• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

I was one Bufu cast away from killing the king then he used Rampage, which despite me having Eligor equipped (phys resistant Persona) he instakilled Yu from 211 HP.
EXCELLENT BOSS DESIGN. One boss which is an useless, sized up enemy with a weak arsenal save for one move which is randomly used that instakills the entire party.
What were your thoughts on the castle's last boss?
Did you go straight back the the castle or grind in the bathhouse first? Because I dont think you are supposed to go straight back to the last dungeon. . .especially because the reward is so good, I used it for almost the rest of the game if i'm remembering correctly.

I played the castle a really long time ago, so I dont have a vivid memory of the story boss, but I remember the mook to her right was a annoying, and that she was a bit of a damage sponge.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Did you go straight back the the castle or grind in the bathhouse first? Because I dont think you are supposed to go straight back to the last dungeon. . .especially because the reward is so good, I used it for almost the rest of the game if i'm remembering correctly.

I played the castle a really long time ago, so I dont have a vivid memory of the story boss, but I remember the mook to her right was a annoying, and that she was a bit of a damage sponge.
I tried it as soon as it became available, got wrecked, left.
Went back in once I reached level 24, still got wrecked.
I probably won't beat this until I'm at level 30 or something.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Oh hey! This place is (relatively) active!
Anyway, school recently started for me yesterday. It hasn't been too bad so far. I am in a lot of honors classes though, so it may get a bit tough later down the line.
Aside from that, Kingdom Hearts has recently (and by recently, I mean since mid June) become my life.
I have been playing games besides KH, but I've currently been playing the games since June. So far I've played the first 3 games and I've watched all of the cutscenes from 358/2 Days. I've recently started BBS a few days ago, but I've only beaten 2 worlds (Not including the Land of Departure). I think I will be aiming for both the secret ending and the secret episode, although I hear getting the secret ending is tougher than getting the secret ending in the original version of KH2 (I played the Final Mix version, where getting one of the secret endings just requires you to complete all worlds).
I'm going to lose my sanity aren't I?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In other news, Miiverse will apparently be closing down in a few more months. This can be troubling for the Super Mario Maker fans, as Miiverse is needed in order to share courses.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Oh hey! This place is (relatively) active!
Anyway, school recently started for me yesterday. It hasn't been too bad so far. I am in a lot of honors classes though, so it may get a bit tough later down the line.
Aside from that, Kingdom Hearts has recently (and by recently, I mean since mid June) become my life.
I have been playing games besides KH, but I've currently been playing the games since June. So far I've played the first 3 games and I've watched all of the cutscenes from 358/2 Days. I've recently started BBS a few days ago, but I've only beaten 2 worlds (Not including the Land of Departure). I think I will be aiming for both the secret ending and the secret episode, although I hear getting the secret ending is tougher than getting the secret ending in the original version of KH2 (I played the Final Mix version, where getting one of the secret endings just requires you to complete all worlds).
I'm going to lose my sanity aren't I?
Getting the Secret Ending in BBS isn't that hard in the the HD remix. Pretty sure they made unlocking it and the secret episode easier.
In other news, Miiverse will apparently be closing down in a few more months. This can be troubling for the Super Mario Maker fans, as Miiverse is needed in order to share courses.
From what I read, Mario Maker won't be affected. It will get a patch to allow level sharing to continue.

Smash on the other hand will, as you won't be able to share stages, Mii fighters and replays (even upload to YouTube) anymore.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I don't understand why they're canning Miiverse. Does the Switch not use it?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pretty sure the Switch doesn't. Like the Wii U it was probably an overall failure and is not worth paying to keep the servers housing the program running. That's my best guess at least. Either that or they're planning a major overhaul of the Nintendo Network once the Switch Paid Online starts up.

I'm just surprised it's being canned before Wii Shop Channel is. Other than Sakurai's updates, I can't personally say that I'll miss it.

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I personally didn't use Miiverse too much, but it was the only way for me to take screenshots with a 3DS, so I'm going to miss being able to do that.
Getting the Secret Ending in BBS isn't that hard in the the HD remix. Pretty sure they made unlocking it and the secret episode easier.
*Looks up criteria*
Oh, you just have to get the Final episode, complete the sticker album, and beat 9999 Unversed in this version.
Well I'm glad it's that much easier in this version. Beating 9,999 Unversed seems like it might take a while, but I'm guessing it won't be that far away when I reach the end of the game.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I personally didn't use Miiverse too much, but it was the only way for me to take screenshots with a 3DS, so I'm going to miss being able to do that.

