• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Definitely not me.

For one, I'll be super tired (It's at 7AM for me so I have to wake up at like 6:50 for it, and absolute the earliest I wake up is at 8AM), and for another, Smashboards is going to inevitably turn into Crashboards.

I'm also not looking forward to the massive amount of salt we're inevitably going to see tomorrow.

If someone were to make a Discord though I'd join it.
Is it weird that I wake up at 6.50 even in weekends? :laugh: Though the direct is in the evening for me, anyway.

Last edited:

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
Mini game time!

Post your list of no more than 10 characters. You'll score 10 points for each character that is shown tomorrow. Get @me with your results. Any posts containing an edit after the Direct starts will be disqualified. GO!
Leggo. I'm all in on our friend Grinch.

Ken
Shadow
Mach Rider
Isaac
Chorus Kids
Geno
Banjo-Kazooie
Incineroar
Dante
Sora (Pretty please, Daddy Sakurai?)

EDIT: I placed my list inside the quotes like the idiot I am. :D

Last edited:

Fane

Smash Journeyman
I have a LOT of characters on mine, but what can I say? I love everyone on the roster almost equally! Except Bayonetta and Cloud, whom I don't care for at all

Ones I'd also add but I'm not going to be playing nearly as much as these characters would be: Pit, Dark Pit, Dark Samus, Richter, Robin, and Shulk. :)
ultiroster.png

Definitely most excited for: Pichu, Yoshi, Chrom, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, Greninja, Duck Hunt, Corrin, and Inklings. Barring the new ones, they ALL have something different about them, whether it's their Final Smash or big changes from their last appearances.

Hoping I can add Skull Kid to this sometime, but I don't think that'll happen for base roster unfortunately. Oh, well, hopefully we get some awesome characters tomorrow and the DLC list is solid.(Please don't shove out a bunch of 3rd parties, I need my 1st parties to get more love Samurai)

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Metal Gear Solid: I had an idea of a Stage based on Mother Base with the soldiers cheering on the fight cameos from Ocelot, Quiet, Miller, Etc.
honestly i think a metal gear solid 3 or 2 stage would be more fitting. mother base is a lot more of a newer thing from a game and more metal gear solid fans would probably recognize the big shell or groznyj grad. cameos other than the metal gears would be a cool idea though

Pakky

Smash Hero
So if the Grinch leak is real what do you all wan the fist Mach comic to be about?

I've had some terrible ideas but let me hear yours.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
for some reason (aka because hes a moody anime boy with a twoubwed past.. .... .) even the communities for the older dbz games want tapion. pretty sure ive seen multiple mods of budokai 3 that had tapion
Depending on how creative they wanna get with Tapion, he could be a fairly unique character... In that he could have spells... I know ki is sorta like magic... But idk I think things like evil containment wave etc are under represented in Dragon Ball games... And they could use wizard spells and junk in his move set since hirudigarn was sealed away with magic etc. It would involve creative liberties but it's also nice to get a classic character with an inovative spin.

Edit.

Dabura is also cool.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Smash Direct tomorrow, and the biggest thing on our minds was brought to us by none other than Mr. Grinch.

This is the most blessed timeline.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Sans is pretty heavily implied to be in Smash in some form in the new Undertale game. After beating the first chapter, if you talk to him he says he's "busy tomorrow".

This is after the before mentioned Smash Bros reference as well as a Dr Seuss reference.

Last edited:

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Mini game time!

Post your list of no more than 10 characters. You'll score 10 points for each character that is shown tomorrow. Get @me with your results. Any posts containing an edit after the Direct starts will be disqualified. GO!
I'm all about Grinch atm so...

1) Ken
2) Shadow
3) Chorus Kids
4) Banjo & Kazooie
5) Isaac
6) Geno
7) Mach Rider
8) Incineroar
9) Skull Kid
10) Dixie Kong

Last three are assuming that Grinch was a ruse and didn't steal Smashmas, but we don't know, and considering there's no debunk and with the chaos emerging, I'm going with legit still. ;)

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Sans is pretty heavily implied to be in Smash in some form in the new Undertale game. After beating the first chapter, if you talk to him he says he's "busy tomorrow".

This is after the before mentioned Smash Bros reference as well as a Dr Seuss reference.
It's basically Shantae all over again.

The amount of references in this beta man...

Apparently Yoshi is very popular in the world of monsters Zinith Zinith

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319

This is the Shantae Ultimate Slumber Party all over again ain’t it?

EDIT::ultgreninja:’D

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Team Real or Fake, you gotta give the Grinch leak some credit.

The only thing that was spoiled so far was the mural, but still no CSS, official render, or gameplay leaks yet before tomorrow.

Last edited:

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
So if the Grinch leak is real what do you all wan the fist Mach comic to be about?

I've had some terrible ideas but let me hear yours.
I just want it to illustrate my headcanon that Mach Rider was just an ordinary Excitebike racer—until they attacked! [The protagonist flies up off of one of the racetrack's mounds into the air, gasping as they witness the alien armada in the sky above.]

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Hoo boy if we do end up with Sans in Smash

Sorry Pichu but I have a new main

and the music oml the music

Can Undertale be the exception to the music and stage groupings because I want to listen to Megalovania on every stage!

Confirmation

Smash Ace

I'd meme on Smash fans too if I had the chance

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt
Sans appearing as an Assist Trophy would honestly be fine. Feel like Undertale is popular enough to warrant that. Adding onto that, Sans probably was voted enough in the ballot to warrant an inclusion of some kind, like Shovel Knight. Although I have to wonder what percentage of that was memeing.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm pretty sure the Smash references are tongue in cheek, but I, too, would unironically love Sans in Smash.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
A boss idea someone told me was Black Knight and that he's ****ing huge, never before have I been more sold on a boss fight idea than that, big ass armoured **** with way too much health
I just want it to illustrate my headcanon that Mach Rider was just an ordinary Excitebike racer—until they attacked! [The protagonist flies up off of one of the racetrack's mounds into the air, gasping as they witness the alien armada in the sky above.]
My headcanon is that Mach Rider is just Kamen Rider and that both of them try to beat the other's 'Nazis punched' quota of the day

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

I feel like Shovel Knight couldn't have been the only "guest AT". Sans and Shantae honestly complete that trio I feel like. Unless somehow he's ****ing playable, I'm which case I'd be astonished lol

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Sans actually makes sense as an AT imo. Sakurai enjoyed the game a lot, but wouldn't have had time (or enough demand) to add playable Sans, but could settle for an AT and as a response the game get ported to Switch. He could even be a Spirits boss

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I think Sans at most is an assist. Definitely no playable Undertale characters. Some music from the game would be swag though. Happy 6900 btw

****, missed my mark

Last edited:

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Sans appearing as an Assist Trophy would honestly be fine. Feel like Undertale is popular enough to warrant that. Adding onto that, Sans probably was voted enough in the ballot to warrant an inclusion of some kind, like Shovel Knight. Although I have to wonder what percentage of that was memeing.
I don't think the ballot would've helped any Undertale character's chances significantly considering the game came out literally a few months before it ended, it probably was too late for anyone from there to pick up major steam before the ballot ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom