• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - October 22nd

Malcolmnex

Smash Apprentice
people need to be careful with that "biggest fanbase nonsense" if the roster was REALLY base on high request, we'd have goku and shrek. besides sakurai had is roster before we knew the game existed. so requesting does nothing.

also dark pit hate IS understandable but letting it ruin a entire game for you is like throwing out cake because you dont like the icing....... im hungry

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
And she was apparently a top candidate for Brawl, so it's a shame that they downsized the reps from that series.
But Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem got more reps than they deserved, that's not fair, If Wolf was cut to make room for Krystal, I could accept that, but cutting Wolf z and leaving Star Fox with two clones is wrong

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Maybe :lucas: is the one holding the zapper. Or maybe :wolf: is revealed in :4duckhunt:'s trailer.
Lol, seems legit. After all the tramautizing **** Lucas went through in his game, getting cut from Smash was the last straw and now his mind has snapped and he wants vengence. Especially considering to the majority of Nintendo fans, his story was one of the "Great stories never told" due to how unknown M3 is.

Or it could be Wolf being evil for the lulz. That works too.

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
It's Duck Hunt in this pose:
Ohhhh okay looks similar now. Still, that reveal trailer is absolutely pointless if he's already revealed.

Buuuut then again some people aren't hip to Smashboards.

But even then, if people are going on the website for answers, they've more than likely already been on at least a "confirmed characters" site.

So I'm gonna assume that the pic is a screenshot of the reveal trailer

Vianny

Smash Rookie
NNID
lenny.macias
I still don't see why a bunch of you guys want Ridley in Smash. He's a ****ING unappealing dinosaur. Seriously, I'd rather have Goku in Smash than that joke of a character.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Its pronounced RIDLEY. You need to add a BIG to it. Besides if there is ever DLC it will be MewTwo. I had hopes for RIDLEY, but Sakurai even stated that RIDLEY woud be too big. Besides the 3DS cant handle him. The reason Olimar has 3 Pikmin is not to nerf him, but 6 Pikmin would be too much for the 3DS. And the Pikmin are low quality 2D sprites. Ice Climbers couldnt be in cause the 3DS couldnt handle it.Imagine 4 or 8 RIDLEYSon Yoshi's. It will never happen. Its OK. Sakurai broke my heart too. :(
My apologies to you and the great dragon himself. It's not befitting of The Mighty RIDLEY to speak of him as one would any ordinary fighter. In fact, I most atone for my transgression by baptizing myself in the waters of Norfair and traveling to the wastelands of Phendrana for meditation.

Better?

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
I've got my fingers crossed that the Wii U version has a ton of stages, and that Bowser gets his own.

Newt Floss

Smash Journeyman
guess who the most popular characters are in Japan Megaman, Shulk, and Mewtwo.
What are you talking about? Mega Man isn't popular in Japan. This isn't the 90s. If Mega Man was as popular as the Xeno series they would still be making Mega Man games instead of canceling all of them. The Japanese consider Mega Man nothing more than a relic. Capcom knows he has a small but devoted following in the West which is why they're okay with letting him cameo in Smash Bros and be a skin in Monster Hunter.

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
What are you talking about? Mega Man isn't popular in Japan. This isn't the 90s. If Mega Man was as popular as the Xeno series they would still be making Mega Man games instead of canceling all of them. The Japanese consider Mega Man nothing more than a relic. Capcom knows he has a small but devoted following in the West which is why they're okay with letting him cameo in Smash Bros and be a skin in Monster Hunter.
I think what he means is, Mega Man was one of the most wanted newcomers for this game in Japan as he was here in the U.S.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Everyone's here arguing about Ridley

And i'm just like

"Damn, it would be hella cool if Shovel Knight was in smash, he's really suited for it."

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
It's not funny. So you think because you got your generic dog in the game you can mock other fanbases? there's more material to make a moveset from Nintendogs than from the crappy Duck Hunt.
Okay, I see you whining all the time here and it's making me sick. First of all, we've never had a dog character in smash bros. This automatically makes him unique. He also has a duck that assists him. New. He also uses frisbee and gun shots for his attacks. Fresh and new. What does Ridley have that Charizard doesn't? A big tail? For the record, Charizard has one too. Flying? Charizard. Big size?....Charizard. Fire breath? Charizard. If anything, Ridley's the boring one. He'd be taking cues from another reptilian brawler, and then you'd complain about "lazy" Sakurai again. He didn't need to make a game for years to make you disrespectful creeps happy. Just because his opinion differs doesn't mean you can pick on him.