*Looks up criteria*
Oh, you just have to get the Final episode, complete the sticker album, and beat 9999 Unversed in this version.
Well I'm glad it's that much easier in this version. Beating 9,999 Unversed seems like it might take a while, but I'm guessing it won't be that far away when I reach the end of the game.
Beating 9999 is easy if you just go to the first worlds. A few minutes doing loops of Castle of Dreams and I got the trophy needed.
Also helps that I went after all the optional bosses with Terra. That and having completed Aqua and Ven's story I was somewhere between halfway and three quarters of the way to 9999 before I abused the low level enemies.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I just got done with all of Elizabeth's dates in P3.
The game not going "Haha, got you" and subverting my expectations honestly surprised me.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just bought a PS4. It came with Call of Duty Infinite Warfare, which I have absolutely no interest in playing...hopefully I can get a decent price if I sell it to use towards something else.

I have the day off tomorrow and I can't wait to download and marathon Sonic Mania and the MvCI demo. :)

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Been a while. :starman:

I'm doing the final trials in Breath of the Wild. I attempted it 4 times so far, but the 4th attempt yesterday left a bad taste in my mouth. I got to the room surrounded by Guardians. Now, this seems to be a simple matter of just deflecting the beams back one by one, but after killing the first guardian, two more guardians lit up, making this considerably harder. I tried to hide behind trees so that I could tackle the Guardians one at a time, but I just couldn't find a good spot, and most of the time, I'd get blasted. I then tried to take them both out with one shield deflect, but I pressed A too late, so one laser broke my shield while the other brought about my inevitable demise.

Hopefully, I can get past that stupid room today. Better if I can actually beat the final trials on this attempt.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I still go back every now and then to do random sidequest after random sidequest in Master Mode. Last thing I remember doing good was completing Tarrey Town.

I decided upon starting my second file that if I do everything end up wanting to beat the story, I would do it without doing any of the major story quests (no Divine Beasts) aside from getting the Master Sword (still want to do Master Trials) in order to get the full difficulty out of it. I've mostly been going for inventory slot/gear upgrades and shrines, so I already have things like max weapon slots and a maxed out stamina wheel.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Hi smashboards :] You're all strangers to me now :o

jk I definitely recognize some names ;b

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So the possibilities of Smash being announced tomorrow....and it's the 3 year anniversary of the recent Smash being released

Something's up alright

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So the possibilities of Smash being announced tomorrow....and it's the 3 year anniversary of the recent Smash being released

Something's up alright
Eh, I dunno. People in the Nintenzone highly doubt there's going to be anything about Smash. It might be simewhat mentioned at best, but I think we should take that as a grain of salt.
Hi smashboards :] You're all strangers to me now :o

jk I definitely recognize some names ;b
It took me a while to recognize you since you don't have that Falco avatar on.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
If Smash at least gets mentioned, I'll be fine. Either way I'm not gonna get my hopes up so high because of how this will go

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't see it happening this year at all.

Maybe later in the Switch's life span but not with Pokken right next door as a port.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I recently saw the following video, but I do have to question why the Spiny Shell is ranked #1.

I get that the Spiny Shell can ruin a good race, but if you already have a good lead, it becomes more of a nuisance. And in most cases, you would have to take more than just a Spiny Shell to lose your huge lead. Lastly, the Super Horn destroys the Spiny Shell.

On a side note, WhatCulture Gaming should really know the difference between an actual Blue Shell and a Spiny Shell, especially if it has covered New Super Mario Bros. at some point.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Remember that lists are also very subjective, I would agree with that over other items, he'll I'd argue a lot of smash items are worse.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Remember that lists are also very subjective, I would agree with that over other items, he'll I'd argue a lot of smash items are worse.
Amusingly, there's one video that I saw, which showed the top 10 fighting game bosses, and some people were talking trash about M. Bison being ranked higher than Shao Kahn. And yet, there is one Street Fighter game where M. Bison can actually wipe you out in mere seconds if you're not careful.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Sorry for vanishing, Persona 5 is stealing not just my heart, but a crapton of my time as well.
Over 30 hours in and I just now reached the fourth palace.
There's waaay too many characters I wanna date in this game.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Later today the university I go to is holding a prayer for a member of the football team who was seriously injured in Saturday night's game. I don't ask for this often, but please pray for my friend.

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Well I just remembered that my PS2 actually works.
And so does my copy of the Sonic Genesis collection.
I might actually be able to beat the older Sonic games sometime. (Although, I'm not sure when I would want to do that.)

Also, I recently beat Terra's story in Birth by Sleep.
So far I'm quite enjoying the game. It turns out that I'm almost halfway towards getting the Keyslinger trophy, so I think if I do enough arena challenges with Ven and Aqua, it should be no problem.
I do hear that Ven and Aqua have tough early games though (especially Aqua, since she has the least defense and attack, and is the only of the three that can't use her D-Link, for obvious reasons), as opposed to Terra, who hardly struggles due to his high defense and attack.
I assume I should make good use of at least Aqua's D-Link on Ventus' story.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well I just remembered that my PS2 actually works.
And so does my copy of the Sonic Genesis collection.
I might actually be able to beat the older Sonic games sometime. (Although, I'm not sure when I would want to do that.)

