said, I am not getting mine hopes up.

Top Bottom