• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Update is out

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
As a Pac-Man player, I can easily confirm his grab animation has been sped up and ending lag reduced. This was my number one wanted change. Very nice. I'm gonna go buy some Kix and pretend it's Power Pellet cereal to celebrate.

Last edited:

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
Currently rendering a video showing Mewtwo's unlock, some features they've put in, his colours, testing Mewtwo on sandbag and three matches with him. I'll post a link when it's on Youtube. It's in 60FPS and shows me generally messing about with his moves for a good 2 minutes Before fighting a CPU, if anyone wants to see how he plays. I'll do a few rounds online aswell with him and upload that later on in the day.

His D Tilt is insanely fast. Most of his moves have great range, rapid jab pulls enemies in. His moves come out and have as much lag on them as you'd expect. Teleport doesn't autocancel if you do it towards the floor. He's great at juggling with his Bair. Strangely D throw doesn't combo into Fair, even though it looks like it should. I don't mean that it's not a "true combo", I mean it just doesn't work. The Fair just goes through the enemy... Overall he's pretty damn good.

Final Smash is a full screen projectile that does 30% every time, kills at about 60%.

Attachments

Last edited:

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
Mega Man's up air has dramatically less knockback. He now freezes in place for down air making it a little easier to hit with.

NeepKing

Smash Rookie
- Sonic's back throw got nerfed.
- Jigg's rest got a 6% buff.
- Diddy now has a harder time killing , unless you count his custom up b.
- Charizard got nerfed for some reason ( flare blittz deals more recoil/ 10%)
- Marth/Ike seem to have less aerial landing lag, might just be me though.
- Ness' up throw seems faster.
- Robin seems slightly buffed, excluding the Thoron nerf. (kills around 130 instead of around 120 apparently)
- Pacman's grab got faster ,he also feels buffed in general.
- Palutena's grab got longer range.
- Shulk's counter does not last as long.
- Meta-knight seems to have more range on d-air and forward smash.
- Mii Brawlers piston punched was nerfed.
- Lylat cruise's ledges have been fixed.

There is probably a lot more buffs/nerfs than these (and I wouldn't bet on all of these being 100% true/ or true at all).

hewhoamareismyself

Smash Rookie
Since no one has said this, Greninja has definitely not been nerfed, in general his smash attacks appear to have much larger hitboxes and in general come out faster, dsmash in particular looks stronger. Greninja's kill throw seems to no longer be much of an option but you only ever use that if you're finding it absolutely impossible to close stocks because it hardly works below 150%. I'd rather easier uthrow->uair since uair has a spike for combos anyhow.

also feel like smashes have more potent knockback but I have no data to back that up. The kill table in ninja forums says puff dies from an upsmash at around 70% and I managed it around 50% with a sweetspot but the sweetspot is obv suspect etc.

Also you can't hold Shadow Sneak forever by holding down other buttons. I never saw much application for that one anyway, but woohoo remove every cool thing about Shadow Sneak.

danzibr

Smash Cadet
Why oh why did they nerf Sheik?

I haven't gotten to play yet, but hopefully she's not the suckiness she was in Brawl.

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
don't get the code yet.. i'm not the only one ...right? ...right??? :p
Don't worry, alot of people had theirs before me. It'll come eventually, just watch your email like a hawk. XD

Also, the Youtube video I put up a few posts ago is now up in 60fps. Enjoy!

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
Lucina's Shield Breaker (and likely Marth's) seem a lot slower. Can't charge in air as fast, and fully charging is noticeably longer.

Because we totally need more lag..

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Don't tell me they buffed Robin!? :'(

How about Link and Wii Fit Trainer?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Played some For Glory with Ness and King Dedede, both seem pretty much unchanged.
PK thunder travels faster it seems. As far as I can tell as well, down throw has larger knockback growth.

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
http://youtu.be/Oya0zk4MK8g

Here's a link to my DLC Showcase (It's currently uploading right now) if anyone is interested! I'm gonna do a Mewtwo move showcase aswell today. And I'm gonna work on showing off some of the major changes to this version. If anyone has any ideas of what else I should do let me know!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Anybody else having any issues installing the actual update?