KirbySS44

Smash Cadet
Everyone's here arguing about Ridley

And i'm just like

"Damn, it would be hella cool if Shovel Knight was in smash, he's really suited for it."
I think a trophy would be crazy enough. Imagine, the first indie game represented in smash bros.

chkenparm

Smash Cadet
I won't buy Smash 4, If Sakurai, refuses to listen to the biggest fan bases, and trolls us with stupid characters that NOBODYwanted (Doctor Mario, Dark Pit, WFT), then I am done, with Smash, might as well go PS4, AT LEAST SONY LISTENS TO US!!!
I mained Dr. Mario in Melee and am super psyched to see him back, so your post has officially been invalidated. Have fun on PS4, don't come back.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
I mained Dr. Mario in Melee and am super psyched to see him back, so your post has officially been invalidated. Have fun on PS4, don't come back.
further invalidated. I secondary WFT.

CCD23

Smash Cadet
I still don't see why a bunch of you guys want Ridley in Smash. He's a ****ING unappealing dinosaur. Seriously, I'd rather have Goku in Smash than that joke of a character.
...And here we go again. This is a perfect example of why Ridley supporter's fuses are getting short.

I will refer to the post I made yesterday.

It's clear from your post that you are posting childish flame bait in addition to not even being familiar with the Metroid series. I don't care that you don't like Ridley. But please, if you are going to express your opinion, do it in a manner that provides some sort of substance to your post instead of a very poorly done insult. You can still not like a character and provide a civil expression of why you don't like him/her.

Now then, we want Ridley in Smash because he's a recurring, iconic character (as well as the primary villain) from the Metroid series. He would also bring new moves and play styles to the Smash series as well. If you had played at least a majority of the Metroid games out there, and had gotten to the Ridley battles, this would be abundantly clear. Also understanding the story behind the Metroid series and his relationship with Samus would further solidify the reasoning for Ridley to be included as a playable character.

Not trying to be a douche here, I'm just saying.

....we've never had a dog character in smash bros. This automatically makes him unique. He also has a duck that assists him. New. He also uses frisbee and gun shots for his attacks. Fresh and new.

What does Ridley have that Charizard doesn't? A big tail? For the record, Charizard has one too. Flying? Charizard. Big size?....Charizard. Fire breath? Charizard. If anything, Ridley's the boring one. He'd be taking cues from another reptilian brawler

...He didn't need to make a game for years to make you disrespectful creeps happy. Just because his opinion differs doesn't mean you can pick on him.
Completely agree with the first and last parts of your post dude. (Though Duck Hunt's B-> special is shooting a clay pigeon, not a frisbee. I've done it before in real life and it's a lot of fun! :p And also part of the reason I love the inclusion of Duck Hunt. At this point, he's sort of a semi-main for me. But at any rate...)

...That middle part of your post that I bolded... The hell? Seriously? More of this crap?

I refer to the underlined paragraph above where I quoted you in addition to this part of what I posted yesterday:

(E.g. Ridley would be just a clone of Charizard... Really? So then by that logic, Captain Falcon and Little Mac would be clones just because they're muscular dudes that fight up close? And Zelda and Peach would be clones just because they're princesses in dresses? People who say these kinds of things clearly do not seem to be familiar with the original games, nor seem to want to think critically about the topic.)

Not insulting you here, but being familiar with both Metroid and Pokemon myself (at least the first few generations), Charizard and Ridley and VERY VERY different. Charizard has all of the standard Pokemon movesets to derive a character from (as he his now for the most part) while Ridley has completely different attacks and tactics he uses to try to take down Samus in the Metroid games. Ergo, if Ridley is implemented in the Smash series, he would be completely different. (Like Captain Falcon vs Little Mac, Peach vs Zelda, etc...) But regardless of my personal views on Ridley, saying that a Pokemon and a recurring Metroid villain would be the same boggles my mind.

