• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Update is out

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
what stage, though? it seems like it was nerfed slightly. i was able to kill samus near the edge (where the AI starts in training) at 100% in the old version, but it took around 110% in the patch, which just barely kills. so yes, it's about 10% weaker in terms of knockback now, but it's still fairly strong. nice!
I used battlefield

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL

don't worry, you can disable it in the controls menu. i have no idea why they added it anyway though it's the weirdest design choice i've ever seen
In my experience, teaching new players how to Smash Attack is a pain, especially considering it's one of the most important attacks to get good at to kill people, so honestly I find this a good thing.

Since it looks like nobody else noticed by the way, the game remembers your name so you don't have to re-enter it every time you go in the character select screen. :O

Robfire

Smash Rookie
Set them to second controller in training to avoid this.
fox's upsmash still kills mario at 110 instead of 105 now. same with ness' back throw taking about 10% more to kill.

EDIT:
In my experience, teaching new players how to Smash Attack is a pain, especially considering it's one of the most important attacks to get good at to kill people, so honestly I find this a good thing.

Since it looks like nobody else noticed by the way, the game remembers your name so you don't have to re-enter it every time you go in the character select screen. :O
but it doesn't make any smashes easier except i guess forward smashes? if you want to do an up smash, you still have to press up and then a+b, same with down smash. it just makes it another button to push, except i guess you can just press 2 buttons instead of 1 button and forward for a side smash.

Last edited:

Roll-Spamming-Peasant

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MontyRattata
what stage, though? it seems like it was nerfed slightly. i was able to kill samus near the edge (where the AI starts in training) at 100% in the old version, but it took around 110% in the patch, which just barely kills. so yes, it's about 10% weaker in terms of knockback now, but it's still fairly strong. nice!

just tested this. fox's up smash kos mario in the old version at around 105, where in the new version, it's around 110. i guess it's 5% weaker knockback now? seems like both AIs are using DI.
Fox main here, can confirm, it would seem the UpSmash is just a tad bit weaker, but for some reason it feels like my landing lag has been lessened. Also JAB LOCK IS UNCHANGED, CONGRATS FELLOW FOX MAINS, WE DID IT.

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
It's about time, too, it was absolutely absurd for Ness to have just as much power percentage wise with his back throw as Donkey Kong, what the frick.

I noticed that as well. I wonder how this works for multiplayer. This will sure beat having to constantly change my name back to my set tag between online matches when joining different people. Now I can just join and pick my character. Sweet.

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL
EDIT:

but it doesn't make any smashes easier except i guess forward smashes? if you want to do an up smash, you still have to press up and then a+b, same with down smash. it just makes it another button to push, except i guess you can just press 2 buttons instead of 1 button and forward for a side smash.
Not true, you can simply hold up and press A+B or hold down and press A+B, instead of tapping it which is the norm

Robfire

Smash Rookie
Not true, you can simply hold up and press A+B or hold down and press A+B, instead of tapping it which is the norm
ohh. i get it now. that's kind of neat actually :drshrug:

i guess it lets you walk into a side smash and crouch into down smash easier as well

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
"Users: 68, Guests: 131"

Not surprised at all lol

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Link's down throw has reduced hitstun - At low percents, you can't dthrow>bair anymore.

I literally picked Link up less than a week ago, so I'll need someone to help me out with listing his changes.

Phoenon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PhoenonX
I could swear Marth's side B full combo has more hitstun now, I'm always able to land the full combo with no chance to escape/Marth up B out of it at low percentages.

I know for certain his Shield Breaker has more range now too, never used to be that disjointed.

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
EDIT: NVM I found it. And I haven't gotten the mewtwo e-mail but got the e-mail for the free elite member download. Should I be concerned?
I'm in the same boat, I wouldn't worry about it. We probably won't get our codes for some hours since I don't think anyone is actually at NOA right now since it's the middle of the night in all the American timezones.

VivaReverie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GreenTL
Does this make pivot smashes without c stick easier?
Holy Jesus I just tried this (With Dr. Mario because I have him at the ready)
Didn't fail a single pivot smash

EDIT: Though might be an over-exaggeration, doing it with just A is still pretty easy

Last edited:

Robfire

Smash Rookie
Link's down throw has reduced hitstun - At low percents, you can't dthrow>bair anymore.
you sure about this? i can still do it on characters with average falling speed like mario. it doesn't work on fox, though, but i don't think it ever did. i don't see why they'd nerf the hitstun of one of link's throws, that just seems odd

Paxadin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paxadin
3DS FC
2767-1146-9743
Charizard takes 10% damage from Flare Blitz.

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
I'm in the same boat, I wouldn't worry about it. We probably won't get our codes for some hours since I don't think anyone is actually at NOA right now since it's the middle of the night in all the American timezones.

Haha, I'm just kidding... But seriously.

At least this gives me time to record all my replays I want.

KAiZAfox

Smash Rookie
First post from a long-time lurker. I'm a Lucario main since Brawl and it really seems like his Extremespeed has been de-nerfed from before, it seems a lot easier to cancel the ending lag by just touching the ground at any point. can anyone fact check this?

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Holy Jesus I just tried this (With Dr. Mario because I have him at the ready)
Didn't fail a single pivot smash

EDIT: Though might be an over-exaggeration, doing it with just A is still pretty easy
MAN, I tried this with DK in For Glory now - didn't fail once! And I landed several of them! This is actually a very good new feature

Phoenon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PhoenonX
Did Palutena's forward smash windbox always used to have such crazy range?

Zionaze

Smash Ace
F A L C O B O Y S
his U-smash is FINALLY fixed and doesn't whiff anymore

*technically still whiffs at 631% on ganon :V

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Zelda has noticeably faster movement speed. If her moves have had lag reduction, it's not much. Zelda mains, help me out - I don't think I've played this character for 5 hours total.

I noticed while fighting Dark Pit that his side-B has a blind spot right next to him, is this new?

Robfire

Smash Rookie
First post from a long-time lurker. I'm a Lucario main since Brawl and it really seems like his Extremespeed has been de-nerfed from before, it seems a lot easier to cancel the ending lag by just touching the ground at any point. can anyone fact check this?
seems virtually unchanged to me. if you don't go in at a very flat angle, it glides across the ground like it always did. not like extreme speed was bad in the first place--it goes incredibly far at high percents and has decent height even at 0%.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Not sure if this is the place to rant about it, but when they said the Mii costumes would be $.75, I thought they were referring to the whole pack and not each individual one. Whelp there goes the little interest I had in it. $6? No thanks.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Not sure if this is the place to rant about it, but when they said the Mii costumes would be $.75, I thought they were referring to the whole pack and not each individual one. Whelp there goes the little interest I had in it. $6? No thanks.
protoman was really all i cared about anyway :V

Yellowkirbyguy

Smash Rookie
Samus's Forward tilt's power became weird. It now has a sweet spot on the toes that does 8%, then the foot does 7% while near the knee it does 5% then with the thigh you got 6%. I'm not good with explanations but that's how i see it.

Top Bottom