I can download it no problem, but every time I download it and it starts to install, it instantly goes to an error screen.

The specific problem is Error Code: 105-3013. Any help would be appreciated, I'm very perplexed by this whole issue.

Note that this is the Wii U version in particular. I'll share any information I can gather once it's actually updated.

Last edited:

E.Lopez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
roykoopa64
When I booted up my game, there was some pop-up window or message before the title screen came up that I completely missed because I accidentally pressed the A button or something when that window popped up.

I hope it was just an indicator window of some kind saying "the game has now been updated," but I could have sworn I saw a selection had to be made in that window, as in you select yes or no to whatever question came up. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, did I miss something important or was it nothing?

@ Wintropy Wintropy , I did not have any issues like that one.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
When I booted up my game, there was some pop-up window or message before the title screen came up that I completely missed because I accidentally pressed the A button or something when that window popped up.

I hope it was just an indicator window of some kind saying "the game has now been updated," but I could have sworn I saw a selection had to be made in that window, as in you select yes or no to whatever question came up. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, did I miss something important or was it nothing?

It's just a pop up to tell you about the eShop menu which can be accessed from the notices mini menu off the main screen.

Cookie_Aroma

Smash Cadet
Is there a community patch notes thread for this update yet?

I have two 3DS's and two Smash 3DS's for checking stuff while I wait for my Mewtwo to arrive.

Donkeykong98123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkeykong98123
Donkey Kong's Uair has a 1% nerf. 13 damage now insteadd of 14%.

His Grounded UpB has a 1% nerf. 17 damage instead of 18%.

Not entirely sure but Uthrow>Uair seeems easier to hit.

Dong Cyclone remains untouched. As with everything else.

Will do further testing in 5+ hours, school :^(

DK-RULES

Smash Apprentice
Donkey Kong's Uair has a 1% nerf. 13 damage now insteadd of 14%.

His Grounded UpB has a 1% nerf. 17 damage instead of 18%.

Not entirely sure but Uthrow>Uair seeems easier to hit.

Dong Cyclone remains untouched. As with everything else.

Will do further testing in 5+ hours, school :^(
I saw some comments on DK that his Bair has less landing lag. I wonder if other things have lag reduced.

cot(θ)

Smash Journeyman

It's telling you about the stage-, etc-sharing features and something about new "notifications" (though it's not specific about what sort of notifications), and asks if you would like to receive these things. It defaults to No, but I assume this can be changed in the options menu.

Illuminati13

Smash Rookie
NNID
JulesF13
RIP Diddy's up air knockback hahaha tried killing dedede at 160% with a hoo ha and hedidnt even budge.

But has anyone found anything for Luigi? Can't tell if there's a difference

Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Yoshi's pivot grab appears to have a little less ending lag now, also Dtilt is doing 5% instead of 4%

Last edited:

*StardusT*

Smash Rookie
NNID
StardusT1119
I had a feeling it'd be the case... Well, time to record a load ._.

Sonic's Bthrow has been nerfed? Well I was expecting that, and I can live with that... I wonder what else has changed ._.
I'm just glad Sonic's USmash and Fsmash are still as godly as ever. xD

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Okay! I managed to fix the installation error (surprisingly easy to do) and I've been testing out characters on both versions. Here's my input:

:4pit:

+ D-air is easier to spike
- F-throw is weaker, kills at higher percents

:4palutena:

+? F-smash and d-smash have better range?
~ Shiny flashes (foot in d-air, staff in u-smash, foot in f-air, etc) are even shinier (graphical update)

:4lucina:

+ Stronger damage output overall
+ Dancing Blade is easier to string

+? F-smash in particular seems to be buffed, KOs at lower percents?
~ Shield Breaker has a neat red glow (graphical update)

:4robinf:

+ Wind jab stuns opponent until the final blow
+? Elwind seems to travel higher?

Top Bottom