Also, I recently beat Terra's story in Birth by Sleep.
So far I'm quite enjoying the game. It turns out that I'm almost halfway towards getting the Keyslinger trophy, so I think if I do enough arena challenges with Ven and Aqua, it should be no problem.
I do hear that Ven and Aqua have tough early games though (especially Aqua, since she has the least defense and attack, and is the only of the three that can't use her D-Link, for obvious reasons), as opposed to Terra, who hardly struggles due to his high defense and attack.
I assume I should make good use of at least Aqua's D-Link on Ventus' story.
Aqua's story is a slog for the first half. It takes forever for her to kill enemies. Once you start getting better commands though, she can tear through enemies using her magic, just as easily as Terra destroys everything.
Ven doesn't really have the same problems Aqua has. His speed really balances everything out.

As for D-link, I used them a whole of 3-4 times in my entire BBS playthrough. I really didn't find them that useful.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
In terms of kingdom hearts, how important are those side games? People mostly say they mostly muddle too much in terms of the story stuff.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
In terms of kingdom hearts, how important are those side games? People mostly say they mostly muddle too much in terms of the story stuff.
I'm no KH's expert, I've actually never really played them, but I know stuff like Chain of Memories is important. If you're looking to get into KH, the PS4 1.5+2.5 Remix would probably be the best way to go in order to understand everything.

Varying degrees.

KH RE: Coded for instance, is pretty much just one detail that is mostly irrelavant

Meanwhile, Dream Drop Distance and Chain of Memories are basically required.

Birth By Sleep is extremely important as well.

358/2 days, to my memory, only fills in some blanks but isnt necessary.

No idea how important the mobile game is/will be, and I assume 2.8 is important, but no PS4.

EDIT in regards to "story muddling" most of the story seems muddled because things are confusing if you dont play the spinoffs. If you play all of the games in the right order, the story makes a reasonable amount of sense. . .just with a lot of absurd stuff.

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I've only been playing through the series for about a few months (currently up to BBS in terms of the games released), but I can still answer that for you.
Chain of Memories is very important (segue in between 1 and 2, and also introduces Organization XIII).
358/2 Days isn't quite as important, but I still feel like there are some plot points that are important (Roxas' backstory for example).
Birth by Sleep is even more important than Chain of Memories for a number of reasons.
I know that Re: Coded is the least important but I believe it might have a plot point or two that could be important (haven't gotten to it yet, so I can't say for tsure).
Dream Drop Distance is very important, as it sets up to KH3
I know that x[chi] and 0.2 are important as well, as they also set up to KH3.

As for order, this is what I went with:
KH1 -----> CoM -----> Days ------> KH2 -----> BBS ------> Coded -------> DDD -----> 0.2 ------> x[chi]?
Some people do suggest following Days' plot after KH2, but honestly I think there are some parts of KH2's narrative that make sense if you know Days' story first.
BBS can be done first since it's a prequel, but it's best experienced after Days and KH2 imo.
I'm completely guessing when it comes to x[chi] but I don't think any of the plot points from it are in 0.2 and I it is/has been receiving more updates, which will set up to KH3.
Got it memorized?
Good.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Sorry for vanishing, Persona 5 is stealing not just my heart, but a crapton of my time as well.
Over 30 hours in and I just now reached the fourth palace.
There's waaay too many characters I wanna date in this game.
They're there to take your heart ;)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Varying degrees.

KH RE: Coded for instance, is pretty much just one detail that is mostly irrelavant

Meanwhile, Dream Drop Distance and Chain of Memories are basically required.

Birth By Sleep is extremely important as well.

358/2 days, to my memory, only fills in some blanks but isnt necessary.

No idea how important the mobile game is/will be, and I assume 2.8 is important, but no PS4.

EDIT in regards to "story muddling" most of the story seems muddled because things are confusing if you dont play the spinoffs. If you play all of the games in the right order, the story makes a reasonable amount of sense. . .just with a lot of absurd stuff.
Would I be fine just sticking to the main games?

Last edited:
Would I be fine just sticking to the main games?
It would be a bit rough, especially when you get to Kingdom Hearts 3 (at least I assume, since the game isnt out)

You can definitely play 1 by itself obviously, but 2 would be weird. The villainous organization is introduced in Chain of Memories, and would probably seem out of left field without Chain. Maybe watching through cutscenes on youtube and you could be fine.

KH 3 will probably be absurdly confusing without the handheld games.

TL;DR yes, as long as you don't play 3

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Hmm alright mostly my friends who have played the other KH games told me it’s really hard to follow the side stuff or even what the point of it is.

Top Bottom