Once again, I'm not trying to flame or come across as hostile. Just trying to inject some constructive discussion here. That's all. :colorful:

Last edited:

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
...And here we go again. This is a perfect example of why Ridley supporter's fuses are getting short.

I will refer to the post I made yesterday.

It's clear from your post that you are posting childish flame bait in addition to not even being familiar with the Metroid series. I don't care that you don't like Ridley. But please, if you are going to express your opinion, do it in a manner that provides some sort of substance to your post instead of a very poorly done insult. You can still not like a character and provide a civil expression of why you don't like him/her.

Now then, we want Ridley in Smash because he's a recurring, iconic character (as well as the primary villain) from the Metroid series. He would also bring new moves and play styles to the Smash series as well. If you had played at least a majority of the Metroid games out there, and had gotten to the Ridley battles, this would be abundantly clear. Also understanding the story behind the Metroid series and his relationship with Samus would further solidify the reasoning for Ridley to be included as a playable character.

Not trying to be a douche here, I'm just saying.

Completely agree with the first and last parts of your post dude. (Though Duck Hunt's B-> special is shooting a clay pigeon, not a frisbee. I've done it before in real life and it's a lot of fun! :p And also part of the reason I love the inclusion of Duck Hunt. At this point, he's sort of a semi-main for me. But at any rate...)

...That middle part of your post that I bolded... The hell? Seriously? More of this crap?

I refer to the underlined paragraph above your quote in addition to this part of what I posted yesterday.

(E.g. Ridley would be just a clone of Charizard... Really? So then by that logic, Captain Falcon and Little Mac would be clones just because they're muscular dudes that fight up close? And Zelda and Peach would be clones just because they're princesses in dresses? People who say these kinds of things clearly do not seem to be familiar with the original games, nor seem to want to think critically about the topic.)

Not insulting you here, but being familiar with both Metroid and Pokemon myself (at least the first few generations), Charizard and Ridley and VERY VERY different. Charizard has all of the standard Pokemon movesets to derive a character from (as he his now for the most part) while Ridley has completely different attacks and tactics he uses to try to take down Samus. Regardless of my personal views, saying that a Pokemon and a recurring Metroid villain would be the same boggles my mind.

Once again, I'm not trying to flame or come across as hostile. Just trying to inject some constructive discussion here. That's all. :colorful:
Adding on to this, look at the way the Ridley boss fights are handled in both Metroid and Brawl. Ridley isn't just a cliche dragon. Shooting missiles from his mouth and back, using his wings to blow wind, dashing, the pogo stick tail, bouncing fireballs. Heck, they could even have him using phazon or summoning zebesians. Charizard has none of this, his fire breath attack is taken from bowser anyways.

Charizard is fire based, Ridley is based on weapons and modifications. There's not much of a comparison other than the fact that they're both dragons.

Spaghetti Falco

Smash Apprentice
NNID
brandorf
3DS FC
3024-6627-7748
Nice name-calling, almost hurt me.

Skytown was a pretty requested stage, but guess what? Prime doesn't exist. Two Metroid characters? Oh, the same person with different clothes. Metroid newcomer? No, stage hazard. The only fair rep was Smash Run, and. we didn't even get Space Pirates.

And Pyrosphere's another lava place, because Metroid totally doesn't have tons of interesting Ancient Ruins, Alien Jungles, Snow Wonderlands, Sci-Fi Bases, CITIES IN THE ****ING SKY.

It's not Ridley and Mewtwo, it's them plus everything else that's missing, like new stages for Nintendo's biggest franchises.
I find it hilarious that you can't just appreciate everything the game already has to offer
You can't appreciate the absolutely beautiful stages, gorgeous HD graphics and large character roster
Darn Mewtwo and Ridley aren't in
Oh jeez not enough stages
get over it
You're the saltiest person I've ever seen
You're sodium levels have sky rocketed past known comprehension
Maybe you should learn how to not act like a snotty rich kid who complains when he gets a XboxOne
Because boohoo i didn't get what i want so let me throw a hissy fit
Grow up and appreciate what your getting for gods sake

Top Bottom